Utorrent question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I suppose .dat is not required if you do full allocation of the content you are downloading. Just try it without formatting and check if it works.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Here are some screenies..

Use this interface to modify the directories.
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/Directories2.jpg

Set the new download location again.
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/Change_location2.jpg

And forcestart the device.
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/Force_Start2.jpg

Hope this helps.........!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
Yes the .dat I suppose in your case the file is hidden.If its not there then rejoice.
Reason: I just checked my download. I deleted the .dat file and then I reloded the torrent in the application and its working perfectly. Just cut and paste the whole folder (folder in which files are being dowloaded) into other drive and you can go one.
If you want screen shots i shall provide.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I tried it yesterday night...opened the .torrent file & set the save path to
the folder of original file...

it automatically checked the initial completed file then began download from 40%....:)

no need of .dat or force restart.....:cool:

Thanx to all who have posted giving me solutions....:grin:

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Is this assumption made by me correct...

Seeds: 40(400)
400 seeds in swarm out of which 40 seeds r connected to me...

Peers: 15(200)
15 peers are connected to me out of 200 downloaders...

how to calculate the ratio?Is good ratio means good speed?

harshit192

Right off the assembly line
I have this doubt runing in my mind.....

I am using utorrent & i m downloading Ubuntu Live Bootable of around 700MB
40% is done....60% remaining....

I need to format my Windows 7 ultimate x64...
will the 40% downloaded data continue or start from 0% again in new installed OS :?:
jst save the torrent file n the 40 % download file in ur pen drive..
aftr frmattng ur pc save these files in ur systm
n den go to torrentz-> options->prefrences-> directries
aftr goin into directories check the firsr option(put new downloadsin)
n give the path.
n nw strt dwnloadng ur file again...
it will dwlaod aftr 40%. :)

uTorent user manual

Share Ratio displays the ratio of uploaded data to downloaded data. You can calculate it by dividing the number beside the Uploaded field by the number beside the Download field. If the torrent job was added when the file was already complete (seeding the file upon adding), then the ratio will start from 0, and will be calculated based on the ratio of the uploaded data to the torrent content size.

availability
The number of complete copies of the torrent contents there are distributed in the part of the swarm you're connected to. The amount of the torrent contents you currently have is included in the availability count. A swarm with no seed and with an availability below 1.0 will likely be unable to finish transferring the complete torrent contents.

swarm
The collective group of peers (which includes seeds) that are connected by a common .torrent file.

a ratio above 1.0 means you have uploaded more than downloaded. this is good and more trackers will be attracted to your IP. ratio below 0.01 becomes a leecher

No. good ratio does not necessarily mean good speed

you also got the meaning of swarm wrong

that is correct . the IP's of seed+peer can be viewed under "Peers" tab
total IP you are connected to is 40 + 15 = 55

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Is this assumption made by me correct...

Yaah I am downloading for last 2 years and I made the same assumption..
The strangest things I saw was with torrent with more then 5000seeders only 2-3 seeders give data...why??

The strangest things I saw was with torrent with more then 5000seeders only 2-3 seeders give data...why??

that may be caused due to 2 reasons ::

1> seeds are ignoring your IP
2> torrent contains fake seeders that do not announce to anywhere

anyway, when this happens know that it not fault of the client (you) but the torrent file itself. download torrent from other source

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
This is a good read.

It basically depends on how many seeders are available, there bandwidth capacity dedicated to the Torrent client, and HOW MUCH they are uploading. It is basically how much you give that much you get. Try this with a popular movie file. Keep that on the client, and throttle your UL speed, see what happens to the DL speed....!

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

It basically depends on how many seeders are available, there bandwidth capacity dedicated to the Torrent client, and HOW MUCH they are uploading. It is basically how much you give that much you get. Try this with a popular movie file. Keep that on the client, and throttle your UL speed, see what happens to the DL speed....!

so u mean the more u upload the more u download?

as u can c there r 400seeds in swarm cant i connect to atleast 250~300 seeders?if yes then how?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It is at run time. The more you are transferring UP, the more you will get inwards. RUN time, not historical. And it is also dependent on what the seeders and leechers situation to what I mentioned in the first line...!

That is the beauty of p2p torrent clients and protocols.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

It is at run time. The more you are transferring UP, the more you will get inwards. RUN time, not historical. And it is also dependent on what the seeders and leechers situation to what I mentioned in the first line...!

That is the beauty of p2p torrent clients and protocols.

ok...then how much u set ur upload limit usually?
& ans to my 2nd question?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I put 0 as upload speed which means unlimited upload...I usually upload 700-900 in night 2-8 :) nad download nearly 4gb per night

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have read somewhere, that upload speed should not be set equal to the d/w speed. It should be maybe 80% of the d/w speed. So if you have set d/w speed to max, and your connection is 512 Kbps, then u/l rate shud be about 50 kBps, since d/w is at 64 kBps.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
ok...then how much u set ur upload limit usually?
& ans to my 2nd question?

I keep both too unlimited on the client. But each .torrents UL/DL can be set individually. Basically if you are on a public tracker it hardly matters, but one has to be careful on Private Trackers (PT). For PTs the ratio is critical. If someone is just starting an account on a PT then they can easily surpass their DL vs. UL limit and get a bad ratio or low ration. In this case the UL should be same as DL, cause on PTs the DL happens quick and UL is difficult. I have decent ratios on my PTs so all is open.

Rule;

1. Public tracker: keep all at unlimited.
2. Private tracker: keep it balanced till your ratio is high, then open them up.

Bacially on PTs it is very easy to receive but difficult to upload, cause there are more uploaders then downloaders, but ratio maintenance is mandatory.

I have read somewhere, that upload speed should not be set equal to the d/w speed. It should be maybe 80% of the d/w speed. So if you have set d/w speed to max, and your connection is 512 Kbps, then u/l rate shud be about 50 kBps, since d/w is at 64 kBps.

Not sure, but for me it is full duplex. I upload at 102 Kbps and download at the same. No need to divide it by two. One needs to watch and monitor their clients for some time, specially if working with PTs.

as u can c there r 400seeds in swarm cant i connect to atleast 250~300 seeders?if yes then how?

The seeds are the number in brackets. You should be able to connect to all. Else you have a port/connectivity/throttling issue. Observe your client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom