TUTORIAL: How to Add Aero ON / OFF Shortcuts in Desktop and My Computer Context Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Whenever you want to turn Aero ON or OFF, you have to do it either from Desktop Properties or from System properties. But did you know there is a very easy shortcut to do it within seconds?

Here are 2 commands to turn Aero ON / OFF which are used by Vista OS:

Command to Turn Aero ON: Rundll32 dwmApi #102

Command to Turn Aero OFF: Rundll32 dwmApi #104

You can give the commands in RUN dialog box or Startmenu Searchbox. You can also create their shortcuts on Desktop or Quick Launch or wherever you want. It can become quite handy in lots of situations like a software has disabled Aero because it was not compatible with Aero or if you are running out of battery in your laptop, etc.

You can also add these commands in Desktop context menu or My Computer context menu. e.g. when you’ll right-click on Desktop or My Computer icon, you’ll find the shortcuts of “Aero ON” and “Aero OFF” there. You can read the step-by-step tutorial here.

Screenshots:

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/2525/desktoppf1.png

*img221.imageshack.us/img221/7686/computerep1.png

jal_desai

In the zone
need i say tht u r excellent... :) .. how much time in a day u spent by goofing around with the pc? i really need to know now.. :D

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Thnx VG ! Useful Trick ! ;)

jal_desai said:
need i say tht u r excellent... :) .. how much time in a day u spent by goofing around with the pc? i really need to know now.. :D
me too , really wanna know ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Re: TUTORIAL: How to Add Aero ON / OFF Shortcuts in Desktop and My Computer Context M

Vishal Gupta said:
heh. Thanks a lot guys. I usually spent 8-10 hours daily on my system. :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
How do u manage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom