Upgrading Suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I'm usually reluctant to enter into a brand comparision issue because it can easily lead to an unproductive flame war, but I feel that I must insert a cautionary note here.

Maxtor has a rather poor reputation for reliability. So does Samsung compared to Seagate. This does not mean that every Maxtor or Samsung drive is guaranteed to fail within a short time, or that Seagate drives will live forever.

There are individual cases where a Samsung or Maxtor drive lasts for years and years, and other cases where a Seagate drive gave up the ghost in a year or two. But the statistical average seems to be that Seagate drives are the most reliable of all, and Maxtor is just about the worst, with Samsung and Western Digital somewhere in between.

My statement is based partly on my own experience involving a large number of computers, and partly on reading about other people's experiences.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
blade_runner said:
OMG ! grudge who said samsung has more chances of bad sectors !It all depends on the conditions and usage.I have been using samsung drives for quite some time now. No probs till date.
Hmm..., even now i have a Samsung drive... it has 30mb bad sector...

Man most of them have this same problem...
And i have a samsung drives (two of them in fact) which are good, so can i say Samsung drives are good...?
See the below statement....
pimpom said:
My statement is based partly on my own experience involving a large number of computers, and partly on reading about other people's experiences.

@ice, khandu,
It's from US man, rebate sale walla. My cousin has a 250gb HDD for a year and no problem till now.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Phew..

I thought that was indian rate..

lemme get the pricing.. Hmm.. i think might go for seagate as their service is cool in mumbai.. replacement in 72 hrs...

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Now..

What I would like to know is

1) Is there any ASUS or other company Motherboard which supports PCI-E/SLI and the traditional 8x AGP ??? Is it possible ??

Oh and btw.. I did buy the Seagate 160 GB SATA : Rs. 4650 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom