What should I do ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_devil

Back!
Hey guys i have completed my BE and have got placed in wipro in campus placements.. but the company hasn't given the joining date yet and its likely that the joining date may be delayed to as late as january 2009:mad:

i am now sitting idle at home... so please suggest me what i should do...

wait for wipro to send joining date or

search for some other companies { getting through one is damn tough outside campus :( } or

search for a small part time job { more difficult that previous :D} or

take up some courses ?

napster007

Padawan
well from what i have heard .....never wait! Find a new company and if it's as good as wopro then go for it....or else just search for a company employing on a short term basis.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
This is a GOOD time to try and join elsewhere. As you have your Wipro job in hand you have nothing to lose :) It's like insurance. Try your hand at some pc or software related business, preferably something related to your field of study/interest. If you are successful come January you'd probably become an employer yourself :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ZOMG am on the same boat...damn Wipro !

Guess I will join another company till then.

OP
red_devil

red_devil

Back!
DOJ is not confirmed as January.. but it certainly cant be ruled out...

ZOMG am on the same boat...damn Wipro !

Guess I will join another company till then.

u got through into wipro too ??

any info u got abt the DOJ ?? pls PM me :)

Pathik

Google Bot
The DOJs of many companies have been postponed. Start preparing for CAT or something. If you get a good score then study further else job.

Pat

Beyond Smart
The DOJs of many companies have been postponed. Start preparing for CAT or something. If you get a good score then study further else job.

I dont think thats the right attitude to go with. If you are really interested in studying further, give it your everything and GET a good score. If not, start looking for other jobs. Infact you are in a not such a bad situation. You already have a job to fall back on if you cannot find other in the remaining time. All the best :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
hi,
why don't u go for some certifications,like SCJP, OCA,OCP..........
that way u'll be utilizing ur time in a true way and these will help u getting a good rating in time of ur appraisal.:D

on 2nd thought waste as much time as u can now as u join u'll get only weekends to wash ur clothes:D that also if ur boss don't call u..........

OP
red_devil

red_devil

Back!
hi,
why don't u go for some certifications,like SCJP, OCA,OCP..........
that way u'll be utilizing ur time in a true way and these will help u getting a good rating in time of ur appraisal.:D
wat do they deal with ??

rhitwick said:
on 2nd thought waste as much time as u can now as u join u'll get only weekends to wash ur clothes:D that also if ur boss don't call u..........

hahah...but how do i waste time now ?? watching movies and playing some game on comp day in and day out isn't as good as it appears !! i'm bugged n bored !!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
wat do they deal with ??
Okzzzz.......
SCJP: Sun Certified Java Programmer(NIIT provides course and arranges exams too)
OCA: Oracle Certified Associate and
OCP: Oracle Certified Professional

hahah...but how do i waste time now ?? watching movies and playing some game on comp day in and day out isn't as good as it appears !! i'm bugged n bored !!

ya dats sure..........u'll get bored.........why not join a course, enhance ur soft skills, strenthen ur profile........and continue with ur current activity(gaming and movies........):D

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I'm going to start my Final year of B.Tech and haven't been placed yet nor will be (+2 percentage is low), one thing I don't understand is that why do they keep on saying that Off-Campus placement is tough? :confused:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
The question here is not to what college I belong but What N6300 must do with his spare time and mine is 'Why people often say that getting Off Campus placed is tough' :confused:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Well, friends from my college also got placed in wipro, and they have no idea when the call will come. Sitting idle at home. Since 3 months. Same is the case with me; I have got in tcs and our dates of joining maybe at the end of this year. No idea. Damn it!, they have already given the letters to deemed universities who pay them high money:(.

and Plasma_snake, its ok to ask off-topic questions here to some extent as this a chit chat thread.

Offcampus placements are tough because of various reasons. No. of candidates are high, intake capacity may be lower, the screening process maybe tougher, and there is campus politics like college preferences and all...

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Thanks Lucky for illustrating on the situation but what if one really knows his subject, has extra certifications and got almost dual-degrees, even then is Off Campus recruitment tough? ;-)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah certifications helps, but its still a bit of struggle.
If you are lucky then may be you will be gifted with job instantly :p

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
zomg lucky dawgs! this is the best time in your life to do whatever you want to do!

go out for a extended trips,do something you always wanted to do(propose your gf(zomg nerd,do I have to tell this?)playing guitar,dancing,whatever),or maybe that ponytail\six pack you always wanted to have,:p.

and believe me,once you join whatever company 'employed' you,you will be like zombies and even question your purpose of existence:)P),not discouraging anyone but IT jobs suck unless you are really talented.

T159\n6300:mind telling me your packages?Pm me,:p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom