Which HD DTH is the best ?

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
D2H offers about 200 channels more than Tata Sky at much cheaper prices ;) Second is DishTV.
Really Good I should say. 400Bucks/mo and you get 350+ channels.
Unlike Tata Sky Without offering New channels Raising prices every now and then ..

Well i am using airtel for 5yrs and never been an issue it has the best results in rainy days i tested myself(my neighbours dths had signal problem) but airtel was unaffected by any weather..it has all true HD channels too ...

Niilesh

Padawan
Though it doesn't matter the OP now but, I agree Videocon D2H is one of the best. It's just that it's UI sucks and (UI) is slow(no cache i guess)

saurabha26may

Broken In
I have used most of the D2H (even Doordarshan :-D ) except for Sun and finally settled on Videocon D2H. In terms of Response and cheap running cost go for Videocon D2H. Most expensive is Tata and Airtel. Most number of HD channels are with Videocon. Always try to buy long term plan even which cost much cheaper than monthly plan. Any top up you can add later. Most of the top ups however have to brought for 3 months atleast......

It is just a matter of adaption and you would feel the other D2H UI sucks. You would get highest number of channels in Videocon D2H and then Dish TV. Tata Sky/Big are known for adding the new channels at the last the first one to add is Videocon. The technology used is almost same by same all the D2H however when it rains heavily all D2H are useless. However order of remaining unaffected during rains is as follows as per my analysis:
Airtel (Least affected)
Tata
Videocon
Dish
Big
Doordarshan

way2jatin

Journeyman
In my opinion Videocon D2H HD is the best ... In terms of no. Of channels and also the cost. .. The quality and service is also too good

ithehappy

Human Spambot
how many HD channels are available currently?

I use YouScod18 and they give 13HD Channels
Overall in India? This might be correct, List of HD channels in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ADTV gives 19. Videocon gives max afaik.

Gollum

Collector
wow videocon d2h is so cheap. the most expensive hd pack is only 480/month
And I pay 525/month with airtel and its not even

but d2h has bad video and audio quality
check this forum here DTH Networks India Forums - Videocon D2H HD
Its the best forum when it comes to satellite tv.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

so in terms of Quality content which is best?
Tata Sky or Airtel

ashs1

Padawan
I would go with tata sky..They might charge a bit premium, but their quality is excellent.

Gollum

Collector
Tata Sky or Airtel

I would go with tata sky..They might charge a bit premium, but their quality is excellent.

airtel is better.
reason mpeg4+more transponders on the satellate

tata sky has less transponders and uses mpeg2 technology and so their channels look crap when compared to airtel

dish tv has the best video quality as it has the highest number of transponders available

Gollum

Collector
^^so in terms of HD Quality

Dish TV >> Airtel >> Tata Sky >> Videocon

I am talking about quality overall.

Some operators keep quality of HD channels higher than SD, and other may keep some channels of better quality than other based on viewership.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Tata Sky or Airtel
They are almost same in picture quality. Couldn't really find any difference. So for same picture quality I went for the cheaper one, ADTV.

Well would you watch those many meaningless channels in D2H? It's simply a business idea to me. Rather I find too many channels a clutter and disgusting.

andy_65_in

Padawan
folks i have the option to upgrade from sd to hd. i am using dish tv sd now,was keen to upgrade to their hd,evem brought a led full hd tv but am now confused with the performance of their hd/. i guess videocon hd is the best as i read in these trheads-but i have aproblem and that is i have Rs 2800.00 balance in my dish tv sd account as i had charged it for a year-wht shud i do,wait for the balance to get exhausted and then change to videocon hd hise services here at my location are good or what else.the local dish tv dealer is asking for Rs 1100.00 instead of the dish tv quote of Rs 990.00 for hardware conversion-this is the reputation of this dish tv company who is making crores.i may have to lump their sd channels till i exhaust the entire balance and then convert into videocon d2h etc-my main intersy is kid channels,adventure channels like natgeo etc and few sopa channels like colours but i wish to go for the full hd pack.when i told dish tv abt the crook dealer of theirs they insist they will sort him out but i dont know how.whats the future of videocon d2h-is it bright.also does videocon offer better aidio and video quality iver dish hd-what shud be my choice if i have 2 choososed between dish hd and vidocon hd

Last edited:
Top Bottom