Want a bike within 70k, need advice geeks !!!

pratik385

In the zone
Hi guys,
I live in pune, working in CTS. I want a vehicle but confused that i should go for activa or bike. As we all know there is lot of traffic on office hrs so which one to go for. In bike, which is good. My main criterias are Good mileage, Reliablity, comfortable and good style. I will prefer Hero motocrop, Honda and tvs brand please no bajaj. Budget is mentioned i.e. within 70k. I will use it in city mostly and speed will be around 40-60kmph. Smooth ride will be plus and ride comfort should be there. So please advice, this will be my first bike, my previous was Scooty pep :D

i have sorted out few models
Hero Super Splender or nxg
Honda unicorn or dazzler
tvs rtr 160/180

Anyother model will be considered. Im in no rush to get it. I can wait 1month or so.

Thanks in advance :)

go for honda unicorn lower price, Good mileage, Reliablity, comfortable but LOW on stlye also low maintenance

go for TVS RTR 160 if you want style

IMO Honda unicorn's seat is the most comfortable ! !

best of luck :D

Sarath

iDota
Splendor for the best of everything except looks, power and comfort of the others.

Even I would say go with Unicorn for its good reliability and comfort and decent looks.

socrates

In the zone
i have sorted out few models
Hero Super Splender or nxg
Honda unicorn or dazzler
tvs rtr 160/180

Any other model will be considered. Im in no rush to get it. I can wait 1month or so.

Thanks in advance :)

You have not mentioned you height & type of build. So these are my guesstimates :D
Dont waste time on the 100cc bikes. I know many will flay me for this (I own a HH Splendor) :)
I would suggest bikes as they are safer because of the bigger wheels. I know many will say You cant carry much luggage, but you can with a few cheap addons available.
In 125cc bikes look at Hero Moto C 'Glamour'/'Super Splender' both share the same engine only the body shape is different. Ignore 'NXG'
In 150cc Hero Moto C 'Achiever' or Honda 'Unicorn' both share the same engine (yes its true:D ). Ignore 'Dazzler' which is all show & over priced.
If I am not mistaken Honda bikes used to come with tubeless tyres which are safer & easier to repair. If you want to buy do it in the festive season as I heard the dealers are giving freebies as sales are down, try not to buy in Nov/Dec as then it would be considered a 2011 bike. I know it sounds contradictory :) If not in a hurry then buy in beginning of the year.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
^My friend has a 100cc Bajaj Wind and he gets upwards of 70kmpl. He is quite happy with the ride too. It might not be the "fun" ride but does the job and is economical.

Also HH has so many splendor sales that every other bike feels obsolete for them. My own ZMR is treated like thrash during servicing. The service, knowledge and quality of splendor is on a different level.

But I would still suggest you to go for the Honda Unicorn

jsjs

Journeyman
1.Honda CBF Stunner:
style and fuel eficiency
2.Hero CBZ Xtreme:
power and fuel eficiency
3.Yamaha FZ(16orS)
Power and style

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
You have not mentioned you height & type of build. So these are my guesstimates :D
Dont waste time on the 100cc bikes. I know many will flay me for this (I own a HH Splendor) :)
I would suggest bikes as they are safer because of the bigger wheels. I know many will say You cant carry much luggage, but you can with a few cheap addons available.
In 125cc bikes look at Hero Moto C 'Glamour'/'Super Splender' both share the same engine only the body shape is different. Ignore 'NXG'
In 150cc Hero Moto C 'Achiever' or Honda 'Unicorn' both share the same engine (yes its true:D ). Ignore 'Dazzler' which is all show & over priced.
If I am not mistaken Honda bikes used to come with tubeless tyres which are safer & easier to repair. If you want to buy do it in the festive season as I heard the dealers are giving freebies as sales are down, try not to buy in Nov/Dec as then it would be considered a 2011 bike. I know it sounds contradictory :) If not in a hurry then buy in beginning of the year.

im 5 ft 7 1⁄2 inch exactly, build athletic, filhal gym shuru nhi hai job :X :D
yup honda unicorn is great but i think its with tube tyres
diwali me nai le sakta kya, there will be lot of offers :)

go for honda unicorn lower price, Good mileage, Reliablity, comfortable but LOW on stlye also low maintenance

go for TVS RTR 160 if you want style

IMO Honda unicorn's seat is the most comfortable ! !

best of luck :D

thanks mate :D

Splendor for the best of everything except looks, power and comfort of the others.

