which GPU is best??

kingsolomon

Right off the assembly line
zotac GTX 550 AMP
ZOTAC AMP! GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 (1000 MHz/4400 MHz) Graphics Card [ZT-50402-10L]

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocke
EVGA | Products

There are no need to say both are same but i exactly want to know which gives better performance than other as both have some difference in over clock situation , and which have service center in INDIA and give better service for Indian customers?

Another question is that though both price $159 in Amazon why the shipping charge is more in evga on ebay?

eBay India: Zotac Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU AMP Edition (item 270731165535 end time 05-May-2011 18:10:37 IST)

eBay India: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI (item 270731165986 end time 05-May-2011 18:10:56 IST)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well to be true, you should save up some money and get a 560ti.
You will be more satisfhed with that card.

But out of these, go for a Zotac card.

Cilus

laborare est orare
At the price of above 9K, GTS 550 is a waste of money. by paying just few hundred bucks extra you can easily get a HD 6850 for Sapphire or MSI OC version which are far more superior performer than GTS 550. Check the reviews

MegaMind

Human Spambot
^^I was abt to say that....

GTX550ti is slightly better than HD5770 - 7K

Another question is that though both price $159 in Amazon why the shipping charge is more in evga on ebay?

AFAIK, ebay is always overpriced..

MSI N550GTX-Ti Cyclone II 1GD5/OC

Piyush

Lanaya
exactly, if kingsoloman can increase hi budget by Rs 600-800, he can get a lot better card i.e. HD 6850

and if he can increase his budget by 2.5k or so, then he can buy HD 6870 which is a beast in performance

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Before buying HD 6850, try and avoid sapphire brand. I had initially spoken to SMC international and I was informed that Sapphire cards have issues and that I should go for MSI. I ignored this and bough Sapphire HD 6850 from Primeabgb and I am facing issues with that. So IMO avoid sapphire

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I personally recommend MSI's 560 Ti (TwinFrozr II edition) . It's factory overclocked and performs well, please try to extend your budget. It's also a lot cooler than the HD 6950s (despite consuming slightly more power at load).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Tachyon1986 said:
I personally recommend MSI's 560 Ti (TwinFrozr II edition)
Even I reccomend this. It's got a nice custom cooling design.
OP, you may even OC it further to churn out even more from the card. But if it crosses your budget wayy too much I reccomend what Piyush has reccomended
Piyush said:
exactly, if kingsoloman can increase hi budget by Rs 600-800, he can get a lot better card i.e. HD 6850

and if he can increase his budget by 2.5k or so, then he can buy HD 6870 which is a beast in performance

OP
K

kingsolomon

Right off the assembly line
sorry friends i have some sort of bucks and another thing is that I am going to buy an SMPS corsair Vx 550 and my mobo is some ancient type
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, 945GCT-HM (Livermore8) - c01237572 - HP Business Support Center

so tell which is suitable? I read some review about GTx 560 Ti and Gtx 460 in Nvidia forum that they are not so better working with old mobo AND about ATI graphics Card they required more Power Supply Minimum 500 W , So if I go for better PSU than GPU budget become less, So please suggest me , thanking all of you for ur response

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
OK, buy a Corsair VX550
560 ti is a killer GPU. YOu will love it. Its your main priority.

As long as you dont have plan to use multi GPU set up this PSU is enough.

monkey

Padawan
zotac GTX 550 AMP
ZOTAC AMP! GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 (1000 MHz/4400 MHz) Graphics Card [ZT-50402-10L]

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocke
EVGA | Products

There are no need to say both are same but i exactly want to know which gives better performance than other as both have some difference in over clock situation , and which have service center in INDIA and give better service for Indian customers?

eBay India: Zotac Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU AMP Edition (item 270731165535 end time 05-May-2011 18:10:37 IST)

eBay India: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI (item 270731165986 end time 05-May-2011 18:10:56 IST)

EVGA card listed here is gonna be a direct import by the ebay member. So it is better to avoid it as there is no guarantee of the service in India. Besides it is grossly overpriced when you can get regular 550Ti for around 3k less in India.

Before buying HD 6850, try and avoid sapphire brand. I had initially spoken to SMC international and I was informed that Sapphire cards have issues and that I should go for MSI. I ignored this and bough Sapphire HD 6850 from Primeabgb and I am facing issues with that. So IMO avoid sapphire

What issues are you facing with Sapphire? AFAIK SMC is the distributor for MSI and hence they are bound to push sales of MSI over Sapphire. Many of my friend are using Sapphire HD6850 without any problem. Why don't you get it RMAed?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I personally recommend MSI's 560 Ti (TwinFrozr II edition) . It's factory overclocked and performs well, please try to extend your budget. It's also a lot cooler than the HD 6950s (despite consuming slightly more power at load).

sapphire 6950 2gb and 1gb are custom coolers. so dont worry of 6950 temp.

sorry friends i have some sort of bucks and another thing is that I am going to buy an SMPS corsair Vx 550 and my mobo is some ancient type
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, 945GCT-HM (Livermore8) - c01237572 - HP Business Support Center

so tell which is suitable? I read some review about GTx 560 Ti and Gtx 460 in Nvidia forum that they are not so better working with old mobo AND about ATI graphics Card they required more Power Supply Minimum 500 W , So if I go for better PSU than GPU budget become less, So please suggest me , thanking all of you for ur response

if you have any of these -
Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300
Pentium D (Presler) up to 960 (3.6 GHz)
Pentium 4 (Cedar Mill) up to 661 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Cedar Mill) up to 365 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Prescott) up to 355 (3.33GHz)

forget about any gpu upgrade. bottleneck, HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE bottlenecks are bound to happen. first concentrate on processor, mobo, ram upgrade.

now about amd power consumption, they are less power hungry than their nvidia counterparts!!!

sapphire is one of the best.

some cards of all companies go bad.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
What issues are you facing with Sapphire? AFAIK SMC is the distributor for MSI and hence they are bound to push sales of MSI over Sapphire. Many of my friend are using Sapphire HD6850 without any problem. Why don't you get it RMAed?

Started a thread for my problem here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/139137-samsung-p2370-hd-6850-display-issue.html

Taking it to the store tomorrow for checking / replacement / upgrading...

Top Bottom