when i use a particular soft mu mouse right click gets disabled

When I use a particular software , my mouse right click gets disabled ...i cannot cut, copy , paste ...when the software is running.
I think the software is disabling my right click ... any ideas how i can fix it..:cry:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
When I use a particular software , my mouse right click gets disabled ...i cannot cut, copy , paste ...when the software is running.
I think the software is disabling my right click ... any ideas how i can fix it..:cry:

information is not proper...we need more info on this to come to a solution :-?

OP
S

Sreekumar14378

Broken In
its a form filling software .... they have disabled the use of the option in right click ..like cut , copy and paste...

the software is of a company

its not the mouse problem i tried checking it..

and when i close the software everything comes to normal...i.e my right click works properly

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yea.. its the issue with the software, many companies keep such kind of weird restrictions.. poorly designed software.. IMO nothing can be done..

Zangetsu

its a form filling software .... they have disabled the use of the option in right click ..like cut , copy and paste...

the software is of a company named pvl and heliopolis..

its not the mouse problem i tried checking it..

and when i close the software everything comes to normal...i.e my right click works properly

then its not an Issue..its the company policy of restriction.

OP
S

Sreekumar14378

Broken In
hmmm kk.. thanks for ur replies guys..:D

does changing registry setting can solve the prob...?

i tried searching in Google...it mentioned about changing something in the registry .. i was not sure , so didnt try it out !!!

Zangetsu

does changing registry setting can solve the prob...?

i tried searching in Google...it mentioned about changing something in the registry .. i was not sure , so didnt try it out !!!
Don't do that if u don't know what u r doing...modifying registry can cause issues in system...
u have to be professional while editing the registry

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BTW .. I suspect the application is using Windows/mouse hooks to modify the behavior of the mouse. its a old school technique to gain control of windows/hardware. I am amazed people still use this technique :D (or the software is old :razz:)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Right click can also be easily disabled by javascript in a web application (if that's the case).

document.onmousedown=disableRightClick;
Function disableRightClick(e)
{
if(e.button==2)
{
return false;
}
}

Disabling the javascript in browser may solve your problem, but other JS functionality will also stop working.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Right click can also be easily disabled by javascript.

Disabling the javascript in browser may solve your problem, but other JS functionality will also stop working.

its a windows based application :p

OP
S

Sreekumar14378

Broken In
thanks all for your suggestions....

ya m not changing ny registry ....

@saswat23 its a windows based applictn

@RCuber u may be right..

thanks again all of you...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
have any of you ever heard of this ;-) ( shareware app ) :

Kiosk software | Disable right mouse click

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
have any of you ever heard of this ;-) ( shareware app ) :

Kiosk software | Disable right mouse click

Lol, I've churned out likes of these aplenty (click blocker, double-click fixer, key remapper, etc.) and I just don't get when people code such things in .NET :|

Top Bottom