Even I would say go with Unicorn for its good reliability and comfort and decent looks.

splender still unbeatable in performance but what about the seating style, there will back pain :(

As your budget is 70k, get royal enfield it gives you "Dabangg" look.

bhai sahab :D
my uncle "bade papa" have royal enfield 500c model 1967 model :*

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Buddy just look at new models of enfield with alloy wheel,it looks stunning.it gives u rough n tough looks of harley devidson bikes

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Go for either Unicorn / RTR 160 FI version.

Unicorn- better riding postion (comfortable too), one of the smoothest engine.

Apache RTR 160 FI- Uber style and true performer!! Awesome ride!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all Hero Motocorp 100cc bikes share the same classic CD100 engine. Since this is the case, CD-Dawn (spoke, kick, drum, retro but personal opinion - likeable 80's look) and CD-Deluxe (alloy, self, drum, modern look) are the best 100cc bikes since they are cheaper than Splendours.

Anyway, these are commuter bikes with upright sitting position. You won't have back problems, unlike sports bikes which have the sports bike cowl which gets painful after an hour or two.

I think the main advantage of going for these 100cc bikes is mileage. 70 to 75 km per litre of petrol reported by many. And since you first even considered buying a scooter, these bikes will atleast give equivalent performance of a scooter at 50% more mileage.

socrates

In the zone
If you want to buy do it in the festive season as I heard the dealers are giving freebies as sales are down, try not to buy in Nov/Dec as then it would be considered a 2011 bike. I know it sounds contradictory :) If not in a hurry then buy in beginning of the year.

im 5 ft 7 1⁄2 inch exactly, build athletic, filhal gym shuru nhi hai job :X :D
yup honda unicorn is great but i think its with tube tyres
diwali me nai le sakta kya, there will be lot of offers :)

:*

Festive is the right time as they offer freebies. TOI reported that 2 wheeler dealers have started to offer freebies as sales have not picked up. :D So go ahead. You might find this blog interesting even though a different bike is mentioned the fundas are same Socrates’s experience: My Splendor !!!!

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
Me : papa im confused which bike i should choose
papa : splendor + is the best
ME : (he has splender+ and glamour currently and had splendor) Unicorn is also good
papa : but splendor + has gr8 mileage and reliablity.

@all
abb bolo kya karu ? :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
Give your papa example like Hero honda had taken technology from Honda soo ultimately honda engines r the best...soo you want a pure honda bike and you have heard great things about Unicorn like 55KMPL milage and zero maintainence :D

socrates

In the zone
Me : papa im confused which bike i should choose
papa : splendor + is the best
ME : (he has splender+ and glamour currently and had splendor) Unicorn is also good
papa : but splendor + has gr8 mileage and reliablity.

@all
abb bolo kya karu ? :p

My friend has 2 'Unicorn' bikes in Pune & he get about 55-57 kmpl & I have friends in Mumbai who get the same on a HH Splendor/Passion :D lol
Honda bikes if I am not mistaken has tubeless tyres on some of their models. (post #4)

casual_gamer

In the zone
if anyone wants to buy passion pro stay away, gives 45kmpl in city and 55kmpl outskirts, engine not smooth. buy super splendor, has super smooth engine and gives decent mileage.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup its true. Super splendour has a newly designed engine while passion pro is based on the same cd100 engine. But 45kmpl for passion pro is not true. It will give over 60 for sure. My pulsar 150 dtsi gives 45kmpl and its 6 years old.

Top Bottom