Top Notch Allrounder at 28k

Rohitt

Broken In
Dear All,

I am planning to purchase a mobile phone.

Requirement:

a) Excellent Music as good as W995 (3.5mm jack)
b) Top Notch Camera like C905 or N8
c) I am crazy about Social Networking
d) Large Screen
e) Excellent battery backup & Talk time
f) Crisp & awesome display
g) Excellent Call Clarity is very important with very loud speaker

Budget:

My eyes are on
a) Nokia N900
b) Nokia N8
C) Motorola Milestone
d) Motorola Droid

Brand Preferred
NOKIA
SONY ERICSSON
HTC
MOTOROLA

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Of the given options i suggest you also check out the xperia X10. It has a brilliant cam with HD recording coming next month, awesome sound quality,large screen, great battery backup and Android 2.1 coming next month too.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I'd suggest you have a look at Samsung Galaxy S. Best screen, fastest Processor/GPU, good battery life, good Cam, excellent sound quality.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@rohitt if you can wait for a month or so, wait for gsm version of Droid x. This phone is a successor to Droid aka milestone and is a beast.

4.3" super amoled display
Two microphones to cancel noise and one microphone for voice. This results in crystal clear call voice
Min usb and mini hdmi out
8mp camera with 720p video recording, dual led flash
8gb internal storage

If its urgent, Samsung galaxy s is your best bet. Do remember that galaxy s doesn't have flash but does 720p video and it is another extremely powerful and capable phone.

OP
R

Rohitt

Broken In
@rohitt if you can wait for a month or so, wait for gsm version of Droid x. This phone is a successor to Droid aka milestone and is a beast.

4.3" super amoled display
Two microphones to cancel noise and one microphone for voice. This results in crystal clear call voice
Min usb and mini hdmi out
8mp camera with 720p video recording, dual led flash
8gb internal storage

@desibond Dude are u talking about
Motorola MILESTONE XT720

Well how much would it cost? How would be the sound quality and camera (Don't think it wud be better than N8)

What do you have to say about N8 and HTC Evo?
I simply want the best.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@desibond Dude are u talking about
Motorola MILESTONE XT720

Well how much would it cost? How would be the sound quality and camera (Don't think it wud be better than N8)

What do you have to say about N8 and HTC Evo?
I simply want the best.

nah. was talking about this one :

Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless

Nokia, in the case of N8 is trying to put more spotlight on camera and hide all other features and the UI. The reason is that the UI, Symbian^3 is S60 with few changes here and there. If you want a camera phone and not interested in other things, N8 is a decent option. Not to forget that N8 is pretty weak when compared to newer Android phones in terms of processing power. an ARM 11 CPU and 256MB ram is big no for heavy multitasking.

HTC Evo is useful only if you have a 4G network. It's not yet released in India and Samsung Galaxy S is a very good alternative for Evo in India.

Right now, in India, Samsung Galaxy S is the best phone for 28k budget.

these videos shows how good this phone is:

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S Nova gameplay on i9000XXJF5 Firmware (game not available in Indian android market)
YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S Nova gameplay on i9000XXJF5 Firmware
YouTube - Samsung Widget on Galaxy S
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3QwvMsBGjE

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Is galaxy s available?

yes. in very few stores. selling at 28k INR.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah Samsung galaxy beats Nokia N8 on processing power, UI and availability of softwares

But Camera of N8 is definitely good.

Yesterday Yogi_77 posted this comparison link on twitter just check it out

*bit.ly/auBECN

N8 beats galaxy S on all the graphic benchmarks..So N8 have better Graphic chip then Galaxy S:)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yaah Samsung galaxy beats Nokia N8 on processing power, UI and availability of softwares

But Camera of N8 is definitely good.

Yesterday Yogi_77 posted this comparison link on twitter just check it out

*bit.ly/auBECN

N8 beats galaxy S on all the graphic benchmarks..So N8 have better Graphic chip then Galaxy S:)

wow. this definitely is interesting. Thanks for the link :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I was also betting on N8 until I came to know that N8 will be the last N series handset having Symbian OS. Second point which makes me hesitant towards is that Symbian ^3 is a new OS/technology. We should not go after it until it proves itself in the market. Slow performance of N8 is another valid point.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Most people have tendency to make such comparisons (some even go at length of saying Win7 is more garnished Vista etc. etc.) but reality is very different. The companies do not want to disappoint their niche consumers thus most of the UI is kept similar but making overhaul changes in the backend.
I cannot comment on Symbian^3 (although I have read a lot about it on its official site too) but I brought Windows in here because I know that for sure (I work on MS technologies).

Now-As I ditched N8, is there any option in Android which gives me near-similar experience of the handset, i.e. capacitive touchscreen,accelerometer,magnetometer,dual camera (front cam for video chat),high resolution camera,high memory (doesn't matter if it is internal/external)...I think Galaxy S catches this description. What about Evo?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Most people have tendency to make such comparisons (some even go at length of saying Win7 is more garnished Vista etc. etc.) but reality is very different. The companies do not want to disappoint their niche consumers thus most of the UI is kept similar but making overhaul changes in the backend.
I cannot comment on Symbian^3 (although I have read a lot about it on its official site too) but I brought Windows in here because I know that for sure (I work on MS technologies).

Now-As I ditched N8, is there any option in Android which gives me near-similar experience of the handset, i.e. capacitive touchscreen,accelerometer,magnetometer,dual camera (front cam for video chat),high resolution camera,high memory (doesn't matter if it is internal/external)...I think Galaxy S catches this description. What about Evo?

These are the best phones that are already released in India:

1) HTC HD2 (no front camera)
2) Samsung Galaxy S
3) Motorola milestone (no front camera)

available in India but not officially:

1) Google Nexus One
2) HTC Desire

Also, if you are okay with using CDMA network and can get locked phones from USA and get them unlocked, check the Droid phones on verizon like

verizon Droid incredible
Droid X

OP
R

Rohitt

Broken In

2) Samsung Galaxy S

1) Google Nexus One
2) HTC Desire

@desiibond What are your views on Sony Ericsson X10?
@dreamcatcher I wont ask you this one as i know the answer:grin:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
You wont get a proper answer here regarding the X10 anyway. If you ask me(m answering anyway.. :D), it has all the bells and whistles to occupy you. Great cam coming up with HD recording(continuous autofocus), fast UI, large screen, great battery backup,etc etc. The mew update released just recently makes the phone a real good buy.
But of coz, its upto you. The only gripe with the X10 is that it uses Android 1.6 while the others use Android 2.0+. Trust me, to the normal user that isnt a problem at all. Now its upto you to decide. :)

The X10 will get the 2.1 update in a months time, since SE officially declared the introduction of 2.1 and it starts today. :)
If you still want to put 2.2 in your phone, you an always root it. :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Samsung Galaxy S' camera is not good tbf. I used it yesterday itself. Nevertheless, a very good fone.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

2) Samsung Galaxy S

1) Google Nexus One
2) HTC Desire

@desiibond What are your views on Sony Ericsson X10?
@dreamcatcher I wont ask you this one as i know the answer:grin:

X10 is a decent phone but there are better alternatives to this. The main issue is that it is still on 1.6 (Donut) while Nexus One is already moving to 2.2 (Froyo). Froyo is termed as a very good release as it has focussed on performance improvements and fine tuning the OS. And this has showed in recent benchmarks like JIT. X10 on the other hand is getting 2.1 sometime in August by which time, we will see more phones with 2.2.

If you compare X10 with Samsung Galaxy S, it is beated in everything except in camera. And GS is 2-3k cheaper than X10.

GS has better display, it's thinner and lighter which helps given the size of display,better display, 16M colors (65k restriction for X10 due to the use of Donut) more storage, bigger RAM and ROM, 802.11n, bluetooth 3 (doesn't matter anyways), better battery life, set to get Froyo in near future (donno when).

areas where X10 scores is

camera
look
SE's UI looks better than touchwiz's UI. though heard some really good things about touchwiz 3.

Remember, like ico said, Galaxy S is not a phone for those who prefer camera over everything else. That group of people should wait for Nokia N8.

Last edited:
Top Bottom