Vista vs Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
This is something that shows how ignorant people are and how FUD (spread by people like many on this forum) has an impact on normal people.

Spurred by an e-mail from someone deep in the marketing ranks, Microsoft last week traveled to San Francisco, rounding up Windows XP users who had negative impressions of Vista. The subjects were put on video, asked about their Vista impressions, and then shown a "new" operating system, code-named Mojave. More than 90 percent gave positive feedback on what they saw. Then they were told that "Mojave" was actually Windows Vista.

"Oh wow," said one user, eliciting exactly the exclamation that Microsoft had hoped to garner when it first released the operating system more than 18 months ago. Instead, the operating system got mixed reviews and criticisms for its lack of compatibility and other headaches.
Full Article

jal_desai

In the zone
really ... ppl are just like a herd of sheep... ek bola to uske peeche peeche bolte chale jaate hain.... tricks like these are required to make them realise. I use vista since almost a year and i have no problems with.... Just because ppl dont know how to operate it, they curse it.
Nice info there.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
nubs :D lolz
see this video too
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

atleast we aren't dumb. yeah provided some are :rolleyes:

x3060

A LOTR fan
they are still trying desperately to promote i guess..:).
whatever it is , it was a funny read.

Pat

Beyond Smart
This is something that shows how ignorant people are and how FUD (spread by people like many on this forum) has an impact on normal people.

Noobs and ignorants are everywhere. So are people who spread FUD. This affects not only Windows but all platforms.

pillainp

Journeyman
I think this just goes to show how much people were deceived by the FUD generated by the non-Windows community, perhaps (I think mostly due to) their insecurity.

As far as I have seen, most of the so-called problems (notably UAC) that have been pointed to in Vista exist in some form or other in most other OS's.

One thing I have noticed is that when anyone points out a fault in one of those other OS's, its adherents immediately divert the discussion, either by flaming, or by pointing to some non-issue in some version of Windows.

praka123

left this forum longback
it is like asking the difference between *a dead horse* and *another dead horse* .so what can you expect as answer? :lol: infinite no. of replies!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Now that people have started liking Mojave ... sorry, Vista, the FUDders are back trying to do what they do best.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Just because ppl dont know how to operate it, they curse it.

Exactly, but you forgot that your statement is more accurate if you say this from a linux point of view;)

Just because a bunch of windows addicts find it hard to use linux because of their incompetency and addiction, they crap it and claim Vista to be more better and secure! oh phluueassseeeeeee, those who say so should just get a life!!:rolleyes:

I don't understand for how long Microsoft and it's fanboy's are going to keep trying to convince everyone that Vista is better than XP!! What MS fanboys need to understand is that people are not adopting vista coz they have already tried it and found it useless including me. Microsoft will try all they can till windows7 is released to keep proving that it is worth when the world has been intelligent enough to move past the marketing crap.

I laugh at the ignorance of fanboys who still want to keep proving that Vista is better than something when the majority of the world has realized otherwise.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
when and where did the word FUD originated?Ever thought ?Here is something to think upon.
Fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) is a "tactic" of rhetoric used in sales, marketing, public relations[1][2], and illiberal democracies. FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence public perception by disseminating negative (and vague) information. An individual firm, for example, might use FUD to invite unfavorable opinions and speculation about a competitor's product; to increase the general estimation of switching costs among current customers; or to maintain leverage over a current business partner who could potentially become a rival.

The term originated to describe disinformation tactics in the computer hardware industry and has since been used more broadly.[3] FUD is a manifestation of the appeal to fear.

Although once it was usually attributed to IBM, in the 1990s and later the term became most often associated with industry giant Microsoft. Said Roger Irwin:[8]
“ Microsoft soon picked up the art of FUD from IBM, and throughout the 80's used FUD as a primary marketing tool, much as IBM had in the previous decade. They ended up out FUD-ding IBM themselves during the OS2 vs Win3.1 years. ”

Although the Halloween documents (leaked internal Microsoft documents ) say that "OSS is long-term credible … [therefore] FUD tactics cannot be used to combat it."[9], in fact Open source (OSS) and the GNU/Linux community in particular are widely perceived as frequent targets of Microsoft FUD:

* Statements about the "viral nature"[10] of the GNU General Public License (GPL),
* Statements that "...Linux infringes 235 Microsoft's patents..." before software patent law precedents were established. [11]
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt
..and this is ON TOPIC. reg vi$ta vs mojave or whatever ,it is M$ playing cat and rat game with its |users:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom