Trai recommendation on minimum broadband speed expected soon

Flash

Lost in speed
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) is expected to shortly come out with its recommendations on redefining the minimum broadband speed to 2 mbps from the current level of 512 kbps.

The department of telecommunications (DoT) had in July 2014 notified the minimum broadband speed by changing the new definition of broadband, by raising the broadband speed to 512 kbps from the earlier 256 kbps. Initially in July 2009, Trai had recommended that DoT should make it mandatory for broadband speed to be 2 mbps.

Sources saidTrai is also giving final touches to its recommendations on right of way (RoW) for telecom service providers which will help in laying the optic fibre for wireline services like broadband and FTTH services connecting every home with the optic fibre network, which would eventually minimise reliance on deficient spectrum, largely used for mobile services.

Source: Trai recommendation on minimum broadband speed expected soon | The Financial Express

Let's hope. :pray:

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
2MBps? Trai must be joking.

How will broadband companies sell there faster plans if the lowest plan is going to be 2MB/sec.

****tel will buy all the TRAI babus become something like that would happen.

satinder

DELHIITE
Already MTNL has done this from 1 October 2015.
As announced earlier

Others have to follow.
Or next big thing can't be done !

*www.digit.in/forum/technology-news/194785-bsnl-broadband-offer-minimum-internet-speed-2mbps.html

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Already MTNL has done this from 1 October 2015.
As announced earlier

Others have to follow.
Or next big thing can't be done !

FUP crap still exists and speeds are still 512 kbps post FUP. TRAI and DoT should make 4 mbps as a bare minimum when a country like Bangladesh made 2 mbps mandatory.

satinder

DELHIITE
They will do this when market will be flooded with 4G speed dongles giving good speeds.

Every country has own way of doing things.
Min speed of 512kbps was pending for long time. It was done last year only.
But companies will do this in terms with market growth only,
Not according to us.
This is a market /business strategy.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
They will do this when market will be flooded with 4G speed dongles giving good speeds.

Not according to us.

Modi want to expand India's scope of growth but he forgot the most basic in terms of telecommunication. Stupid Govt.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

Not according to us.

unfortunately, yep

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
India is not a developed nation ...a mere third world country full of corruption and inefficient people at top level , whatever govt we chose the result remains same .We should be satisfied for what we are getting , expecting too much can lead to disappointment

I happy with 1 mbps unlimited MTNL delhi broadband with frequent disconnections

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
India is not a developed nation ...a mere third world country full of corruption and inefficient people at top level , whatever govt we chose the result remains same .We should be satisfied for what we are getting , expecting too much can lead to disappointment

I am not with my 512kbps post FUP. Cannot do things simultaneously despite having a good computer. If I download something, browsing suffers.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

The problem with Indians is that they are satisfied. There can only be progress if we are unsatisfied with what we have. Very few of us are unsatisfied which is like 0% of the Indian population if rounded off. If at-least 50% of the population is unsatisfied then there will definitely be progress. Then again Ignorance is bliss for most Indians.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
2Mbps MTNL no FUP

I only understood this FUP problem when I was in Bangalore
filed a grievance to BSNL in Bangalore about how students just cannot work with these speeds

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Oh, come on. This is 2015. Most of the outsourcing works are happening here in India via Companies/SOHOs/Freelancers which is solely based on Internet.
Still clinging onto the kbps for minimum speed, pulls India a step backward.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
The problem with Indians is that they are satisfied. There can only be progress if we are unsatisfied with what we have. Very few of us are unsatisfied which is like 0% of the Indian population if rounded off. If at-least 50% of the population is unsatisfied then there will definitely be progress. Then again Ignorance is bliss for most Indians.

We the general populace of India are like herds of cattle,whatever is being fed to us we swallow and try to digest...despite how hard or disgusting it might be.

Leaving aside the @TDF members or those who at least own a device that supports networking/internet, the bigger part of the general population never cares about Broadband or computing or devices.
So,the ISP's + Govt. + Bureaucracy + Politicians + Shoddy Business Practices + ...+ APATHY will always be an impending doom for us,no matter whoever rules the roost of power.

Top Bottom