Ubuntu Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Hello All,Yesterday i received my copy of The Debian System-Concepts and Techniques by Krafft.I got the European Edition published by Open Source Press,not the No Starch press edition

OP
M

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@prakash Yeah that's the one that is available. Me and anurag got that one too.
Nitish you will have to search the bookstores there or order online.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
There you go, a Happy @Prakash with the book "The Debian System-concepts & Techniques".

@Nitish, you can order the "Ubuntu Book" from Shroff Publishers. Just send a email
to them. They will send you the book by VPP.

Satissh S

Youngling
@prakash,anurag,mehul,jguru: Enjoy the book, send me a copy if youve finished it. ;-)

@nitish: Books are simply not enough, you learn a lot in breaking stuffs and putting it back. My suggestion is to give a gentoo/lfs install a try when u have free time. You may fail first time, second.. third, but the understanding of UNIX and linux it gives you in unmatchable, one that none of those books or other distros will give you.

Be prepared to read a lot, Gentoo Handbook , The Linux From Scratch book should be your references should you get stuck at some point. If you are still afraid/unwilling to try what i said above, install slackware and read the slackbook, It will stand you in good stead. Start loving the command line if you want to do well with GNU.

No Pain , No Gain.

References:
1. Gentoo Handbook: *www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml
2. LFS, BLFS , ALFS : *www.linuxfromscratch.org/
3. Slackbook : *www.slackbook.org/

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
hi friends , I have linux as a subject this sem and I cudnt find some topics in any book locally available and on the internet. Please help me with some links to books containing these topics / webpages having some of those topics. The topics are:

Linux computational clusters
Overview of linux clusters and clusterng tools ; high performance computational clusters ;message passing interface(MPI) for parallel programming ;MPI compilation and installation ; scheduling and queue systems ,sun grid engine (SGE); cluster management tools .

A sub topic DMZ in main topic linux security.

Light weight directory access protocol(LDAP)
overview of the unix authentication and naming services; introduction toLDAP; domain component(DC), organisational unit(OU), common names, schemas, ldif format , services, ports and commands ; server and client sides; open LDAP installation and configuration;LDAP Applications

please help me out guys.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
This may help in computational clustering

*lcic.org/documentation.html

and about LDAP

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Directory_Access_Protocol
*www.kingsmountain.com/ldapRoadmap.shtml

OP
M

mehulved

Satissh S said:
@prakash,anurag,mehul,jguru: Enjoy the book, send me a copy if youve finished it. ;-)

@nitish: Books are simply not enough, you learn a lot in breaking stuffs and putting it back. My suggestion is to give a gentoo/lfs install a try when u have free time. You may fail first time, second.. third, but the understanding of UNIX and linux it gives you in unmatchable, one that none of those books or other distros will give you.

Be prepared to read a lot, Gentoo Handbook , The Linux From Scratch book should be your references should you get stuck at some point. If you are still afraid/unwilling to try what i said above, install slackware and read the slackbook, It will stand you in good stead. Start loving the command line if you want to do well with GNU.

No Pain , No Gain.

References:
1. Gentoo Handbook: *www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml
2. LFS, BLFS , ALFS : *www.linuxfromscratch.org/
3. Slackbook : *www.slackbook.org/
Then add DIY Linux too - *www.diy-linux.org/

praka123

left this forum longback
GNUrag said:
Mooooo!!
the cow one is for india :D
@techfuture:but we got Open Source Press version na?kuch garbar jaroor Hai!
about:the debian system book by Krafft

OP
M

mehulved

Yeah I don't know why is it such but that's the same book Anurag got too, AFAIK. I don't know why is the Open Source Press edition only available. In fact from where I bought they told me that the other one hasn't even come in India.
Strange!

vinutux

Broken In
ther is a book called ubuntu bible but only availabe in 2007 jan stores check the bible series of willey publications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom