Which is best OPERA OR MOZILLA FIREFOX.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Both are having their pros and cons. You could have been searched before asking here.

Just scroll down and read Similar Threads. :|

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yes, and no browser fanboyism, people. You use both, and you decide which is better. Some might just swear with opera "its fast! its furious!" , while some might say "FF addons rulz~!!!!111" so no need. Yu use both and decide.

vikassethi

Broken In
If you are looking far fastest browsing experience then Opera. I use Opera.
And as correctly mentioned, if you have addons in mind then FF.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Yeah try it urself n u can tell . . . For me opera is best . . I use with gprs so i require light weight . . Opera has option for showing images or not with just a click of a button . . So it suits me best . . . And wen i get xml parsing error it can rectify by reload . . So its the best for me . . .

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used both Firefox & Opera....but I like Firefox more......

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Opera hands down..It has all required features builtin...FF is good for Social Networking sites (which have problems in Opera)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
One browser cannot fulfill all the needs. Each browser has its unique features. It all depends on the "Out Of Box" Experience. Practically a non technoholic user will not bother to check if any adons are available for the perticular browser or not. Many are not even aware of browsers other than IE ( no wars pls ).

I have been using Opera for the past 5 yrs and it has given me the best results. But Opera is not the only browser which I use. I also use Firefox as well as IE Pro.

Opera -
Pros: Super fast. Tiny footprint. loads and loads of features like integrated Main/chat/RSS client, Mouse Guestures, Awesome zoom feature, Speed Dial ;) and not for forget a super download manager with bittorrent protocol support to name a few.

Cons: Most of the cons are site related, some sites dont render properly.. but its basically the site developers mistake and not Opera's. Closed Source, but it doesnot matter if you are not a developer.

Firefox:
Pros: Second widest used browser. Fast, No problem rendering sites. Quick bug fixes, Loads of addons. Open Source, this too doesnt matter if you are not a developer.

Con: Heavy on resources. Pathetic download manager ( but can be improved by using adons ). Auto Update doesnot work with Linux ( thats my experience ), Unsigned addons can be used with FF this may have a security risk if the add-on contains malicious code so use unsigned add-ons at your own risk.

IE: Not in the topic of discussion.. so no comments.

So at the end if you are looking for out of box experience then its Opera all the way No browser can match the features of opera.. but if you want tons of add ons and if you are ok with your browser taking up resources then FF.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
got lots of RAM and want hell load of flexibility and open support then look no further than Firefox

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
OPERA. the king of all browsers.

I would again say "Opera Rocks"..

Go for the opera...its lighter than FF and also faster.

All of you go here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8342

Internet Explorer 7 :D

it has got speed of opera and addon power of firefox.....

well, i like it.

You like ie?????!!!!!

You should use both of them and after a few days you will be able to make your own choice.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Not another meaningless post again, You have to use all three and compare them yourself dude!!! Opera is very stable and secure by iteself. For FF you can have addons like NoScript. For IE you can run your AV software and go to sleep, or get IEPro which I have no knowledge about. Does it make Internet Exploder more explosive? I mean, more secure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom