Vista vs Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
And its not MS'es fault if they force a vendor to bundle a product, its not MS'es fault that there were kabillion errors in their product. They should have probably taken the time to realize it and do something about it.

Not to mention the real thing that pisses me off is the above poster somehow thinks that the users who don't use Vista is in some stone age.

Here it comes again. The whole discussion is about users saying vista is bad without using it and users who say vista is bad without using it properly.

The problems with Vista was in the early stages and still you are hanging to something that was there a year ago.

Damn!! Have to start all over again :(

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
2) if someone installs bloatware, who is responsible?? manufacturer or Microsoft??
As Microsoft's product they should have probably done something to restrict that to a reasonable limit. I mean after all they don't seem to have problems in restricting other capabilities. For a person like you or some other expert like iMav this might be an easy task. How about those dozens of folk who just need email access. How about those people who wouldn't know what Crapware is from any other program. Are we now to condemn them because of Microsofts and Vendors inability to get their stupid right? You just criticized two people on this forum who from their posts show they aren't any toddlers at technology. So please as I said before ease your roll. Microsoft isn't your personal property theres no need to go aggressive about it.

3) If someone's not ready to tune up Vista by removing that bloatware, who is responsible?? Manufacturer or Vista or user??
The answer is in the above post. No company should weasel its way out of its products performance. Thats how quality business is done. Xp is probably given with the same crapware. Why does it work better to some? how about clearing that out.

They have. From recent Ballmer emails it was clear that they are re-thinking the way they deal with the system manufacturers. Let's hope for the best. But, certainly it is unfair to blame MS and say Vista is bad because what you (not necessarily you) bought is loaded with crap already.
Thank you . At last someone isseeing what im trying to get across. I think AnandK said the same. There should be a limit on the crap they put on anyones system. The consumer shouldn't have to go through the process of re-installing anything to use someones product.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^If MS restrict that, again they will be blamed for monopoly, for cloing other to install s/w. MS can ask vendors to stop that buty they can't because there is an option to uninstall the bloatware.

how many times should I say that "Try to use Vista in proper way. Don't blame vista for everything". What can I say if someone having a powerful machine that can run Vista with just a few of it's resources post that Vista is slow on his machine (due to some bloatware and hiccups that can be fixed) and hence it sucks without even trying to find out what is slowing down his machine and not trying to fix it. That is what irritates me.

axxo

99.9% Idle
I got my HDD crashed today, developed bad sectors. It was running Vista till date(have another HDD running xp on dual boot). I won't blame vista for this coz after all its having only few disk thrashing services running in background. The chkdisk scheduled by vista os couldn't detect bad clusters but xp os did.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
how many times should I say that "Try to use Vista in proper way. Don't blame vista for everything". What can I say if someone having a powerful machine that can run Vista with just a few of it's resources post that Vista is slow on his machine (due to some bloatware and hiccups that can be fixed) and hence it sucks without even trying to find out what is slowing down his machine and not trying to fix it. That is what irritates me.

Heres the deal. Ill explain what I've trying to put in

1. Start
2. Microsoft comes out with Vista
3. Consumer goes "WOOOHOOOO I R BUYING VISTA"
4. If customer bought Vista when it came out
Then
The problems with Vista was in the early stages and still you are hanging to something that was there a year ago.
Else If User bought a new Laptop
It does not mean Vista is bad because someone bundles crap with it. Crap taht you don't need and crap that messes the machine up.
5. In either case it ends up with same result.
6. Bad Press
Please tell me someone sees what I'm trying to get through.

I'm talking about the bad press. If Microsoft somehow comes over this Please FFS if you are restricting something, restrict the right thing.

Conumer puts it on his desktop

Phokz,Vista ain't gonna run on a PII machine with 256MB RAM and 64MB graphics.OK?
My classmates for an instance,have crappy PCs with 256MB RAM at most.No dedicated graphics cards whatsoever,although Vista runs on newer onboard graphic chipsets too.Those ignorant noobz think that P4 is the best processor and can't run Vista properly and are spreading rumors of P5 coming which will run vista properly.BUT...the thing is that those phuckerz don't have enough brains to run vista.They say Vista is crap and that is how rumors start to spread.These kinda noobs don't deserve to be alive.
I admit that Vista can become sluggish over time if not taken proper care of like updating AVs,defragmenting,surfing malious sites and such but once you get to know how the OS is to be handled,it's a piece of cake.
Direct X 10 is one of the best features in Vista.Gaming is such a delight!Now it's up to use the retired widows XP or the young charming Vista.Linux is good for work but multimedia and games suck big time!Mac OS X is great for everything except gaming.
Every OS has it's own pros and cons.Vista has an edge over the other with gaming compatibility but gradual sluggishness,temp files,being prone virus are keeping the crown of the best OS from it.Moreover lack of some features which need to be there.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@@FilledVoid,

Wow. What an analysis. You should really be in the press. Pick up the words that you want and supress other words.

