Which is best OPERA OR MOZILLA FIREFOX.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
opera and firefox are designed to coexist. They are not like IE where one browser gains supremacy forcefully.

I suggest you install both, as both are equally secure and much more hacker proof than IE. You can customise Firefox much more than Opera, but opera needn't be customised at all because it has everything an average user needs by default. Both have their pros and an extremely tiny number of cons, but its not worth selecting one and leaving the other for any reason. Go ahead and install both. But don't forget to customise firefox, without which its not as useful. And please redo the keyboard shortcuts in opera as the default ones might screw some people.

axxo

99.9% Idle
yup..if you keep the thread running ppl will come and post netscape and even Mosaic as the best browser. IMO even IE is good for me to initially download firefox and install after the os installation :D.

rahul_u_know_me

Love Tech More than food
opera has a lot of inbuild features for which ff needs addons...opera is fast.....light....and just cant end this list....its better.

I use IE7 and Opera. Opera is quiet fast and i just love the feature of displaying download speed in kbps during loading of a web page :) Have firefox 3 beta 5 installed, but its startup time on my system irritates me very much :-|

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
@Those who say FF is good cause of addons...

Well.. Plz checkout Opera's Widget Gallery... Some of the widgets are good alternatives of FF addons.. They are not as efficient as FF addons BUT they do work and provide a good experience.

I use IE7 and Opera. Opera is quiet fast and i just love the feature of displaying download speed in kbps during loading of a web page :) Have firefox 3 beta 5 installed, but its startup time on my system irritates me very much :-|
beta5 opens in about 5 seonds even when I boot it LIVE from an OS.
much much better than vanila firefox.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Am I the only Windows user here who uses Safari? I've used all the four browsers and found Safari to be the best. IE takes ages to load pages. Even FF isn't all that fast. Opera is very fast but some pages don't look the way they are supposed to. Compared to this Safari is fast, safe, has good features and loads all pages perfectly. Plus its font smoothning makes text look really really nice and the browser itself has a nice suave look to it. For me Safari is the best.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Here goes the browser battle again :)

yeah, thousandth time on this forum.

Am I the only Windows user here who uses Safari? I've used all the four browsers and found Safari to be the best. IE takes ages to load pages. Even FF isn't all that fast. Opera is very fast but some pages don't look the way they are supposed to. Compared to this Safari is fast, safe, has good features and loads all pages perfectly. Plus its font smoothning makes text look really really nice and the browser itself has a nice suave look to it. For me Safari is the best.

The question asks you to chose between Opera & FF, where did safari come in from?

ashnu_tnj

Broken In
i use both of them and i think opera is the best.but some webpages mostly suit with firefox and they donot run properly in opera.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I stick to opera but the beta version 9.5 caused some problem . It crashes after sometime . . I uninstalled it and then installed old one 9.27 but still same problem . . And wen using the beta it failed to initiate the mail or feed in opera too . . Anyone with the solution for it . . Dont tell me to switch browser . . I love opera . .

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, the Best Browser is which you like and keeps you satisfied......The Best Operating System is again the same which you like and that keeps you satisfied.

Try out both Opera & Firefox for few days and make your own choice. Anyways, such threads always get into Fanboy wars.......

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
I never used FF so can't say anything about it. As for Opera. I am using it from its 7th version. It is the best for my needs. IE is quite slow. Also, Opera 9.50 is quite the best till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom