Want a bike within 70k, need advice geeks !!!

Ok for that money you can look at one of the two :

1. Great Mileage average bike

2. Average Mileage Good Bike

If I were in your position I would get Honda Unicorn . Looks Ok but it has Honda engine which is reliable if not that powerful. Other will be RTR 160. Looks Nice and has awesome power . But it will drink a lot of your blood :p.

casual_gamer

In the zone
^^ Yup its true. Super splendour has a newly designed engine while passion pro is based on the same cd100 engine. But 45kmpl for passion pro is not true. It will give over 60 for sure. My pulsar 150 dtsi gives 45kmpl and its 6 years old.
I am using passion pro since 2.5 years, it gives 45kmpl in city, i have interacted with other passion pro owners, even they say the same thing. plus its a boring to ride bike.
super splendor is great, it gives me great pleasure to ride that bike.

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
my bro who has unicorn said that he get average below 50 in city.
That is really -ve about unicorn. I'm thinking about getting splendor + or super splendor now.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Dude, refrain from buying 100cc bikes even if they're good in all aspects, you'll get bored of them within some years. that's why opt for a bigger engine.

Super Splendor will be better for commuting due to super smooth engine, and it's efficiency is good , above 60+. New model looks better than previous gen, and will suit your needs. It's also fun to ride :)

If you want a little more style, raw power , fun in every ride then Opt for CBZ xtreme . Efficiency might not be good enough as compared to other 150cc bikes, but still the most comfortable bike in 150cc. Plus it has got Clip-on handlebars, Digital speedometer, attractive styling which are bonuses.

I'm planning to get myself a Hero MC Hunk =)

or, buy a Honda Shine 125 CC ^^

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
my friend saying that its giving 75kmpl :O
im considering splendor + as dont want to go for 70k :/
within 55k

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
AFAIK no bike gives 70+ milege after 1-2 yr of running. Though, in the initial phase bikes tend to give 70+ mileages, some 80+ too, platina :p

PS- I don't like design of splendor +, go for Passion pro instead (personal suggestion)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you want mileage with performance, have a a look at Honda Shine. Its a very good bike giving mileage better than splendor and passion :)

casual_gamer

In the zone
my friend saying that its giving 75kmpl :O
im considering splendor + as dont want to go for 70k :/
within 55k

today i tested splendor plus and splendor pro, both run smoother than passion pro. i personally liked splendor pro, nice smooth engine, you will get pleasure riding this bike. go for splendor pro.

Did you TD CD-Deluxe ?

Oh and at 55k you *could* give Bajaj Discover 125 Disc or Discover 150 a look.

Discover 125 Drum is 51k onroad, 125 Disc is 53k and 150 Disc is 55k all onroad pune (as seen here: *agni.bajajauto.co.in:64646/b2c_eb/...s&carea=4DE13DBBE0DB0070E10080000A140808)/.do

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
today i tested splendor plus and splendor pro, both run smoother than passion pro. i personally liked splendor pro, nice smooth engine, you will get pleasure riding this bike. go for splendor pro.

so which one you will be opting and price of both the bikes?

Did you TD CD-Deluxe ?

Oh and at 55k you *could* give Bajaj Discover 125 Disc or Discover 150 a look.

Discover 125 Drum is 51k onroad, 125 Disc is 53k and 150 Disc is 55k all onroad pune (as seen here: *agni.bajajauto.co.in:64646/b2c_eb/...s&carea=4DE13DBBE0DB0070E10080000A140808)/.do

no bajaj bawa :/
no i havent td cd delux

casual_gamer

In the zone
so which one you will be opting and price of both the bikes?

if i were you, for 55k i would go with splendor pro, splendor plus does not have self start, so no reason going for plus though it is cheaper. in bangalore i think pro is selling for 58k. everything is costlier here, in pune you might get it for 55k on road.

somulesnar

Journeyman
@pratik385

i wud suggest u to have a glance on the bajaj pulsar 135 LS...
Great looks, Sufficient power, Superior mileage, And low maintenance. i personally own one and am quite happy since 2 years.

Check This And this.

U wud get a broad idea after going through the above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom