which GPU is best??

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes evga is a superior brand but its availability is scarce in india. Asus is another premium board maker especially its direct cu II design cards for both nvidia and amd. They charge a premium too.

And yes amd cards consume less power than nvidia cards this generation. But nvidia cards have a relatively cooler operating temperatures ( read 5 series) than their competitor.

Pricewise also amd has an edge over nvidia as they price their cards very competitively.
Their aggressive pricing forced nvidia to make some mistakes especially in the case of gtx 590. A wonderful gpu ruined by nvidia.:-x

OP
K

kingsolomon

Right off the assembly line
sapphire 6950 2gb and 1gb are custom coolers. so dont worry of 6950 temp.

if you have any of these -
Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300
Pentium D (Presler) up to 960 (3.6 GHz)
Pentium 4 (Cedar Mill) up to 661 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Cedar Mill) up to 365 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Prescott) up to 355 (3.33GHz)

forget about any gpu upgrade. bottleneck, HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE bottlenecks are bound to happen. first concentrate on processor, mobo, ram upgrade.

now about amd power consumption, they are less power hungry than their nvidia counterparts!!!

sapphire is one of the best.

some cards of all companies go bad.

my PC running E4600 Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHz with 2 GB RAM as I don't have enough bucks to upgrade all these components, if I upgrade GPU and PSU so what problem will i face (in details pls)??

Cilus

laborare est orare
E4600 is ok to go for a GPU upgrade. Although there may be some bottleneck, but still u will get high performance boost. Just try to overclock your processor a little...E4600 is a good overclocker.
And for GPU, what is your budget and also let us know the budget for PSU.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Piyush, I think Gaurav has posted the prices including Vat. I've purchased the new Sapphire HD 6870 @ 11.9K + 4% Vat = 12.37K

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
my PC running E4600 Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHz with 2 GB RAM as I don't have enough bucks to upgrade all these components, if I upgrade GPU and PSU so what problem will i face (in details pls)??

E4600 is ok to go for a GPU upgrade. Although there may be some bottleneck, but still u will get high performance boost. Just try to overclock your processor a little...E4600 is a good overclocker.
And for GPU, what is your budget and also let us know the budget for PSU.

cilus see this -
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ted-general-queries-here-445.html#post1370726

now its crysis 2.

and in some more cpu bound games performance will be even less!

so i dont think its wise to spend on a 15k gpu unless your processor is good enough to support it.

OP
K

kingsolomon

so what should I do go lower GPU like gts 450 or GT 520?? as I do n't need to play games at ultra high resolution(2550x1600) and my Monitor support VGA 1440x900 resolution (DVI also). (As i can't upgrade CPU , monitor, mobo...)

MOBO
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, 945GCT-HM (Livermore8) - c01237572 - HP Business Support Center

Do anyone know if I can upgrade my Processor With this mobo?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This is list of proccy's available on your mobo-[mentioned on the site]

Processor upgrade
information Socket type: 775 Motherboard supports the following
processor upgrades: Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300 Pentium D (Presler) up to 960 (3.6
GHz) Pentium 4 (Cedar Mill) up to 661 (3.6
GHz) Celeron D (Cedar Mill) up to 365 (3.6
GHz) Celeron D (Prescott) up to 355
(3.33GHz)

you have e4300 right?
So you already have reached saturation point(that is using best proccy usable in the mobo)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
so what should I do go lower GPU like gts 450 or GT 520?? as I do n't need to play games at ultra high resolution(2550x1600) and my Monitor support VGA 1440x900 resolution (DVI also). (As i can't upgrade CPU , monitor, mobo...)

MOBO
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, 945GCT-HM (Livermore8) - c01237572 - HP Business Support Center

Do anyone know if I can upgrade my Processor With this mobo?

those 450 and 520 are nothing. to enjoy gaming and be futureproof you need something better.

you will feel lag sometimes but as you cant upgrade your processor now so as cilus said oc your processor. it will give good performance boost.

stick with 6870. futureproof and will be good if you upgrade your monitor to full hd and proccy and mobo too.

Piyush

Lanaya
btw...if anyone has 1440 resolution monitor and is sure about the fact that he 'll not upgrade it either......the i think HD 6850 is more than enough
HD 6870 will be an overkill for 1440 resolution monitor

OP
K

kingsolomon

This is list of proccy's available on your mobo-[mentioned on the site]

Processor upgrade
information Socket type: 775 Motherboard supports the following
processor upgrades: Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300 Pentium D (Presler) up to 960 (3.6
GHz) Pentium 4 (Cedar Mill) up to 661 (3.6
GHz) Celeron D (Cedar Mill) up to 365 (3.6
GHz) Celeron D (Prescott) up to 355
(3.33GHz)

you have e4300 right?
So you already have reached saturation point(that is using best proccy usable in the mobo)

No friend I already said that I am running E4600 2.40 GHz from Purchasing. As I new about Computer then the vendor cheat me to give A high Price branded PC with nothing in it . But Till Now I have no Problem (Now thanks to Vendor) with this config Otherwise Gaming .

If I go for HD 6850 I will prefer XFX other than Saphire .But I am not sure about its service center in India , Can anyone Help??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If I go for HD 6850 I will prefer XFX other than Saphire .But I am not sure about its service center in India , Can anyone Help??

XFX ----> service is done by Rashi / have some heating problem (true for all XFX cards) ---> recommended to go through the following links:

The Rashi RMA experience thread
Rashi Peripheral Cheating with XFX Graphic Card Warranty
Rashi peripherals suxx
Rashi PeriPherals Pvt.Ltd Delhi Not replacing the graphic card

i have done my part. rest everything depends on you.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent

I had issues with Sapphire but the vendor replaced it without any fuss. Even MSI I heard is good for HD 6850.

Top Bottom