Where do we get water from, should we urinate in dams: Ajit Pawar

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
if i recall,there are desalination plants in the south..think it is chennai...there was a prototype built in mumbai for a desalination plant...dont know what happened...will find out...

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
@dead5: You know, desalinization is not a good idea for India just yet. We need to fix our economy before we implement such loss-making schemes. When seawater is desalinized, you don't make money, because the cost of desalinizing large volumes of water and then disposing off the residue costs more than what regular packaged water is sold here for. Maybe after ~5-6 years we can consider desalinization as an option for clean water.

err.. it was actually Desmond David's idea.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
those of you who think situation can improve with MNS in power just need to remember that this is the party which believe that all of mumbai problems are caused by people from UP & Bihar.open your eyes people as there is no political party as of now in India(including that of arvind kejriwal) which can think objectively & put nation's interest at first even if it means making sacrifices & angering some/large sections of people.

Hrishi

Isn't it that they are busy making money ???? I was watching news on TV while the news flashed that some so and so mi**ster in MP/MH hogged up all the money that was financed for irrigation/cattle feeding ...blah blah.

They don't even care that the poor farmers commit suicide due to such drastic conditions , and these ***%$*%$ are busy making cash out of their lives. And saying that "toh hum kya kare.!! , its not our problem.!" .

ANyways , its not their complete fault. Some credit goes to the people who elect these mini**ers.

Well , atleast I am not going to vote blindly , even though I know we don't have much choice.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I haven't voted even once since I got my election id.

But what difference would it make, they will still come to power using bogus votes.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
You not voting adds to the number of bogus votes. If you feel none of the candidates are worthy, at least vote for a candidate who you think has no chance of winning. Don't make yourself guilty of aiding bogus votes by not voting.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
MNS no longer cares where you are from as long as you have maharashtra's interests at heart
Their campaigns are very modern and sensible, think their politics is also going that way

And guys really, water and power are global prolems that humans are unable to solve, blaming mantris is no good, blame the consumption based capitalist lifestyle for this, and scientists for not keeping up

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that right there is the problem.apparently Maharashtra's interests somehow differ & take preference over India's interests.
Secret bank tests to dodge MNS - Times Of India

again you need to brush up on current affairs.agree water & power problems have some out of human hand factors involved but current situation in India is mostly because of human factors:inefficient water management,no planning to capture rain water in monsoon,inefficient coal sector monopolised by one company resulting in power plants running at lower capacities(read about latest coal india & ntpc tussle) etc.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
This is not a mantri prolem, there is a big prolem with how people use water in a wasteful manner
Individual housing societies can easily run all external lighting fixures with solar power, set up a waste water management sytem, as well as rain water collection. If you live in a home (not hsg scty), its easier, prolly get a compost pit as well as a solar water heater.
In a village I might use one and a half bucket for bathing and one and a half buckets for washing clothes. In the city, I can luxuriously contemplate farmers committing suicide while lathering up the shampoo with the shower on just for the steam. And that also does not stop me from following the instructions on the shampoo bottle and go for a rinse repeat. Donno how many cubic meters of water we can save if showers are banned. Oh and the washing machine def uses more than one and a half buckets through all its cycles. See the prolem here?

Who is really bearing the consequences of load shedding, its the carenter who has to use manual tools for 8 hours a day, not the mall owner who purhases diesel to power a multiplex

Blame the establishment least for such prolems

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
developed nations & many developing nations have much more per capita water/power consumption than India without the advantages of so many rivers & above all monsoon.if you really want to know the poor state of water management in our country just read this:
Cherrapunji: Wet, wetter, driest | Society | Times Crest
trust only Indian politicians/bureaucracy to pull off such a ridiculous feat:shortage of drinking water in one of the wettest places of world!
same goes for power.i don't know about you but in my city there are lakhs of people who would be glad to have enough electricity to run a ceiling fan 24 hours in summer season(carpenters included).

Blame the establishment leastmost for such problems & if you don't then you deserve what you get.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Wettest desert ok good read
Not saying there is no mismanagement, this is proof that mah built loads of dams and got nothing for it
Still blv that a major part of the solution is more conservative usage

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Headlines Today ran a program today on how Ajit Pawar & the NCP steal water from farmers to feed sugar factories... Watch that.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
What i don't understand is i am unable to come across one single person who would say Ajit Pawar or Sharad Pawar have clean image. Infact they are quite known for horrending sulprus money some even coming from the closed doors of faithful party cadre.

Still the amount of vote margins they win by every year just makes me wonder are people somewhere really asking for it.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
developed nations & many developing nations have much more per capita water/power consumption than India without the advantages of so many rivers & above all monsoon.if you really want to know the poor state of water management in our country just read this:
Cherrapunji: Wet, wetter, driest | Society | Times Crest
trust only Indian politicians/bureaucracy to pull off such a ridiculous feat:shortage of drinking water in one of the wettest places of world!
same goes for power.i don't know about you but in my city there are lakhs of people who would be glad to have enough electricity to run a ceiling fan 24 hours in summer season(carpenters included).

Blame the establishment leastmost for such problems & if you don't then you deserve what you get.

As i much i agree with you...the circumstances of cherrapunji water shortage is slightly different...

Perhaps they got out just in time. In 1876 Cherrapunjee suffered the highest day's rainfall ever recorded - 104 cm (41 inches) in just 24 hours.

The rain did more than just send the British packing. It also washed away the topsoil around Cherrapunjee, a process compounded by deforestation, and exposed the porous limestone rocks beneath.

Rain seeps through the rocks or flows almost immediately off the escarpment in a series of waterfalls, ending up where it is least welcome, in Bangladesh, where floods have cost more than 700 lives and left 10 million people homeless this year alone.

World Environment News - Water everwhere but none to drink - Planet Ark

bubusam13

Human
What i don't understand is i am unable to come across one single person who would say Ajit Pawar or Sharad Pawar have clean image. Infact they are quite known for horrending sulprus money some even coming from the closed doors of faithful party cadre.

Still the amount of vote margins they win by every year just makes me wonder are people somewhere really asking for it.

Man even I also wander how the ruling party in my state won because everybody I met have not voted for them.

Top Bottom