which is the best music player

Status
Not open for further replies.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Fb2k is one of those softwares that are keeping me from making Ubuntu my default operating system ..
<brag>

*img369.imageshack.us/img369/4416/fb2k4jj6.th.jpg

</brag>

chinmay

Journeyman
3-4 months back I'd have recommended iTunes for its soud production and best interface. But iTunes 7.x is a pain for my miniscule 512mb ram. So I recommend Winamp.

coolsunny

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
Fb2k is one of those softwares that are keeping me from making Ubuntu my default operating system ..
<brag>

</brag>
I want to try Fb2k. so i downloaded it.but its very simple in looks,but in this pic quite good.& cant find any sound control in it.How to enable ASIO plugin ? i download foo_out_asio.dll file..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
coolsunny said:
I want to try Fb2k. so i downloaded it.but its very simple in looks,but in this pic quite good.& cant find any sound control in it.How to enable ASIO plugin ? i download foo_out_asio.dll file..
see at the bottom-right of the status bar, just scroll or click on the dB. Its the volume control.
or press +/- keys on keyboard to control volume
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1177/1091983534_2d50ab65a4_m.jpg

click here to see bigger image
As such i dont use Asio so no help:(
just put the asio_output.dll(or something like that) file in the component folder inside the installation directory of foobar (most probably it will be c:/program files/foobar200/component)
and start foobar2000 press ctrl+P to go to preference and then to the playback>output here select the output mode as Asio.
It may happen you may get integrity error(just remove that asio dll from to component folder if u want to revert back) so better look into the website i mentioned below.

For customizing foobar2000 go to this site:
*www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=28

And for all those skins goto:
*www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=49783&hl=Peakmeter
*www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=53189
*www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=55841

hope it helps, and yeah one more thing its like linux the more u like to explore the more u can customize. It will take a bit of reading before u can install any of those skins succesfully.
I can send u a zipped version of my fav skin if u want:)

Last edited:

coolsunny

Journeyman
@ T159 thanks for reply.. i added the dll to component folder.also edited the installerl.ini file.i added 'foo_out_asio=1' to it..After that its preference>output shows a new branch added "ASIO virtual devices"..so can i assume that ASIO is working in it?the screen shot is shown in picture...& i will like to try i ur fav skin. But in Foobar i cant see any equilizer changing option to rock or jazz..

& guys i m using XMplayer these days..its good..& its installation file is abt 360 Kb in size & it uses less than 2 Mb memory..u can also try this.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Foobar is too tough to configure....I want a simple music player for which WMP11 works fine.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I use "Izotope Ozone for media players" plugin with both Winamp and WMP 11. Even though i have "enhancer" and DFX plugins for Winamp I almost always prefer Izotope Ozone for enhancing the music.According to the software makers it " As a plug-in for Winamp, iZotope Ozone offers all the convenience of digital storage combined with the sound quality of vintage analog equipment." ya you can adjust a lot of parameters to make the music sound as you would like.No need to try various players to determine the best sound :)

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
@gx_saurav..... thr r many media players tat r simpler than wmp n r better than it....

rajasekharan

Youngling
foobar with settings
1.resampler (48k)
2.crossfeed (cause i use headphones only)
3.advanced limiter

and ....:)
ASIO

for all those who are having trouble with ASIO , use foobar web site for the plugin
*www.foobar2000.org/components/index.html
and go to preference-> output for ASIO
click on "add new".
if it says "cant find one"
google for "ASIO4ALL" and download it and install.
then follow the above procedure , you will be fine...:)

Last edited:

coolsunny

Journeyman
^^
i installed ASIO4ALL..But can't find any equalizer preset.. i want to set it to 'Rock'..

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
coolsunny said:
^^
i installed ASIO4ALL..But can't find any equalizer preset.. i want to set it to 'Rock'..
sorry mate i dont really change the equalizer settings in music players, it kinda destroys the natural feel of music, better post ur query in hydrogenaudio forum

i will soon post the foobar skin once i restart my pc to window:)

Ok here is the link to whole foobar skinned with my fav skin:

*rapidshare.com/files/48715890/foobar2000.rar.html

just download and extract to any folder and
click on foobar200.exe
choose panelsui
then when foobar starts press ctrl+P
goto panels ui option and select in layout segment "elegance/scpl.pui" instead of "defaul.pui" by clicking drop down menu.
thats done.
here is the screenshot
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1265/1103264989_0eac3ac46d_m.jpg

click here for enlarged view
Its certainly for the lovers of customization and not for spoon fed, and yeah the sound quality is at par, better than any audio player i ever listened to.

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Windows Media Player is what i use(and what comes bundled along with Vista)

it_waaznt_me said:
<brag>

</brag>
Guess you haven't used Windows Media Player 11 ;)

<evenmorebrag>

*farm1.static.flickr.com/220/509488914_a9ea7ef822.jpg

</evenmorebrag>

Last edited:

cluby

Broken In
It seems none of u have yet tried the KMPLAYER otherwise all the votes had gone to only this player.

Its free

It has better look than WMP11 ,all winamp plugins can be used by this player(just copy the required files & folders from winamp plugins directory to kmp plugins directory)-------to get dfx in kmp copy the folder DFX & dsp_dfx.dll from plugin winamp directory to kmp plugin directory.Now start the player go to preferences>plugins>audio DSP & select your choice.

Much mooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee control over what u play than any other player exixts.

Give it a try.;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
cluby said:
It seems none of u have yet tried the KMPLAYER otherwise all the votes had gone to only this player.

Its free

It has better look than WMP11 ,all winamp plugins can be used by this player(just copy the required files & folders from winamp plugins directory to kmp plugins directory)-------to get dfx in kmp copy the folder DFX & dsp_dfx.dll from plugin winamp directory to kmp plugin directory.Now start the player go to preferences>plugins>audio DSP & select your choice.

Much mooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee control over what u play than any other player exixts.

Give it a try.;)
i hav tried KMplayer-------a good one

but still i like foobar2000 simple ui for audio files:)

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
has any1 ever tried jet audio....... got its trial version....... used it fr few days ..... so cant give ma opinion on it....

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
raina_rocks said:
has any1 ever tried jet audio....... got its trial version....... used it fr few days ..... so cant give ma opinion on it....
am using jetaudio for past 3 years and its amazing for video files (though some formats are not playable).

stick to kmplayer if some formats are not supported.

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
real player , itunes, quick time(on windows)..... suck
winamp with dfx....... rockin....
vlc....rocks

T159 said:
am using jetaudio for past 3 years and its amazing for video files (though some formats are not playable).

stick to kmplayer if some formats are not supported.

havent used kmplayer ...... isit better than others????
n i myself didnt like jet audio much...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.