want to install a cabinet fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - 40 bucks 80mm fan has no warranty.

@ koolent - those cheap 80mm fans cmes with 4 pin molex cnnector only - so no need for any kind of converter connector.

koolent

Youngling
@topgear- Ya, I know, i remember I ripped of the wire to connect it to my motherboard :p. But I was just reccomending for him, if he buys a good fan then..

I was just warning him, just in case.. :)

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
In the psu cables,there is one smal 4pin cable..al otherst are biger lyk d hdd conector..can i cnect d fan there?
Also cn i cnect my floppy drv there?

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
that PSU is a black listed one , very very dangerous to run your a GPU on that. Do u know what is THE ampere on 12v rail of that PSU?

chk THIS & THIS & THIS

u r requested to GO THROUGH IT THOROUGHLY and revert.

your psu has :

+12V its written as 17A and under the -12V its 0.8A which is not enough for handling your GPU as well as other componenets.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Bodhisatwa - no you can't connect a fan on the small 4 pin floppy drive power connector - and floppy drives are vanished now from most places and what's the use of 1.44M floppy disc unless you have an ages old rig or using it for some other pc related diagnostic work - make your life happy with a USB Flash drive.

koolent

Youngling
I just purchased a fan with Molex connector and connected it to the Motherboard connector as I had no molex connector from my PSU, so I had to do it and to fan runs without any problems. Its just great :)

koolent

Youngling
Get two loose wires and plug them so, the black wire Is at the extreme right end of the Sys-Fan connector and the red one at the middle pin.

Make loops and then use a flat screw driver to put those wire loops in the port, then apply some m-seal to secure them, use red packaged M-Seal, its not that hard, now use these two wires and connect the extreme right wire to where the black wire is in the female molex and the red wire respectively. Now secure this connection too with M-Seal and you are good to go ;)..

If any problems occour, feel free to post. :)

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Koolent is not talking of SYS FAN PORT of your mobo where u can easily attach a fan. He is trying to convey the way u can attach another fan in the molex connector with the help of his method. Am i right Koolent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom