Virus attack? Files not showing in pen drive

I noticed a strange problem in my laptop today. When I inserted a pen drive, it shows that 50MB is used but no file is shown, no hidden files too(hidden files are shown in other drives though). I then just formatted it & ignored the issue. Then I inserted my friend's pen drive which had photos worth 200MB, but none of them was shown.

So what could the problem be ?

I use KIS 2014, which was last updated about 2 weeks ago(Not updating due to slow net, updating fails after 3-5MB)
Other than the above said issue, my laptop is working fine (except I can't upgrade to Win8.1)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
go to folder setting and enable show hidden files and folders as well as system files and folders. the files will be kept in a folder with no name.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@anupam- those are system marked files, that's why not shown.

Just do as sam said or run this command in cmd - X:/>attrib *.* -s -h -r /s /d, where X is your pen drive letter.

Gollum

Collector
@anupam- those are system marked files, that's why not shown.

Just do as sam said or run this command in cmd - X:/>attrib *.* -s -h -r /s /d, where X is your pen drive letter.
Man I used to use that command so much now I don't use pen drive at all lol

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Actually till now, I noticed it in only two pen drives:
One, was mine, formatted after seeing no file (thought files were corrupt or pen drive in fected with virus)
Second, my friend's pen drive, which I afterwards didn't ask him if the files were visible in his laptop afterwards

Anyways thanks for all the opinions........
I'll reinstall/refresh Windows 8 at the end of Feb, when my KIS expires (as I'm unable to upgrade to 8.1 now)

Top Bottom