UPS giving trouble

ajayritik

Technomancer
Problem:
1.Computer restarts whenever there is a voltage fluctuation.
2.Most of the time when power goes computer restarts and gives back up.

I have the APC UPS with me which off late is giving me problems. Whenever power goes the computer restarts there is some kind of sound which leads to the computer getting restarted. Earlier whenever power goes it would have the PC on so that I could turn it off. But now everytime the power goes it seems to restart my PC.

Can you guys suggest what could be the problem?

Last edited:

Rajesh345

Youngling
I 2 had similar prooblem , when power goes , PC reboots auto then i get backup

COntact APC UPS support , they have Best service
I have the APC UPS with me which off late is giving me problems. Whenever power goes the computer restarts there is some kind of sound which leads to the computer getting restarted. Earlier whenever power goes it would have the PC on so that I could turn it off. But now everytime the power goes it seems to restart my PC.

Can you guys suggest what could be the problem?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys this problem has started to haunt me again. Whenever there is a voltage fluctuation the system restarts by itself. When I called the APC Suppor they said that the problem could be with the SMPS. Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated!

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Guys this problem has started to haunt me again. Whenever there is a voltage fluctuation the system restarts by itself. When I called the APC Suppor they said that the problem could be with the SMPS. Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated!

post your pc specs and the model of apc ups...
is ur ups in warranty? when did u buy it and from how many days are you experiencing problem?

ratul

█████████████████
If it's under warranty, call them, their service is quick and good...
btw, do as kARTechnology said, post your pc specs, as i have heard that some PSU's aren't compatible with some APC models, which leads to this type of problem..

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
post your pc specs and the model of apc ups...
is ur ups in warranty? when did u buy it and from how many days are you experiencing problem?
UPS is not under Warrranty and the Model for APC UPS is Back UPS ES 500.
I bought it in 2009. The problem started couple of months back. By Specs what all details you would need to help me?
If it's under warranty, call them, their service is quick and good...
btw, do as kARTechnology said, post your pc specs, as i have heard that some PSU's aren't compatible with some APC models, which leads to this type of problem..
I have been using the same PC for almost 3 years now with the same UPS the only thing is I have added couple of additional HDD's which my cousin says is not good.

love_muddas

Broken In

Can you guys suggest what could be the problem?[/QUOTE

during power cuts if your PC gets restarted and if you can use your PC after the restart using only the UPS backup(during power cuts), then its time to change your old SMPS. and if you cant use your PC during power cuts using your UPS then its time to change the UPS battery or you can buy a new UPS..

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
APC was right about the problem. it is definitely related to the PSU.

True...
Those service engineers who came to replace battery told that *assembled computers* wont work... Only branded(Dell, hcl,etc)
After that they told cheap local PSU won't work properly with APC....

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
APC was right about the problem. it is definitely related to the PSU.
Me adding additional HDD's wouldn't cause this problem right?
Whether its a PSU problem or not, you ARE advised to get a better PSU. ANd post your full config.
What config?
True...
Those service engineers who came to replace battery told that *assembled computers* wont work... Only branded(Dell, hcl,etc)
After that they told cheap local PSU won't work properly with APC....
I see most of the people I know having assembled PC's. This seems to be a vague reason. Infact I have been using an assembled PC for over a decade now.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have the following devices connected
1. One 500 GB SATA HDD
2. Two 250 GB SATA HDD
3. One 80 GB IDE HDD

Apart from this I have USB 3.0 External Card installed as additional add on card.

This problem still continues. If there is even a slightest voltage fluctuation the computer restarts.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
dude,

pls try to understand the problem lies within u:
we are not able to see your PC physically, hence give us as much info as possible regarding it

Processor=
motherboard=
RAM=
SMPS=
HDD=
UPS=

PLS GIVE FULL MAKE & MODEL ,for example:

Processor: INTEL i3 3220, 3.3 Ghz
motherboard: gigabyte B75MD3H
RAM: CORSAIR or GSKILL 1600Mhz
SMPS:Corsair GS600 600w
HDD:SEAGATE or WESTERN DIGITAL SATA /IDE

All the make & model will be given in a SOFTWARE called CPU-Z. Download and install it and then paste the pics of each TAB here so that we can see your PC through those info.

If u r lazy to do all these, HOW CAN U EXPECT US TO HELP YOU

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
*img841.imageshack.us/img841/4171/m1wy.png

*img819.imageshack.us/img819/341/mdka.jpg

*img21.imageshack.us/img21/5917/r8gm.jpg

*img849.imageshack.us/img849/3584/ul0x.jpg

*img32.imageshack.us/img32/7903/byiu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HDD:Seagate all of them
UPS:APC BackUPS ES 500
SMPS:Enter

Guys, I have posted whatever you had asked me.
Can anyone help me now?

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Just power the smps through ups and disconnect all the loads like hdd, motherboard, Gpu and rest which are connected to psu.

If the ups fail then try hooking up only your monitor without the psu with ups. If it still trips then ups is faulty otherwise throw your psu out of your cabinet.

Gollum

Collector
Me adding additional HDD's wouldn't cause this problem right?

What config?

by config they mean to say your desktop computers components
what CPU do you have
hom many Hard drivers
which graphics card is intalled
I would suggest you to buy a new UPS and Power supply for your computer.

Top Bottom