urgent plzzz..mobile lost

Deadman

Journeyman
is there anyway to recover galaxy s4. chances seem to be nil but in case someone finds it is it possible to track?
can it be made untrackable by making some firmware change.
it is currently showing switched off although my gps is turned on and it is locked with pin.

$hadow

Geek in making
you got any antivirus on your device?? If yes so have you enabled the anti theft feature and if you don't have the antivirus so I fear that you has actually lost it.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
dont have any antivirus but now i am dependent on samsung dive in case someone switches on the phone

Minion

Conversation Architect
You can find your phone through google account if he switch on your phone but their is slim chance now.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
did you lose it or was it stolen?
you can approach police... it can be tracked using IMEI number, although that can also be changed

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
so it seems there is no way i can recover the phone and it will take a few weeks to recover from this trauma

Well if you had airdroid or android device manager then you can trace the location and see the thief
Also any security app will help
Your device should have device manager so use it
Also report to police so even though the person who has your phone doesn't want to return it you can take a legal action

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try to install some apps like PlanB remotely from play.google.com.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb

And try to locate it from here:
*www.google.com/android/devicemanager

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Its getting frustrating here.just finished the last emi 2 days before and this thief has still not switched on the phone.all these mobile tracking seems useless.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
GT-I9500
Location unavailable
Last used March 18, 2014

it was showing 15th march 2014 1hr ago
as soon as i blocked my card it is showing 18 march
does it mean he has opened the phone.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My cousin had her Xperia L stolen from college 10 days ago. Had the My Xperia tracking system enabled. Also filed a police complaint. Nothing helped. The thief did not turn on the phone. These phones are sold off, and kept switched off for a month or more until the owner gives up hope of finding it. The police also moves on after a few days...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
GT-I9500
Location unavailable
Last used March 18, 2014

it was showing 15th march 2014 1hr ago
as soon as i blocked my card it is showing 18 march
does it mean he has opened the phone.

Most probably yes. Can't you see the device on map? Keep an eye on the map.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
[MENTION=167544]Deadman[/MENTION]: 2% chance of recovering the mobile and 98% chance of losing it forever
2% is based on your luck

And try to locate it from here:
*www.google.com/android/devicemanager

if the OP has logged in google play then it will detect as soon as device is connected to web

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
are these complains forwarded to cybercell to track the thief or is this the job of network operators. also one police told me that it may take months to recover but here the local police is not taking this seriously.just told me to give an application.
regarding the change in imei number its possible but very difficult for s4. my s4 was rooted so it makes the job much easier.
i dont have any hope from local police but still i will try to register an FIR and leave upto god.

Ill donate my body for scientific research the day someone's lost phone gets recovered by the police or by tracking IMEI and ****...
Lost 7 phones in my lifetime.. i've learned to move on....

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
are these complains forwarded to cybercell to track the thief or is this the job of network operators. also one police told me that it may take months to recover but here the local police is not taking this seriously.just told me to give an application.
regarding the change in imei number its possible but very difficult for s4. my s4 was rooted so it makes the job much easier.
i dont have any hope from local police but still i will try to register an FIR and leave upto god.

It's not like that police can't trace, they obviously can, with the support of telecom companies, if required. But there is no fixed TAT or guarantee that the phone may be recovered. So to avoid the headache, cops try to escape from their duty.

Once, a friend of mine had lost his N70 back in 2006, and he had contact of some private trackers who managed to get the work done with their reach/source. They had asked for 50% value of the phone, if it's recovered. And my friend got the phone after 3 or 6 months (don't remember).

So the bottom line is until and unless you have contacts, you just CAN'T get your phone traced.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
finally after contacting the superintendent I got my complain forwarded to cybercell with the help of some known person in the department.
I just hope that imei has not been tampered.

Top Bottom