Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
raina_rocks said:
real player , itunes, quick time(on windows)..... suck
winamp with dfx....... rockin....
vlc....rocks

havent used kmplayer ...... isit better than others????
n i myself didnt like jet audio much...

vlc, gomplayer and kmplayer are from the same league.

They all are customization friendly and comes loaded with alll th necessay built in codecs and other a/v enhancements.

you can choose anyone, equally good. Just a matter of personal preference:)

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
^^ wat do u hav 2 do with d album art......
@t159 where can i get kmplayer or gomplayer frm..... im usin vlc at present...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
raina_rocks said:
^^ wat do u hav 2 do with d album art......
@t159 where can i get kmplayer or gomplayer frm..... im usin vlc at present...
For Kmplayer

Click here to download

For GOMPlayer

click here to download

Oor just simply find any software on www.softpedia.com*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/www.softpedia.com

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Mahahhahaa .. You are comparing Wmplayer with Fb2k .. :eek: ..

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/184/fb2k5xa2.th.gif

Now that we have much resources in our machines, I wont talk about minimal resource usage of Foobar .. But can you modify the interface of Wmp as you like .? Can you create scripts ..? Can run (insert format here) files ? Can you save your tag data if you want to move your media library ? Can you do this .. that ...
Blah blah ...

Never ever compare Fb2k with Wmp again .. It wont stand a chance ..

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
it_waaznt_me said:
But can you modify the interface of Wmp as you like .?
that's what skins are for .

it_waaznt_me said:
Can you create scripts ..?
nopes n i don't need em for simply managing my library

it_waaznt_me said:
Can run (insert format here) files ?
yes , with KLite Codec Pack installed it'll run anything .

it_waaznt_me said:
Can you save your tag data if you want to move your media library ?
yes , it automatically saves tag data to MP3 , WMA files .

it_waaznt_me said:
Can you do this .. that ...
yes n i can do the Dooda Dooda too ;)

btw , if u want that much customization , scripts n stuff , code your own player to do whatever u want , that would be the ultimate customizable player but that takes time n same wap WMP provides a convenient interface
to your media library n has enuf features to satify most people :)

lalam

In the zone
I don't like winamp nor real player (I only use it to listen to some online radio sites that uses the real plugin, surf those sites using the player browser)
Nothing beats JetAudio to me and if u got the plus version its all there. Convert audio, convert video to mp3, encode video, rip cd, burn cd, edit tag, broadcast your playlist through jetcast, record music, plays most formats both video and audio, equalizer present. Also etc sound enhancement feature like bbe, bbe viva, reverb effect, wide effect, x-bass and x-surround are all plus features too.
Plus check this link out *www.cowonamerica.com/development/jdn_rsrc.html You can create your skin and all if you do have the knowledge.

Last edited:

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You didnt get my point about modifying the interface it seems...

*farm2.static.flickr.com/1163/1151083750_02c12df396_m.jpg

Do you see those blue buttons in between ..? They were not there in the default theme .. The default buttons were too tiny and pushed down in the interface .. So I added button there for my ease of use .. That is called customisation ... Now dont do go bragging about resource hacker ...

Scripts : Hahhahahaa .. Now that you've mentioned managing your library, have a look here .. Thats just a small bit of madness .. :p .. Actually I was talking about this ..

Format : Blah .. Leave this .. I dont wanna convert my files to Musepack or flac to test it on Wmplayer ..

Tags : Duh .. Lets say you have three four albums in a single folder .. You use Wmplayer to tag them for album art .. Wmp will create {123798347894AJKHA}.jpg files in that folder .. Now try moving that folder .. All you tag data will be lost .. The same will happen if you reinstall windows ..

There are many sophisticated words like ReplayGain or Lyrics show or change the output bits or blah blah ... But you wont appreciate them caus you've never used them ...

Last edited:

pushkaraj

In the zone
I love wmp11 for its interface. I use it basically for playing songs.
For movies, i generally use k-lite mega codec pack.

Recntly i have also started using bsplayer which plays almost any format.
I have started loving it because it has inbuilt support for winlirc:) through which i control the movie being played with my tv remote:cool:(well i had just made an infrared receiver for my pc sometime back).
So as long as there is support for winlirc, bsplayer rocks:grin:

Similarly i was also able to find a plugin for winamp with which again i can control winamp using the remote. So, winamp rocks;)

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Firstly , the screenshot you posted itself is a WMP 11 Skin for Foobar(llok at the controls) .

Secondly , WMP 11 automatically arranges my files according to the Artist/Album/Song Folder Scheme(which i have set) and it gives you the option of Saving the Album art as a jpeg(folder.jpg) or embed in File .

Also WMP 11 Monitors my library folders , so even if i Rename the File or Change Tag data , it recognizes it n then places it accordingly(like if i change artist , then it'll automatically be shifted to another folder) . i simply have to drag n drop my files into my Music folder n they automatically are arranged , neatly renamed , n All tags are updated .

As for ReplayGain , WMP 11 has an inbuilt normalizing feature so all my files sound the same , although u can turn off automatic normalization if you want .

And , WMP 11 Shows the Lyrics of the playin song too .

I guess u need to Give WMP 11 a shot to know what all it brings along .

mayhemabhi

Broken In
Re: which music player (s/w) sounds the best for you?

adinzbox said:
I tried these on different sound cards, for get about the interface, to me real player sounds the best and I got the most natural sound.. what you guyz think... lemme know. Winamp with DFX is abit ok, but still sounds too bright for me. Itunes, MediaMonkey..WMP etc etc are too light sounded even after tweaking the equalizer. Soundwise RealPlayer 10 free version with 3band EQ sounds like a winner to me.
Try GOM player its free & full f features...........

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Like I said .. I *added* those buttons there ..

[Edit] .. Shows ...? Whos talking about just showing lyrics .. You can download / upload lyrics here ...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
it_waaznt_me said:
Like I said .. I *added* those buttons there ..

[Edit] .. Shows ...? Whos talking about just showing lyrics .. You can download / upload lyrics here ...
k , well i'm satisfied with WMP 11 here n it does all that i want to do :)

Besides , Foobar does not Display your music collection as a collection of CD's(Album Art) as in the screenshot . also , i like WMP library management features more .

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
can sm1 help me with wmp11......... i hav started using it nw......... n i need sm codecs........ gimme sm links......

shantanu

Technomancer
you can download k-lite codec package.. (google for hundreds of links..) :) and if for vista (Vista codec package)

*www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Last edited:

S!D

Monster Truck
Have been using a comp for more than 6 years now, and have tried and tested almost all and kinds of players:
:arrow: min resource to resource hungry; stunning looks to basic explorer type looks; ability to modulate sound beyond recognition; and ones with an array of available plug-ins.
All boiled down to 2:

Winamp5x : Music sounds best with the added DFX Plugin. Highest no. of available skins on the net (Good looking one's for that matter). Ease of use and comparably low
Jetaudio7 : Good for all applications. Isnt too powerfull in the free version, but has very practically useful tools. Plays almost everything (any format that you would practically ever need to play) that i throwed at it.
Set it as the default player for all media files, activated and configured global hotkeys and added it to the startup folder. So once i start the computer, all i need is a few buttons to control the player while it is comfortable minimised to the tray. works great with videos as well. Gives an option to scale video size by small increments(horizontal and vertical separately as well for those 16:9 aspect ratios on my 16:10 display) while on full screen to utilize the screensize to the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom