Wanna buy 100 DVDs at wholesale price

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hi. I want to buy good but cheap 100 DVDs for archival purposes (laptop's hdd is almost full). Perhaps i can get em at wholesale price.

What brand would you suggest?
What would be the expected price?
I can travel to chandigarh or ambala, so any resident who can tell me the address of a wholesaler selling at competitive price?
How much dual layer dvds cost?
Any online shop?
Any suggestion is welcome.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I donno how cheap one can get DVDs but I always purchase National DVD (I hope its the same National Panasonic) Its quality is nice and I had write some 300DVDs of national without any problem

I get a 50dvd pack for 325 thats around Rs.6.5 per piece

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Coz hdds are fragile. You always have to take care of & around them. I wish my laptop had 320gb sdd, then i could swing it around like a mobile.

At ebay they're 10 buck a piece. Too costly.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
they are not dat much fragile.. buy a external seagate or WD or hitachi or iomega HDD.. dat would be better..

personal exp:-i have taken back up of so many things in DVD's.. but now they are hardly used.. new things are coming up and we just move on to them.. HDD require less space, much faster for reading and writing, can modify the data if you thing you dnt want any data in future..

sujoyp

Grand Master
pulkit u r right but a 400-500gb hdd would cost Rs3000+ and same data can be put in Rs700-800 dvds (100-120 dvd)

soo its very cost effective...

U r right on ease of use of HDD...I myself planning to get a usb3 500GB hdd soon:)

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
That another negative point. Data on hdds can be changed, which i dont want to happen to my data.
So could you just tell me where i can get dvds at cheap price and name some good ones which can stand the test of time.

Ps: there aint no point in convincing me to buy hdd. Haven't gotta that much money.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Data on hdds can be changed
it changes only if you wants to change or add or modify the data..

but anyways get the DVD from sony >> moserbaer >>writex >>(any local)
pack of 100DVD- costing arnd 1.5k to 1.7k for sony and lesser for other brands.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hey you're from delhi! Such stuff must be cheaper there. I'm sure a wholesaler will sell 100 dvds at wholesale price. That shouldn't be more than 10 bucks a piece

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I too use DVD's for archival (mainly Movies) purpose.
For me, SONY are The best! No Moser Baer... no Writex... blah blah..
And I don't have budget to buy even a 50 DVD pack. So I buy 10 pack, at about 140 from Nehru Place, in Delhi. So that comes around 14 per piece. For SONY I can afford it.

Please do inform me, if you see Sony DVD's been selling for 10/piece!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I prefer DVDs because:

1. Read only memory: Write once, and forget that data would be deleted accidentally.

2. Multiple copies: In case I am backing up Documents, the DVD made on eg, 1st Jan would have backup of my Documents folder. Then the DVD made on 1st Feb, would contain backup of Documents folder, which now contains, files previously written on 1st DVD + New files. So now I have multiple copies, and in case new DVD is damaged, I will have lost the data of just 1 month.
Of course, loss of both DVD is a probability, but its less probably then a HDD failure, which would ensure 100% loss.

3. Collection: In case of movies, I will have an entire collection of movies, chronologically numbered and ordered from the date I started backup. It also serves the purpose of "Show-off" :) So, I can let somebody get a fair idea, of How much "data: I have!

4. And lastly, since its cheap ;)

bubusam13

Human
I used buy DVDs very cheap untill I bought an external HDD of Seagate. It have 5 yrs replacement warranty. I used to buy DVDs for Rs820... Rs20 for the big DVD case... haha.. funny
Aniwz... DVD brands are writex, frontech, moserbaer, renotech. Writex and moserbaer cost Rs 10 extra.
I stay in Guwahati... and things are costly here. U will surely find cheaper in ur place... humm I think so

insaneYLN

In the zone
You may have a look at this -

moser baer dvd, Memory Cards, Pen Drives HDD, Consumer Electronics items at low prices on eBay India

bubusam13

Human
Yaa I know... m a ebay buyer and seller... ebay cost is a little high.... only buy those things that u can't find in local market...

I normally sell my used electronics on ebay... environmental awareness u know. I dont dump them in dustbin..... hehe :D

I too use DVD's for archival (mainly Movies) purpose.
For me, SONY are The best! No Moser Baer... no Writex... blah blah..
And I don't have budget to buy even a 50 DVD pack. So I buy 10 pack, at about 140 from Nehru Place, in Delhi. So that comes around 14 per piece. For SONY I can afford it.

Please do inform me, if you see Sony DVD's been selling for 10/piece!

Do you play those SONY dvds in normal DVD player. SONY dvds are too slow when u rerwind or fast forward in DVD players.

My moserbaer dvds i used in 2006 are working perfectly till now.

Top Bottom