what is the problem???

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
hi i inserted a DVD in the drive and then suddenly the computer freeze and it showed this message ...i don't why is this saying as hardware failure moreover after the restart it didn't showed DVD drive ...i opened the case and inserted the power cable again...please help me i am having a Sony DVD ROM..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

*i41.tinypic.com/2namj3m.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
disable autorun on all drives/dvd drive.

in windows 7 control panel-->autorun.

in xp(do this before inserting any cd/dvd):
Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.
Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.
Select the AutoPlay tab.
Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.
Select OK.

after disabling autorun try again with same dvd & a different cd/dvd to confirm if the problem is with dvd or not.if problem is not with the dvd then recheck all drive connections & try with different sata & power cable.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@Sonil.luthra, is the ODD displayed under BIOS ??

Do the lights on the ODD lit up??

Tarun

In the zone
check for driver updates and software updates the most common thing for Bluescreen
check ur HDD for smart errors and perform a CHKDSK f4 BSOD is usually bcoz of Bad sectors in HDD or SMART Failure

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
check for driver updates and software updates the most common thing for Bluescreen
check ur HDD for smart errors and perform a CHKDSK f4 BSOD is usually bcoz of Bad sectors in HDD or SMART Failure

yes my hdd is faulty ill be sending it for rma on monday ...

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
it happened again ...i installed another hdd from my friend the same thing happened again ...what might be faulty ....does anyone know abt this error

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you can reassemble all your parts, do that (remember your faulty SATA cable/port problem?). Then do a chkdsk. I guess everything should be fine by then.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
If you can reassemble all your parts, do that (remember your faulty SATA cable/port problem?). Then do a chkdsk. I guess everything should be fine by then.

will do it for sure but i cannot reassemble cpu and mobo ...but for the rest i can ...

What's your system config??
its
core i3 540
gigabyte h55md2h
2gb corsair
500gb seagate (currently in RMA)
psu ...might be an el cheapo ..but i think it is a good quality el cheapo..i got it dor 850rs from costtocost delhi...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Nothing can be done except to take it to local technician which is too risky and should be only done when the damaged one is last.

Top Bottom