What you wanted to become and What you became? (In life)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

What you wanted to become and What you became? (In life)

I wanted to become an archaeologist and I ended up becoming an Advocate.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hey.
This is more like FML thread.
I wanted to become a kickass midfielder and then eventually a assist master, in football. Now, I am just struggling to a get a job in IT field.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hmm, well I wanted to be a lazy arse doing absolutely nothing but gaming and now having to look after a friggin business. Dream never comes true

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

anky

Youngling
I wanted to become Computer engineer and I have become that. But now i want to save enough money so that I can open my own restaurant in future.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Atleast someone got what they wanted to. :D

I wanted to become Astronaut. But then I realize I loved to be a silent 'observer' and so thought maybe I would become a scientist. But then my grades slapped a mirror on my face. I was no good in 'science'.

Later I realized I thought like an artist. I liked to write things. Maybe I could have become a writer. Or a painter perhaps. After all I loved drawing when I was a child and also did good.

But then reality hit me and wanted to settle with Software Engineer. Later I became one. But I am not doing anything I would "like" doing in my field and hope I do get back on track soon.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
i did not know what to become, and i still don't know what i have become.

i hope you are now in human form.

I wanted to become an Automobile Engineer, then I wanted to become a Computer Engineer.
I became Physical Therapist.
Now I want to become Anthropologist, I'm trying to and researching a bit.
God knows what I want to become, Later on.

Hrishi

I wanted to become a grown up man minding his own life, now that I have become one - I just want to go back to being a kid :p

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I wanted to become an Automobile Engineer, then I wanted to become a Computer Engineer.

Great twist.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

My back hurts, can you take a look at it? :D

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
When I was around 5-6 years old. I wanted to be a Railway engine driver.

When I was around 12-13 years old, i wanted to be a scientist/researcher/inventor.

When I was around 14-16 years old, I wanted to be a computer engineer.

Therefore, I have followed that last career path and now I am a software developer.

icebags

Technomancer

you may try to become a psychologist, just in case it comes handy someday..... :)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
My back hurts, can you take a look at it? :D

looking is free :D

- - - Updated - - -

When I was around 5-6 years old. I wanted to be a Railway engine driver.

When I was around 12-13 years old, i wanted to be a scientist/researcher/inventor.

When I was around 14-16 years old, I wanted to be a computer engineer.

Therefore, I have followed that last career path and now I am a software developer.

Rarely we see people becoming what they want to become when they were asked as children otherwise we might see a lot of Pilots XD
I see it has also to do with the educational system.In Indian educational system we are asked to choose in between medicine/engineering/commerce etc after std X.There is not much jumping back to other(not sure if all follow this same, atleast I did).In US educational system, when you get to undergraduate(4 year degree), the first 2 years are common for all the medicine/engineering guys and after 2nd year they choose the field that they seemed to be interested in.The other thing I noticed is that when compared to India, US people tend to change jobs according to their level of satisfaction/money, these changes are as extreme as from engineering to medicine or vice versa.A person I know had a degree in anthropology, but he worked with apple in the 80's(i guess), then got C.S degree then worked in the photography industry and so on.I see a lot of aged(40+) joining PT assistant 2 year associate degrees, since most of them where discontant with the salary that they used to get with their previous jobs.On comparison there isn't much of a taboo associated with changing jobs.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
If you don't mind me asking, is it your full time job or you are working another full time daily job and you have joined digit as hobby and try to be part of the work as much as possible?

Full time.

It was 97, I got my hands on my friend's elder brother's Mindware and Playware CDs
I was really attracted to that and that's when I decided I wanted to be a part of it
After 12th science, I convinced my parents to let me take up Journalism
I sent an email to Digit editor in 2008. After six months, got a reply, and was hired as soon as I graduated.
Worked there for 2 1/2 years, and one of the highlights of my job was that I got to make the DVDs!
Then I left to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Did courses in game design, and multimedia technologies.

Bumping old threads huh? :p

Also, weren't you working for Tech2? You quit?

Then I joined Tech2, and after about a year and a half, came back to Digit. Realised I had already figured out exactly what I wanted to do in life.

In age of web, I'm very glad to still be a part of print.

Top Bottom