Turbo C/C++ and other junk compilers help, discussions and queries here

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
Re: turbo c not working on windows 7

guys as we all know that we have been using the turbo c software and been writing c programs in a blue type screen since years. But the turbo c compiler is not working on the latest os that is windows 7.

plz guys suggest a sufficient and strong reason to support this.
if not suggest me another compiler..........

Turbo C won't work in Windows 7 64-bit [as it isn't compatible with 16-bit programs] but would work in 32-bit...

As for an alternative C compiler...I'm a BE CSE student and I'm using Code::Blocks with the mingw gcc compiler... It's basically the same as Turbo C except some statements...It follows the GCC syntax (the proper ANSI C syntax) and if you can go through it, it's very good... :)

TSPatange_1309

Tech Freak Digitian.
how to open .txt file in turbo c++

Hey Hello Guyzz...:sad:I hav one programming query...!:sad: I am using turbo C++ in Win. Xp...the directory of TC is C:\Program Files\TC...I want to execute one program in TC...but its too big..! Thats y i copy-paste that program in notepad file as .txt...in BIN directory (C:\Program Files\TC\BIN)...Now i want to open that txt file in C...so first i open TC > File > Open....The name of my txt file is addons.txt...so i wrote C:\Program Files\TC\BIN\addons.txt in textbox...but after hitting enter just blank blue (default) screen is appearing again and again...its not opening in C...how to open it??? Plzz help me...!
Ryte now i am :arrow::arrow::arrow::shock:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Re: how to open .txt file in turbo c++

So basically that .txt file contains C program right??

Just name that file as xxx.cpp(For C++) / xxx.c(For C) instead of xxx.txt

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

C+ would have open the file, if you had input right filename, with right path.
So, when you click File -> Open, you should put *.txt in open dialog text box, this will allow you to select any .txt file inside the folders.

But, even if the file open, you can't compile it, since it would be a text file. So you would have to save as, it as a .cpp file.

So, in conclusion, you should have not saved the file as .txt in the first place. You can save it as a .cpp file in notepad itself. But do that selecting, "All files", under "Save as Type".

nims11

BIOS Terminator

dont use turbo c++. :D just kidding. do as krishnandu said!

sagarb

Right off the assembly line
Turbo C problem

Hi Friends,

I'm a student of Information Technology(I.T.) I own a laptop. Dell Inspirion N5010. Its configuration is as follows:-
4GB Ram
500GB Hard Disk
Intel Core i5 M460 @ 2.53GHz (turbo boost upto 2.8GHz)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
1GB Graphics Card.

My problem is that I can't run Turbo C and Turbo C++ on my system. I use Oracle Virtual Box and then run Turbo C & C++ in Windows XP Professional.

When I run a program of Bresenham's Algorithm, it doesn't give me any error when I press Ctrl+F9 and Alt+F9. But, when I try to run the program from the Run Option. I t gives me error.

There's no error in the coding of the program. I ran it successfully in my college's PC which have Windows XP as an OS.

Please help me out of this as my exams are approaching and I'm not able to practice despite of having my own system.

Sagar :-(

Neuron

Electronic.
Re: Turbo C problem

Could be a problem with the virtual environment.Use some other compilers like Microsoft Visual C++

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: Turbo C/C++ and other junk compilers discussions here

^ He is doing Graphics Programming and sadly he is stuck.

@Sagarb, First of all you need to run the TC IDE FULL SCREEN.

Make sure you enable the graphics libraries.

haha! I liked the name of this thread! "..other JUNK compilers" :-D

BTW, Ontopic:
@sagarb: You should provide the appropriate error messages and/or screen-shots, so that we can debug your error.

anderson108

Right off the assembly line
Re: Turbo C/C++ and other junk compilers discussions here

hey all,
m learnin c++...i wantd to ask wat is the role og "getch()" in a program.....
i mean most of the programs mentioned in buks nd even on websites don't have a "getch" wriiten before closing main()....but i hv seen dat to get d desired result....i always have to add dis......

why is dis so?? nd is it necessary????

Hey friend Getch(); is used for a program which is modified like that it doesn`t returnany value.
it`s declaration is like :
void main()
here void is the return type .It shows that the current program doesn`t return any value.
i will show you a simple program compiled with Turbo c++:

#include<iostream.h>
#include<conio.h>
void main()
{
clrscr();
cout<<"HELLO";
getch();
}

if now you have any question __ please ask me!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

shiwa436

Broken In
Re: Post your C/C++ Programs Here

Do the following program prints the output 'hello'

void main()
{
if(printf("hello"))
}

somulesnar

Journeyman
Turbo c not working on windows 7

HII fellas

My turbo c is not working on full screen in windows 7 64 bit?
however it is working properly in small size window
plz help me to sort out this problem
if i press alt+enter it produce full screen but working of c stops it hangs up
and nothing works at that time

I want u guys to help me out find a better compiler for windows 7....

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Re: Turbo c not working on windows 7

Read this guide : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/programming/132924-c-c-beginners-guide-post-basic-questions-here.html

I really don't recommend using Turbo C. Why??? Read that guide I posted above.

And if you really don't have any option, use Doxbox : DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
Re: Turbo c not working on windows 7

I too have the same problem but i dont see any solution to it.. :-/
And i suppose u need Turbo C because it is used in your CS classes, if i'am right :D
Same scenario is with me mate

Top Bottom