Vodafone India responds to complaints by lowering iPhone 3G pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i bought my nokia 9500 Rs36600+2500(black) but for iphone no way its expensive no the reason is they selling in other country on Rs8500 with 1 year contract and here Rs31000 wow its mean we r fool such a scrap man.

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
For what it's worth the iPhone is worth 17 - 19K at the most. I understand that it's an "Apple", but the features it offers do not warrant the current price. And especially the restricted usage is a turnoff. As more and more people realise this, the market for the iPhone is going to become dead. And that's when the companies will be forced to reduce the price substantially; it's already begun happening, just weeks after the launch. I think the price will come down to 18-20K in a year and a half.

And I bet Nokia is going to launch the N96 at a tempting price. Once that happens, no one except some disillusioned Apple fanatic will buy the iPhone..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
… and pigs will finally take to wings.

--------------

P.S.: Vodafone didn’t charge anyone the original price after all. I know a guy who booked his iPhone in advance of the launch and still got it for the lowered price.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
P.S.: Vodafone didn’t charge anyone the original price after all. I know a guy who booked his iPhone in advance of the launch and still got it for the lowered price.
So only those who bought it from Airtel paid 31/37k? :lol:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
What if this high price is just a marketing gimmick to get people talk more about iPhone :) Lets wait for some time and see what happens to the prices. After all, they do have a competitor to face in near future!

Pat

Beyond Smart
Rediff claims iPhone prices will fall by upto 15%

*www.rediff.com/money/2008/sep/01iphone.htm

Not that I believe them ;)

monkey

Padawan
Comparing with international rates I would like to see atleast Rs. 15k downward price revision (ie. 16k for 8 GB and 21k for 16 GB). The prices will still be higher than what is being asked at US but nonetheless attractive enough to pull large no. of customers.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Comparing with international rates I would like to see atleast Rs. 15k downward price revision (ie. 16k for 8 GB and 21k for 16 GB). The prices will still be higher than what is being asked at US but nonetheless attractive enough to pull large no. of customers.

Comparing with international prices, iPhone 3G has been priced almost identically in India.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly. Rs. 15,000 would be a fantastic price for the iPhone, and that’s exactly what it’s going to remain—a fantasy.

Rediff claims iPhone prices will fall by upto 15%

*www.rediff.com/money/2008/sep/01iphone.htm

Not that I believe them ;)
Well, just this one time, you should. This is almost certainly going to happen—95% sure.

Last edited:

arunks

Hey here is the aks
how can i get a iphone from america..
one of my friend's friend is in america..
can i gt it at 200$ from there..
if yes then how..
whats the procedure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom