TOO HOT NEED COOLING DEVICES

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
nah,mine is not OC'ed and i wud not even dream of doing it on stock coolers..!!

iam thinking of getting thermaltake big typhoon frm US,and only after that will play with it!!

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hey grinning_devil , although thermaltake big typhoon is great ..but

zalman cnps 9500 led or 9700 led is not that bad .. :lol: ...so do consider those ..

and ymhatre .. looking at those temp, ur a lucky chap ..
since ur temp are low .. u can try some oc .. and between blue ice and arctic silver.. get blue ice as it will keep the temp on the northbridge in check .. but first do check abt its availibility .. :?:

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
grinning_devil said:
availability as well as ur mobo...see if the heat sink is not soldered onto the board !!
I didnt understood wht u said...
i myself assembled my mobo... n there was no soldering in tht......
please quote on this...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
ur mobo is based on ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 ..
cooler master advises not to install blue ice on the chipsets with integrated graphics .. also these integrated graphics chipsets dont overclock too well traditionally as they also burden the load of graphics .. r u using a seprate graphics card or onboard graphics ?

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
buddy , dont worry .. i personally think there should not be a problem ..

just that a read somewhere (dont remember exactly) that its not to be used with chipsets having integrated graphics .. but any ways u can confirm this with the personel from matrix 3d infocom ..

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Nothing serious in its installation mayank...
have a look on installation pics for coolermasters blue ice..

*www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/heatsinks/coolermaster/BlueIce/index.htm

difficulty rating is given as 4 out of 10

darklord

Cyborg Agent
"usually comes with the processor fan fixed on to the heatsink"

Well that goes without saying,I have never encountered a situation right from my P3 days where i had to install the fan on the heatsink :wink:

So considering this fact your comment seems a bit foolish to me. :p

There is a vast difference between a TERMAL PAD and a Thermal Paste. Both work differently.

^^ Thats your comment.Well they are in different physical form BUT they both do the MAIN function of transfering heat from the CPU IHS to the Heatsink.So how is there a VAST difference in their working? Thats my question. :wink:

They created Thermal PAD specially for this Processor type.

You are sadly mistaken,thermal pads have been used for a long time before the Prescott was even launched,so theoritically,Intel didnt invent the Thermal Pad if thats what you are trying to suggest here.

Thermal Pads are generally provided with the Heatsink keeping in mind the ease of installation.IF it was given in the thermal paste form,there is a chance that certain people would mess it up while installation due to lack of prio knowledge. :)

I again ask you to do the experiment yourself see the difference before you comment on such things.

My statements are based on personal experience,so relax,dont worry about that. :wink:

Instead of applying Thermal PAD while installing an LGA based Processor, apply the ordinary Thermal Paste which we use for the Socket 478 processor, you will yourself discover the difference.

Done that,didnt see any major difference. :wink:

Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)

From AS site,
Well it goes without saying that after installing the CPU in socket, you apply a small drop of AS5 in the centre of the CPU IHS which is a metal plate.I dont see how it would damage any pins,unless the user is really messy to screw up while application of AS5. :)

Absolute Stability:
Arctic Silver 5 will not separate, run, migrate, or bleed.

That means that the AS5 SUBSTANCE wont disintegrate into its ingredients .That doesnt mean that it will act as adhesive in between the CPU IHS and the heatsink.

:?

Performance:
3 to 12 degrees centigrade lower CPU full load core temperatures than standard thermal compounds or thermal pads when measured with a calibrated thermal diode imbedded in the CPU core.

the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period

its what THEY say, i am speaking after personal experience.

Even though Arctic Silver thermal compound is specifically engineered for high electrical resistance, you should keep the compound away from processor, memory, and motherboard traces and pins.
I guess i have made my stand clear above. :wink:

Thermal pads are made with paraffin wax that melts once it gets hot. When it melts, it will fill in the microscopic valleys in the heatsink with wax

Its one of its physical properties.It DOES not have any connection with the main function of heat transfer.

:wink:

Oh yes! besides, the training, all companies provides training to there dealers. So, I got the training understood.

Well even though i am not a dealer,i have attended these technical workshops from AMD many times,so relax.I know how they train,they do it very professionally but then not all people present there can comprehend what exactly the guy giving the demonstration is trying to tell. :wink:

I hope you have got the real outlook of my questions and that should have convinced you till now that i am not dumb enough not to understand simple english. :wink:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Shld i go for thermal paste... or shld i fix new heatsink(blue Ice) or shld i add abt four fans to this cabinet...

Wait dont jump to get a new cooler,the stock cooler provided by Intel is very good.
Remove it,apply AS5 and then again install it.Also no need to change the chipset cooler.I assume you have the Asus RD1-VM board,its ATI Chipset and doesnt heat. :wink:

My sole purpose is to overclock my intel 2.66 to say abt 3/3.2 GHz

Thats pretty easy,not a big thing to achieve.

wiht out much inscrease in temperaure...

Hmmm now that isnt exactly easy but you should be good enough for benching purposes.
24x7 use isnt recommended.
For that get a better cooler.
Think about it is it really necessary,what is it that you cant do @ 2.66GHz ? :wink:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@ymhatre: You getting it wrong dude! I never meant that you are lying.. I just said thats great for a prescott! Amazing! No hard feelings dude!

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Guys finally i overclocked my Pc without any stuff....
theres no major difference in the temperatue....
from 39c now its around 40 c...
Even when i ran SP2004 the temperature went till 47c ... i ran SP2004 for abt 20 min n it was stable...
For first step frm 2.66 - 2.8 is fine... tht too without any cooling device added...
i was able to see the difference in FPS in NFSMW...
before overclocking it used to slow down in tunnels or places where theres extreme light...
But now it all working fine...
BUt still i would add cooling devices... to reduce the temperature...
probably i would go for artic silver n 5 fans[local brand]
Guys can u please tell me where would i get Artic silver....
Also i hav one doubt... though this doubt doesnt match with the topic...
In our SMPS theres AC out provided for monitors..
Shld we take power supply frm tht or we shld go for external supply for monitors...
will going for external supply for monitors reduce the pressure of SMPS...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
never use the output from the smps for the monitors .. never never .... it ll put a real high load on ur smps and ur system may crash due to this.

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
mohit said:
never use the output from the smps for the monitors .. never never .... it ll put a real high load on ur smps and ur system may crash due to this.
thnx
mohit then u mean we shld take it frm external source...
actually this is wht i did while overclocking my rig..
first it was frm SMPs but during overclocking i connected my monitor to external source...
Did i did the right thing...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
yep ....always use the external source for powering the monitor .. connect the monitor directly to the UPS or the mains and never connect i to the smps .. this should be done even while not overclocking.

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
GUys im not able to get Artic Silver....
Please help me out...
Bought 5 fans of each 40 rs...
Connected 2 infront(inlet) 1 in side(inlet)
2 in rear ( outlet)
DID right thing ????
Now the temperature in side is around 37- 38c...

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
hmmm.....it is easily available down here, in Nehru Palace. Look out for others like OCZ,thermaltake e.t.c.
And regarding fans do connect them in such a way that, they can blow out and blow in the air inside your cabintet.
Simply do this by attaching fans from the other side/opposite side and vice versa. Thats it.

Yeah that is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom