Ubuntu Customization Guide v2..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
CadCrazy said:
@charan thanks for info.
When i start screenlet i get error message " Unable to start or connect deamon. Some of value will not be displayed correctly".How to get rid of this error

I get the same error, how to fix it?

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
^^^
From ubuntuforums: this fix worked for me
Start CCSM (System->Preferences->Advanced Desktop Effect Settings), enable the "Regex Matching"-plugin and the "Widget Layer"-plugin. Click on the Widget Layer plugin and choose the "Behaviour"-tab. In the "Widget Windows"-box enter "name=Screenlet.py" (Without quotes).

CadCrazy

in search of myself
One more problem. Whenever i enable new screenlet i am getting multiple instances of screenlets(because i messed up with some setting) and if i choose to exit one instances, each one is closed.Also if press show desktop button with no other window open , screenlets disappear. Plz help

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
^^^
Right click on a screenlet. Go to Propertires->Options
there are many options over there for customising the behaviour of widgets

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Navigate to /home/<User Name>/.config/Screenlets open the folder of the screenlet that is showing more than 1 delete multiple .ini files and keep only 1 .ini file :) That will do the trick :)

CadCrazy

in search of myself
And what about my second query i.e. if i press show desktop button all the screnlets disappear

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ Already tried not working

Ok here s my friend's desktop

*img144.imageshack.us/img144/7552/screenshotdr4.th.png

I have few more questions.
How to align all the disk and folder shortcuts on the desktop to right side.
How to make computer shortcut to remain always above of all shortcuts.If i do it manually , it move to bottom after i choose cleanup by name.
The icons on avant windows navigator i.e. firefox,terminal, file navigator does not blend well with the theme.
How to make top bar transparent as the one shown by Shashwat.

Answer these questions.Soon i'll come with some more

Last edited:
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ 1. Just drag them where you want to place them.
2. Clean up by name will not let you do that so do not use that :p
3. I did not get please post the screenshot !!!
4. Right click on the panel select properties under Background Tab use Sloid Colour and adjust the Transparency you want ;)

Hope its done :D

CadCrazy

in search of myself
First of all thank you very much.

Dark Star said:
^^
3. I did not get please post the screenshot !!!
It is very much in screenshot i posted above. Compare your awn icons & my , you'll see the diff.After applying the mac icons all icons have been changed except those displayed on awn(see the screenshoot). Your firefox icon is different, terminal icon is different.

Can i keep close,minimize and restore buttons on right side of window as it is somewhat confusing right now

Also this previous question
if i press show desktop button all the screnlets disappear. How to make them always appear on desktop like vista and always below any other open window

Last edited:

gauravsuneja

macaddict
Installation instructions for Ubuntu users (Edgy Eft/Feisty Fawn/Gutsy Gibbon)

Goto System-> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager and open up Settings -> Repositories. In the tab 'Third-Party Software' press the 'Add' button. In the dialog window enter one of these lines:

deb *download.tuxfamily.org/screenlets edgy screenlets
deb *download.tuxfamily.org/screenlets feisty screenlets
deb *download.tuxfamily.org/screenlets gutsy screenlets

depending on your version of Ubuntu. Close Synaptic Package Manager. Then press alt+F2 and in the dialog enter:

wget *download.tuxfamily.org/screenlets/hendrikkaju.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

After pressing the 'reload' button in the Synaptic Package Manager you should find the package named 'screenlets' in the list. Mark it for installation and apply! Ready you are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom