Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
a 80/120mmmm can have :

1. Only one small 3 pin connector.
2. Only one 4 pin molex connector.
3. One 3 pin + 2 pin molex combo connector.
4. One small 3 pin connector and small 3 pin to molex converter cable.

koolent's method is applicable for Type 1 and if your mobo don't has any emty sys_fan connector ( or any other 3 pin fan connector header ) or else you don't need to worry too much about fan connectors.

koolent

Youngling
U didn't get my post.. What I have exactly done is I have made a 3-Pin to 4-Pin coverter, free of cost.

And generally branded fans have tose connectors and cables. But if you what a 4-Pin molex fan, opt for the Rs.70 one, it has a male and a female molex connector installed..

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
My frnd is in kolkata..he may buy it for me. .how is flipkart's service? after how many days will it be delivered? warranty card is given?
if yes,i will do so. .
those led fans will have which type of connector??

koolent

Youngling
Flipkart has the best service. :).. Go for it.

For around Rs. 200, you will get a good branded fan with 3-Pin connector and a 3-Pin to 4-Pin converter..

You will have no problem installing the fan..

Just connect the 3-Pin connector to your motherboard connector or use the 3-Pin to 4-Pin converter (bundled) to connect it to the matching MOLEX cable from your PSU :)

Hope this helps .. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My frnd is in kolkata..he may buy it for me. .how is flipkart's service? after how many days will it be delivered? warranty card is given?
if yes,i will do so. .
those led fans will have which type of connector??

service is great - you'll get proper bill and the delivery time is usually 2 days max.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
:)):))

Need urgent help guys--i planned to get d fan through my frnd who lives in kolkata. .he went to the market today. .but he cant find any 80mm led fan. .he found only zebronics 60mm blue led fan @rs.225. . .
how is it?? wil it work with my system in that sys fan port??
my frnd doesnt know anythng more about d fan. . .

another query--my frnd's bro lives in my neighbourhood. .he is in my frnds house now. . .i wil get the fan through him. .he wil return to my city on monday. .
my frnd can order the coler mastr led 80mm @rs.193 frm flipkart. ..but he wil nt get it by monday as sunday flipkart is closed . .

so finally what should i do guys??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think a 60mm fan won't fit on the cabby's 80mm mounting holes and a 60mm fan is too tiny to circulate air properly inside of the cabby - so you better order a 80mm fan from flipkart.

If your friend's bro can't bring the fan with him tell your friend to receive the fan and tell him to send it to you using a courier service.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
Are you sure that my caby has 80mm fan holes??

If it has,i wil go for flipkart. ..that cm 80mm led is good?? Wil fit in the sys fan port? which colour to buy-red or white?

Blue and red is out of stock. .only white is available. .

koolent

Youngling
See, you can go for the white one. It will look p pretty nice. And it must fit in your cabinet. If it doesn't, I can help you.. And yup these types of fans come with a three pin connector only so, it will be perfect for you..

I think you should opt for 90mm fans as the will definetly fit in your cabinet and will give better performance..*www.flipkart.com/m/cooler-master-9...ew--&ref=96970865-c63b-4668-afe7-00516dec2c88

This is a little expensive but worth..

Fit it as the back exhaust and you will be great.. :)

Last edited:
OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
Yes,it has 3pin conectr. .wil use it as rear exhaust. .but if it does not fit into my caby then?
pls take a look at my caby pics given in 1st page. .
i need to be sure. .my frnd wil order today soon, . .

i measured the fan holes in my caby with a scale. . it measures 7.6cm i.e 76mm(rear),. .and 79mm (side). .

koolent

Youngling
Thats why you might need 90mm. Do one thing, measure your fan slot using a scale fom bottom to top. If its 8cm, order 80mm if the slot is 9cm then order 90mm here - *www.flipkart.com/m/cooler-master-9...ew--&ref=96970865-c63b-4668-afe7-00516dec2c88

koolent

Youngling
Thats not the correct one.. Let me explain..

Take the slot as a square and you have to measure one of its sides bro.. Not the hypotenues..

Say, From top right screw slot to bottom right screw slot..

So,measure from top to bottom.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom