Ubuntu Customization Guide v2..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
@ adi First of all don't use large font. It seems as if you are screaming.I'll try to provide offline packages for it as soon as i get some time for experiments.

After customizing my desktop to Mac Leopard, I am not able to get rid of this theme. Even if i change theme to clearlook , i am not able to get it back. Also i changed cursor to small red type and now its also became permanent even if change it to default. Whats wrong ??????????

praka123

left this forum longback
CadCrazy said:
After customizing my desktop to Mac Leopard, I am not able to get rid of this theme. Even if i change theme to clearlook , i am not able to get it back. Also i changed cursor to small red type and now its also became permanent even if change it to default. Whats wrong ??????????
that means ur other themes installed via apt/synaptic are corrupted by having some icons missing etc.for that(gui method) go to synaptic manager and mark all those themes there like gtk2-engines-clearlooks for reinstall reinstalling will help getting things correct.
for cursor problem,install package galternatives and mark the correct theme(default or whatever u prefer) for use :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
CadCrazy said:
@ adi First of all don't use large font. It seems as if you are screaming.I'll try to provide offline packages for it as soon as i get some time for experiments.

I guess you are changing theme from Windows Border .. Change the theme from Control :p *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/3491/Screenshot-1.png

Guide edited ,, Added new Screenlets link and new Peace Customization Icon with new SS ;)

Last edited:

CadCrazy

in search of myself
No i am changed the theme not customized it

Installed awm. It is very much in the menu but when i click on it nothing is happening. Reinstalled still same story

What is the meaning of this command
wget *download.tuxfamily.org/syzygy42/reacocard.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
How do I use it on Mint? I want to convert my MInt UI to that of Mac. I installed emerald via synaptic but how do i "Apply" emerald themes?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
How do I use it on Mint? I want to convert my MInt UI to that of Mac. I installed emerald via synaptic but how do i "Apply" emerald themes?
after launching compiz

press Alt-F2
enter this command
emerald --replace
or

run a terminal
enter
emerald --replace &
then apply any theme by clicking on it (there is no apply button)

get more themes from
www.gnomelook.org

MacforLin
*www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Mac4Lin+Leopard+Emerald+Theme?content=68409
T-ish theme
*www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/T-ish+borders+for+Compiz?content=42786
Vista-glow
*www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Vista+Glow?content=46860
Leopard
*www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Leopard?content=44814

to rwevert back to old gnome theme

press Alt+F2
enter
gtk-window-decorator --replace

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Emerald has been applied & now I get the minimize close buttons on the left hand side.

I also applied Leopard icons.

What about Widgets? I m installing screen lets right now, let's see if they work.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
infra_red_dude said:
You can also install the package: gDesklets from Synaptic for widgets.
Why are you so obsessed with gdesklets even I can see atleast 1 in your screen shot :p

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Lolz.. I'm not obsessed with "gDesklets". Just mentioned. Another alternative is aDesklets.

BTW, which screenshot did you see them? I don't use them (except once I guess when I posted in the Desktop screenshot thread).

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ho I missed this thread. This can easily be the top Guide posted here in digit Forum :D. 5 Stars Given.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Ok at last awn is working for me. Can you plz tell me how to automatically start avant window navigator everytime system is started.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
CadCrazy said:
Ok at last awn is working for me. Can you plz tell me how to automatically start avant window navigator everytime system is started.
Goto System> Preferences>Sessions , and add a new entry as "avant-window-navigator" and you are done ;)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Your Guide V1 is still lost in all the threads: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61020

I think both of them should be a sticky!!

CadCrazy

in search of myself
@charan thanks for info.
When i start screenlet i get error message " Unable to start or connect deamon. Some of value will not be displayed correctly".How to get rid of this error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom