Which is best OPERA OR MOZILLA FIREFOX.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Firefox
:D , We get the speed of opera and the POwer of Firefox . What say guys ?

Opera + Firefox * Addons - Internet Exploerer = SuperFast Powerful Browser

*avencius.nl/content/firefox-3-vs-opera-950-memory-usage

Cough Cough

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The question asks you to chose between Opera & FF, where did safari come in from?

Instead of choosing between two good softwares and then recommending one, I decided to go ahead and recommend an excellent software that surpasses both of these. Why to restrict oneself to just good when you can have the best? Sorry for the late reply, BTW.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ But that's not the case. All browsers just pale in comparision to Opera. Firefox is it's closest competitor. Safari comes nowhere in the picture. :p

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i have opera 9.5 and FF3..now i completely switch over to FF3...
reasons;

. ff3 rendering is little quicker than opera9.5
. 'Other than English language' websites poorly displayed in opera.9.5.
this is the main reason i dont like to use opera9.5... if any solution is in opera9.5, pl tell me about it..
. ff3 has an excellent download manager addons. (i.e. "Dothemall"). After installing dothemall. i never used other dounload accelarator programmes.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^^ do you mean Downthemall ? yeah it is good ability to download all links at once . even embedded things . try installing gresemonkey and Stylish for the power of firefox you can get userscripts at userscript.org , it has even Ad Block Plus Extention Which automatically blocks Ads With just simple subscription to a list (EasylistUSA.txt) your all ads will be blocked without even knowing

Hey Guys have a look over here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90345

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I suppose krazzy is using a mac

No I use Windows XP. Even I was a full time Opera and Firefox user before switching over full time to Safari. Of course full credit goes to Milind a.k.a. goobimama for writing that blog post describing the advantages of Safari browser which made me download it and use it for a few days which finally made me switch over to it. Also unlike some of you I wasn't a fan of either Opera or Firefox before switching over to Safari. So I guess it was easier for me to accept the fact that Safari indeed was superior to either of them.

Safari has neither the incredible built-in features of the Opera nor the endless number of add-ons as in Firefox. Its just a simple straight forward browser that has great interface and minimal but essential features that are required for a proper web browsing experience. And that's what I love about it. You'll just need to spend a few days with it to realise the thought that Apple has put into making it, like the way text boxes can be resized the way you want on a page, the way tab bars slide around when you move them and the neat animation that happens when you pull out a tab to make it into a separate window. You don't find such incredible attention to detail in any other browser. This is what makes Apple software special. I don't use a Mac as of yet, but I sure do hope I would some day.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
^^^

Hey Guys have a look over here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90345

hi, i already read that site for windows XP myths...
I know all the details are authoritative information.

But, practically i felt ff3...sorry.. Ff3 is slightly faster than IE7..

Anyhow, timely reading about Firefox myths.... good.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
firefox provides more addons but personally i think opera is faster than firefox. but safari for windows is the fastest.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I will really have to report this thread.
Dude! Search before starting the thread. I made this mistake and my thread closed. Mods, really close this thread!

Tips for other users! No more browser threads!

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
No matter how many ads-on and plugins firefox has, but i still love opera.
Opera is the fastest browser in the world(scientifically proved).

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Safari is the fastest browser on earth now. I hate Opera cause 40 out of 100 websites Opera cannot open

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Anybody finding opera 9.26 to be better than opera 9.51. Opera 9.5+ versions have a few major bugs like not opnening tabs after choosing rt click open in background tab. The option to delete files from 'Transfers' is also missing. There is only an option to delete the reference to the download from the list of transfer but not the incompletely/completely downloaded file. For panels now I how to go to the left corner of the tab bar. In opera 9.26 I can click anywhere on the left edge to get the tools panel bar. The search alphabet changes are welcome though. For ex : i =google image search and w=wikipedia search. In 9.26 I had to manually do it but now it comes preconfigured.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Alt + D will take me to the address bar.. perv version one had to press h .. it was anoying .. cause both FF & IE have Alt+D to goto address bar.

the new tab button is on the other hand but thats not a problem .. we can always rearrange any button in opera ;)

One can press F4 to get the tool panel bar.

Issues I have faced only one issue till now . Opera freezes for some time when I open two tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom