Vista vs Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, don't U guys agree that configuring Linux is not as easy as configuring Vista? Those people who were at the Mojave Demo r proof that Vista's bad press is nothing but FUD by Anti-MS people & vista no longer is in the same state as it was on launch. people havn't used vista still they blame it like Sandisk CEO was blaming for there low performing SSDs

CadCrazy

in search of myself
A Linux Distro like Arch or Debian is MUCH MUCH more feature rich and complete as an OS compared to windows. Besides, the main problem with windows is that its simply not as easy to use as linux. And its damn slow. Install something like JRE to know what I mean. After downloading I can install it within 4 seconds on arch while on windows xp it takes a few minutes. And if a hardware supports open standards, it supports linux too. But the real issue is that many hardware vendors don't care about supporting an OS, often because of secret licence agreements with companies like Microsoft.

Lol Control Kaar Yaar. Sare log Linux use karna shuru kar denge. windows ko bhi jeene do :lol:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Well, don't U guys agree that configuring Linux is not as easy as configuring Vista?
I'd say NO. My opinion is that its all the drivers (as Charan said). My uncle replaced his office desktop with a laptop which came with no OS. I tried to transfer the Vista with license from his desktop to laptop, thats about 8-9 months ago. Vista wouldn't work on the laptop due to driver issues, inspite of downloading and using every version of driver that existed on this planet for his various devices (Yes, I tried Vista certified, not-official and every version that you cud think of including XP version). Added to it, Vista + AutoCAD 2k8 SP1 was like unusable on 2GB of RAM inspite of GFX drivers working properly.

I thot the hardware must be faulty. Just to test, I installed Ubuntu. It installed great. Everything worked out of the box. Apart from the binary closed source nvidia driver, I didn't haf to install anything else (of corz I didn't install all the codecs and *bling bling* stuff since it was only a test install, otherwise I couldn't tested with Mint). The system was ready for general purpose use in 15 minutes.

I was now sure that its a problem with Vista and drivers and not his hardware. Since he's an architect, he needed AutoCAD on Windows NATiVELY. So I went ahead and installed XP. His system was ready for general use in exactly 15 minutes. He's a happy man now. XP + AutoCAD 2k8 SP1 is as snappy as anybody can imagine.

Vista was a nightmare on his laptop. XP was a blessing in disguise. But sadly he had to pay again for XP license (and I got a free Vista license :D )

So in the end, it all boils down to how your hardware is supported by the OS with or without official/unofficial drivers.

Those people who were at the Mojave Demo r proof that Vista's bad press is nothing but FUD by Anti-MS people
Frankly dude, those people should be shot down. People who believe others, people who are ignorant about things which they shouldn't be about etc. Was Mojave made to look like Win 3.1 or something? Don't people haf eyes? I'd say people who live their lives based on others' opinion haf no right to live. I'm not generalizing this, but this is what I think.

... & vista no longer is in the same state as it was on launch.
While SP1 fixes a lot of bugs, there is still a lot desired to be fixed. Ask Vishal ;)

:lol: :lol: Thank you for that dose of laughter. I needed that. Thank you. I am still -> :lol: :lol:

@MetalheadGautham: please stop the joke that Arch/Linux is easier than Windows. It's getting old already.
I swear its much easier for me.
+1. This is very true.

ZOMG... Arch is easier than Windows... Dude.. what do you smoke???? :lol:

When you post something in a public forum, post sensibly and use better analogies.

Now he's showing that he is one :D

I'm with you.. lol... :lol:

2. I smoke air. I am damn serious. Arch IS really easy to use. Hell, all the configuration is placed in just 2-4 files like pacman.conf, rc.conf, menu.lst and fstab. And nano is so easy to use, and everything is commented so nicely for me to see understand and uncomment. Use it yourself and you will see light.

3. sorry...

4. :D

5. :|
Well, don't U guys agree that configuring Linux is not as easy as configuring Vista?
Its better to say that for YOU its easier to use vista than linux. Everyone is NOT the same. Whats easy for YOU needn't be easy for ME and vice versa. All this ease of use talk is relative. But since linux has different distros for different people, on an overall prespective, linux IS easier to use than windows.

For example, I personally find ARCH TO BE THE EASIEST TO USE OS ever designed, while my friend thinks UBUNTU HARDY HERON GNOME EDITION is much much easier to use and configure than his vista ultimate. (no, he is not a linux fanboy. he is an apple fanboy and he just happens to have stumbled across ubuntu once and now he is a apple fanboy and ubuntu user, though I am going to help him get rid of ubuntu and install OpenSuSE 11.)

amitava82

MMO Addict
Yeah right spend a day on a internet to figure out how to install an OS, another day to find drivers, and finally another day to solve other problems. Sure you don't want me to point to the Arch thread..
installed
booted
text mode
damn
where do I find the install guide and beginners guide ?
:lol:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Well, don't U guys agree that configuring Linux is not as easy as configuring Vista? Those people who were at the Mojave Demo r proof that Vista's bad press is nothing but FUD by Anti-MS people & vista no longer is in the same state as it was on launch. people havn't used vista still they blame it like Sandisk CEO was blaming for there low performing SSDs
Definitely I agree with that . Linux isn't exactly as user friendly as Vista , maybe it will be in the future (before anyone comes riding in on their horse to curse me out, you know and I know what i said is probably right) . However blaming how Vista was perceived by people on folks who use Linux and Macintosh is plain stupid. If there is any so called "FUD" created about the OS its by the same people who were on Windows itself. As a matter of fact your statement proves what I meant.

vista no longer is in the same state as it was on launch.
Next time tell MS not to come out with a half-assed product like they did with Vista. Pffft then blame Linux and Macs when their own customers start ranting about it.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Shrek, your comments are awesome. Much respect.

------------

Give a dying man some sugar water and call it his medicine, and he'll die peacefully in his last days. Everything is in the head of a man... he believes what he is made to believe.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
^^ Pehli baar tumne koe dhang ki baat ki hai
I try my best to be correct most of the time. But I'm always open to people correctign me if I'm wrong. :)

Shrek, your comments are awesome. Much respect.
The feeling is mutual :).

lol.. he does not understand hindi.. hahahha
Yes I'm ashamed to say I don't know Hindi of course .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom