What do you say...Worth the risk ?

soumyadipta9

Broken In
Check this ebay listing guys....
Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman
About Rs 2300 less than flipkart etc (with dealer's warranty though, obviously)
I'd like to know ur opinion..
That (10600) is about the maximum I'll be able to stretch my budget (10000 originally). So, if I don't consider this, HTC Explorer remains my best option (with proper warranty). Omitted Xperia Mini ST15i because of the overheating issue.

Have anybody here bought anything from ebay with dealer's warranty ?

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Dealer warranty = NO warranty. Its very risky, but since this seller is a power seller with very good feedback, you can go ahead. But if the phone turns out to be faulty, raising an issue with ebay may be difficult.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Check this ebay listing guys....
Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman
About Rs 2300 less than flipkart etc (with dealer's warranty though, obviously)
I'd like to know ur opinion..
That (10600) is about the maximum I'll be able to stretch my budget (10000 originally). So, if I don't consider this, HTC Explorer remains my best option (with proper warranty). Omitted Xperia Mini ST15i because of the overheating issue.

Have anybody here bought anything from ebay with dealer's warranty ?

Overheating issue is SOLVED. Also no problems on the newer batch.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I would never go for ebay. Peace of mind is of utmost importance when you are dealing with amounts of this range!

OP
S

soumyadipta9

Broken In
Dealer warranty = NO warranty. Its very risky, but since this seller is a power seller with very good feedback, you can go ahead. But if the phone turns out to be faulty, raising an issue with ebay may be difficult.

You couldn't be more right :p. Infact, the 'warranty' t&c itself states 'only software problems no hardware'. So, useless..
I guess I'm hoping there won't be any problems within a year, its all the same after that isn't it ??
My bigger concern is whether the product shipped will be new & include everything its supposed to..

Tell me one thing guys, in case there is any problem I can take it to an authorized service centre & get it repaired by paying can I not ? (although I guess the bill'll probably run down to all the price difference I'm getting now)

Raccoon

Journeyman

My bigger concern is whether the product shipped will be new & include everything its supposed to..

Dude, if you ask me that is a smaller concern. If it does not include everything original and all, you can always open a complaint and demand a refund. You will have to ship back the handset. But its quite unlikely that a good power seller will give you a hard time.

Main issue is about luck. In case the handset turns out to be faulty after some days/weeks then you won't get warranty. I'v learnt that most of the times a good non-authorized repair shop can be much better and cheaper than authorized ones. But you need to know a good one and the issue should be "repairable", to begin with. So buy if you think your luck is good, and if the price difference makes taking the risk and effort worth it.

OP
S

soumyadipta9

Broken In
Main issue is about luck. In case the handset turns out to be faulty after some days/weeks then you won't get warranty. I'v learnt that most of the times a good non-authorized repair shop can be much better and cheaper than authorized ones. But you need to know a good one and the issue should be "repairable", to begin with. So buy if you think your luck is good, and if the price difference makes taking the risk and effort worth it.

Well said.
Actually, the price difference isn't THAT great (abt 6 %). If only I had the xtra cash !!!

The Xperia Mini might be a bit more manageable @ 11.5k and it has about the same specs too but the 'even' smaller 3 inch screen is putting me off (considering the 'overheating' problem is indeed fixed as stated by @papul1993).
Can u guys tell me how much is the difference between a 3 inch & 3.2 inch screen, in terms of actual use ? (considering heavy browsing and some videos)

masterkd

Padawan
However good the deal might be..why take the risk..get one with proper warranty..you are spending a good amount of money!!

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note

Raccoon

Journeyman
Can u guys tell me how much is the difference between a 3 inch & 3.2 inch screen, in terms of actual use ? (considering heavy browsing and some videos)

It does make a difference. 3.2 is like at the borderline of usability, IMO. Anything below that is just not even usable esp. for texting and browsing.

OP
S

soumyadipta9

Broken In
In local market it costs around 12.5k, so why not get phone with a warranty when difference is not much

Yes, for the moment I've given up the thought of buying without warranty :) .
If I can somehow manage the xtra cash I'll buy the LWW or else, Explorer.
Btw, are u sure about the 12.5k ? None of the online stores seem to be selling @ less than 13k..
Also I've seen some posts complaining abt the battery life in LWW. Is it really that bad ?

OP
S

soumyadipta9

Broken In
I think this is a very good deal.. using a 5% discount coupon.. it can be purchased only at 10.1k...

Have u bought anything with dealers warranty so far ?

Another thing, what about the overheating issue in LWW ? Been reading a lot abt it. Has it been fixed ?

(Can't SE make a bug-free phone !!?? :-x)

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes, for the moment I've given up the thought of buying without warranty :) .
If I can somehow manage the xtra cash I'll buy the LWW or else, Explorer.
Btw, are u sure about the 12.5k ? None of the online stores seem to be selling @ less than 13k..
Also I've seen some posts complaining abt the battery life in LWW. Is it really that bad ?

Online the price is between 12.5-13k, generally flipkart prices are higher than the market prices

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Have u bought anything with dealers warranty so far ?

Another thing, what about the overheating issue in LWW ? Been reading a lot abt it. Has it been fixed ?

(Can't SE make a bug-free phone !!?? :-x)

dealer warranty means Warranty by Sony itself.. So whts the issue in this..
and if you wanna confirm you can call at +91-9884119072

OP
S

soumyadipta9

Broken In
dealer warranty means Warranty by Sony itself.. So whts the issue in this..
and if you wanna confirm you can call at +91-9884119072

No no !! Dealer's Warranty means the service will provided by the seller, not Sony (that will be Manufacturer's warranty). Basically, in case of any problem I'll have to send it back to the seller & wait for him/her to return it. Also, it has been mentioned hardware problems are not covered in the warranty, only software problems.

Top Bottom