Which HD DTH is the best ?

aerosg

Broken In
I recently purchased a HD LED TV and am planning to buy a DTH. I would like to know about the HD DTH providers, the cost of the Set Top box.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well there are very few “real HD channels.
Dish TV upscales the content and claims most number of HD Channels.

I‘d say you should get Tatasky HD.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
according to some here videocon dth provides best picture quality on SD/normal channels & it also has maximum no. of "real" HD channels.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
My friend is using Reliance BIG tv and I'm not satisfied by it. Neither the quality, nor the interface. Tatasky is the way to go.

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
Videocon d2H.
Tata Sky has an History of Hiking Prices till their wishes is Fulfilled. Albeit d2h has better Packs and Same Support as Tata Sky.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Videocon d2H.
Tata Sky has an History of Hiking Prices till their wishes is Fulfilled. Albeit d2h has better Packs and Same Support as Tata Sky.

I agree that tata sky is a bit expensive, but worth it. The interface, quality, service is absolutely top notch. Airtel is another contender OP can consider.

I'm using tata sky since long time, more than ~8 years, and never faced any problem or dissatisfaction.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I agree that tata sky is a bit expensive, but worth it. The interface, quality, service is absolutely top notch. Airtel is another contender OP can consider.

I'm using tata sky since long time, more than ~8 years, and never faced any problem our dissatisfaction.
Well i am using airtel for 5yrs and never been an issue it has the best results in rainy days i tested myself(my neighbours dths had signal problem) but airtel was unaffected by any weather..it has all true HD channels too ...

dummydave

Broken In
bro there are very few channels in hd for now.....

u can opt for tatasky or airtel or videocon

ps. .using tatasky for longtime n z d best. .

videocon z also very strong contender...

just check who z offerin more hd channels...n get it..

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
One thing I'll like to point out about Airtel HD is that they are erratic... I had subscribed to ESPN HD last year but they removed the channel from their list of channels about the last week of December without informing me... But, they kept charging me!!! :evil: Now, it's back again but as an unsubscribed channel for me... Come on... 6 months without ESPN HD was like hell for me...:cry:

way2jatin

Journeyman
In my Opinion Videocon d2h is the best due to the following reasons -

1. Its cheap than others
2. Its has good deals in respect to the channels they give
3. The HD channels are very good
4. The service is the best

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
I am also getting a new HD DTH connection(normal HD Box NOT HD Recorder), probably tomorrow.
But I still can't decide between Airtel, Videocon and Tata Sky.
My requirements are low monthly cost, good PQ and good service..
Since I want to keep monthly costs down, I plan to take the basic compulsory package and supplement it with the HD package.
That way I figured I can get the the best PQ (full set of HD Channels) but a relatively low cost (since I am not subscribing to any other SD packs)...

BTW these channels are very important to me :

1.) ESPN HD
2.) Ten HD
3.) Star Cricket HD
4.) National Geographic HD
5.) Discovery HD
6.) History TV18 HD
7.) Star World HD

@thetechfreak and dashing.sujay : I would really appreciate if you guys could clarify why you have suggested Tata Sky HD.

Thanks in advance for the help guys...

PS. Working well in the rain is also critical...

sumit05

In the zone
I am also getting a new HD DTH connection(normal HD Box NOT HD Recorder), probably tomorrow.
But I still can't decide between Airtel, Videocon and Tata Sky.
My requirements are low monthly cost, good PQ and good service..
Since I want to keep monthly costs down, I plan to take the basic compulsory package and supplement it with the HD package.
That way I figured I can get the the best PQ (full set of HD Channels) but a relatively low cost (since I am not subscribing to any other SD packs)...

BTW these channels are very important to me :

1.) ESPN HD
2.) Ten HD
3.) Star Cricket HD
4.) National Geographic HD
5.) Discovery HD
6.) History TV18 HD
7.) Star World HD

@thetechfreak and dashing.sujay : I would really appreciate if you guys could clarify why you have suggested Tata Sky HD.

Thanks in advance for the help guys...

PS. Working well in the rain is also critical...

Go for Videocon D2H.This is the best for u.

eduku

Go for Videocon D2H.This is the best for u.

Thanks.
I am aware that Videocon has the highest number of true HD channels and I hear that its got the latest technology as well. That's why I like it too, but many people have said that they have very poor service and bad coverage during the rains. That is why I am in doubt.
Everyone keeps suggesting TATA Sky and AIRTEL, and most of the people of my locality are them as well.

Gollum

Collector
the bigger your dish, the better it is.
Rain will always be there, microwave signal is gonna be the same.
Try to get a BIG dish like the one you see on top of cable tv buildings.
They are not very expensive and you will get way better signal with them.
Best if you get the one with holes in the reflector.

eduku

Ok so what do I get, Airtel, Videocon or Tata Sky??
I am going to have to get it within a few days, so please guys help...

KyleSforza

Banned
Videocon D2H, been using it ever since it came out as it offers much much more channels compared to others. The interface is awesome! and service is top notch, each and every problem gets fixed with just one call or within 2 hours!

Best service I ever experienced, you can simply call them for recharge and unlike others, they'll recharge first and collect money from your home later :p

If you still have doubts, just check the number of channels, D2H offers about 200 channels more than Tata Sky at much cheaper prices ;) Second is DishTV.

Top Bottom