Dude.

1) Buy a laptop
2) Install Vista from scratch or tune preinstalled OS
3) Have a nice time with Vista.

Yes, we are blaming media coz when the problem wasn't really with Vista now, it's still being circulated that Vista runs slow whatever the machine is.

So, please stop doing "Director's cut" :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@@FilledVoid,

Wow. What an analysis. You should really be in the press. Pick up the words that you want and supress other words.

Dude.

1) Buy a laptop
2) Install Vista from scratch or tune preinstalled OS
3) Have a nice time with Vista.

Yes, we are blaming media coz when the problem wasn't really with Vista now, it's still being circulated that Vista runs slow whatever the machine is.

So, please stop doing "Director's cut"

Before you comment about my posting skill maybe you should take time to read all of my posts. I have maintained the same thing all along. That the bad press was a creation of the same Windows User base. Not that of Anti-MS Fanboys or MacBoys or Anti-Ms people. Which is basically a result of what I posted above. You may like it or not but thats your issue not mine.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
K there was this little case with me.
My HDD was dying out windows refused to recover data(some naming errors, copying stops at that). Then I took backup using Ubuntu, and guess what it did it in one go :D
Second instance was when deleted all partitions in a HDD and tried to install Windows (98, 2000, xp and even Vista), they all failed. This time too Ubuntu got installed
One thing that pisses me is the poor linux support by G965 chipset. It has bios bug, but still newer linux versions work well.
The adamant nature of windows to be on first HDD is also a hopeless problem.

No wonder i miss dreamweaver, photoshop but found GIMP, stopped pirating softwares. Visit my blog an you will know that still i can design things well using linux.

Gaming, yes its a big no. I was a hardcore gamer. But exponential hardware upgrade with each game now keeps me away from games. Its good for productivity too and less eye-ear damage. Of course i learned new things too.

chandru.in

In the zone
See that's where you're wrong, from the start itself. Get your self Vista from anywhere, install it on your system, use it for 30 days. Don't like it don't buy the license. It gives you 30 days to try. Stop making NOTES that are not true. Man I've become so polite. :cool:
Didn't I say more than 30 days?? :confused:

In 30 days we have just 8 full days (weekends) to test Vista, that too, if I sacrifice my weekend fun just to try and love an OS.

hmm. Why did it run like a butter on a 1Gb RAM on my PC with Athlon 64 2.2GHz and 6100 chipset? Magic???
Either magic orextreme hardwork from your side to make it work. If I put same amount of time in configuring my Ubuntu box, I can get a super fast system with even more RAM left for apps. :D

1) Play Crysis and GRID

Tell me how to play them. OR show me games of that level.

2) An application like Vista media center where I can do everything related to multimedia.

3) Application like Dreamweaver to design webpages.
These are not fault of Linux. Anyway why should I use Vista to run these? They run fine on XP too.

YOu say that Vista gets slower on using more apps. There is a solution. Get a fast processor or add more RAM.
When did Vista start supporting more than 3 GB of RAM?? :shock:

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
After a nice movie like Mummy 3, your comment just completes a nice week. Please do keep making such absurd irrational comments, keeps poeple like me and others hooked on to the forums.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Didn't I say more than 30 days?? :confused:

In 30 days we have just 8 full days (weekends) to test Vista, that too, if I sacrifice my weekend fun just to try and love an OS.

Strange... you got time to criticize it !
Mad world...

@Manan, How was the movie ?

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
[offtopic] Mummy 3

Missed Rachel Weisz. Other than that the movie is nice. Still makes you want more Mummy Action. Johannthan has a bar in China named as - Himohtep. :lol:

[/offtopic]

Gus one offtopic question here.On Vista 32-Bit I'm gettign BSDOs due to 4GB RAM.Will Updating to SP1 solve this issue?
SP1 is not there in automatic updates.How come?
Thank You:D

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates

Also read this: *www.chotocheeta.com/2008/03/16/windows-vista-sp1-hits-windows-auto-update/

Next time, please start a topic in the Software Troubleshooting section and don't use such font formatting, makes you look your age. About the RAM, update to SP1.

Thanks and please keep the 'age' and stuff away.I posted 'please reply soon' in bold to get some attention and to divert a mind or two towards this update problem from OS wars.

goobimama

 Macboy
When Vista first came out, I was the one who was advocating how much better it is than Vista. I got two of the office computers on Vista, as I did my home computer. And I liked it for a month or so. Then suddenly one realises that the whole thing is not worth it. There's not much that I can do with Vista that I can't do with XP. So why make up for that performance loss? So now I'm running XP at home, much to the pleasure of my family (which btw, has no idea what Vista is about, yet they hated it from day 1).

Even 1 day is not good enough to know what Vista is about.

*I have not yet tried it with SP1 so please excuse me on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom