Unofficial Mangalore Meet - Meeting NucleusKore

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
Q : How many people are required for an un-offical ThinkDigit meet ?

A : Two !

Well, it was planned just 1 day before. Called NucleusKore (The Doc in Mangalore who is an active member) at 10.30 night, and told him I am coming to Mangalore on Saturday. Reached there in the morning and he called me back telling he will come to the place where I am. He came within 10 mins. I was expecting a very serious kinda person in his forties.! At least that is the impression I got by reading his posts. And guess what ? A young macho came in his Terminator kinda bike, wearing helmet and said "Hello". A very lively, active and fun loving guy. Only thing I didn't like about him is the age - (I mean hes very young.lol, why on earth only some people get old always and all other guys making fun of them by calling them Uncle ? Thats not fair, let me find some photoshop expert to make him look very old in the photo :D) He took me to the CCD in the town (I am not much into CCDs - do not tell him lol. forgot to mention, every staff in the CCD know him! ). I gave him permission to order whatever he like (I even gave him permission to the pay the bill - wow, very generous indeed).

*c1hqqq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pksVYeCQtMC5TXLW7sBK6R5XfPhyAV5u55kF3ryEdyqt456v-tpgYaphjx1alSiUBFZQDV1SUmGc/neville_and_din_optimized_thumb.jpg

Click on the thumbnail above for a bigger picture. Click here if you can't see the thumbnail

[In the photograph, From left - NucleusKore, coffee, coffee, Din :D]

If the photo is not very good, thats the problem of his HTC Touch. If it looks good, then thats the advantage of my SE K550i (he transferred it to my mobile via bluetooth).

It was really a great time. I was not talking much, but thought I will do a small interview. Asked him how / when he turned into the computer field, how he manage both, I mean two entirely different areas (Doc n Computer field - only other person I know - medpal) etc. He told me about his first PC, 4 GB HDD, Win 95, Paint, days with dial up, meeting a linux guy in IBM ACE Mangalore, using Linux and his experiments and adventures in his Institute. Hes enjoying his profession and at the same time he find time to spend on computers / open source things. Really amazing.

He took his mobile phone and gave that to the CCD guy to take a pic of us. HTC touch which I wanted to buy ! So I bugged him to tell more about it, it's working, the Touchflow and finally he gave it for trying it myself. Even though he said hes not very happy about it and will not recommend it, I liked it (hope I didn't delete some of his contacts lol, again, do not tell him). We spent about 1 hr there and then he dropped me again to my place.

overall it was very nice meeting him and spending time with. Hes the first Digit member I see in real. Quoting Goobi's words, now I know how a Digit forum member look like lol. Sorry if there are more active members from Mangalore,we can sure make another meeting next time. My wife is from Kasargod, so when I come there, I can come to Mangalore too.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Congratulations dinakar.. you visited a doctor and made the doctor pay :D .. thats new , usually its the other way round :D

Just kidding guys :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Speaking of Uncle's, Din is very young too, and as you can see, he writes well. He's a good listener, I can vouch for that.
Here is the picture again, a little fixed up in the GIMP. I think the waiter shook while clicking the photograph. I don't blame him, it's just too damn slow.

*img517.imageshack.us/img517/9764/imag0503cj8.th.jpg*img517.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

goobimama

 Macboy
Dude! I'm half Mangalorean! (Hello? I'm Alvares, remember?).

Anyway, Din doesn't look like an uncle at all, I dont' know why these people keep calling him that.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Q : How many people are required for an un-offical ThinkDigit meet ?

A : Two !
It does really feel nice to meet people whom you know very well but haf never seen them.. prolly even has some kinda weird imagination about the other on this forum!

Congratulations dinakar.. you visited a doctor and made the doctor pay :D .. thats new , usually its the other way round :D

Just kidding guys :D
Haha.. what an observation! :D

Anyway, Din doesn't look like an uncle at all, I dont' know why these people keep calling him that.
Dude.. thats it! You call people who are anything but uncle as "uncles" and those who really are...you say they don't look like one!! Thats plain cheating!

^^atleast we know for sure that by the time you return to bangalore, you will REALLY br an uncle :p

Anyway, nice meet.

I was hoping for a bangalore meet, but the problem is that we have a huge difference in age group, unlike guys at mumbai meet. age here ranges from 14 to 34 :lol:

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey. Digit is not divided by age. Its only divided by Uncles and non-uncles. :) And uncles are the coolest people out here.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Dude.. thats it! You call people who are anything but uncle as "uncles" and those who really are...you say they don't look like one!! Thats plain cheating!

OK. Whatever you say Uncle. :p

And who said there were no uncles in Mumbai meet? There was Goobi Uncle, Mehul Uncle, Manan Uncle, Asfaq Uncle, Preshit Uncle, Sourabh Uncle, Sreeyesh Uncle, Shahab Uncle, Kenshin Uncle. And there was also a Pathik Aunty. :D I was the only young kid there. :p

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Poor Pathik lol.

So the meet had another advantage ;) Now other members say we both are young :D Thats great. lol

What surprised me the most was NucleusKore. He looks EXACTLY like me if you make his face quite a bit younger and reduce the fat a bit and reduce the shade in body colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom