TOO HOT NEED COOLING DEVICES

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrux

In the zone
ymhatre said:
GUys im not able to get Artic Silver....
Please help me out...
Bought 5 fans of each 40 rs...
Connected 2 infront(inlet) 1 in side(inlet)
2 in rear ( outlet)
DID right thing ????
Now the temperature in side is around 37- 38c...

Do you have an AC running in your room ? As somebody suggested , its risky to go for inlet fans without an AC

One more thing.. where do u poeple cut the chasis to fit in the fans ?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
2 points...
1. AC is not mandatory!

2. Cutting of cabinets is not needed(if the cabinet already has space for attaching fans)

So before u buy a new cabinet do look out for :
Front side intake fan space
Rear Hot Air Outlet Fan Space just below SMPS
Optional:
Side Panel Intake Fan space
Chimney (on top of cabinet for outlet)

Eazy

Journeyman
ymhatre said:
Please help me out...

The Indian importer of Artic Silver 5 is in Mumbai - Prime ABGB at Lamington Road. Phone them at - 2389 6600 or EMAIL: "meenal more" <meenal@primeabgb.com>

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
cyrux said:
ymhatre said:
Please help me out...
Bought 5 fans of each 40 rs...
Connected 2 infront(inlet) 1 in side(inlet)
2 in rear ( outlet)
DID right thing ????
Now the temperature in side is around 37- 38c...

Do you have an AC running in your room ? As somebody suggested , its risky to go for inlet fans without an AC

One more thing.. where do u poeple cut the chasis to fit in the fans ?
Since im having G300 cabinet frm VIp..
It has options to fit 5 fans....
Also i dont have ant Ac in my room... but the room temperature is always around 28 - 30 c
Also there is alot of circulation of air since im located at seventh floor

cyrux

In the zone
my cabinet doesnot have a space on the front side...damn!. I currently have 2 fans (exhaust) on the side panel (right side) and a space for another fan below the smps

I was thinking of changing the arrangement....I think i should be going for inlet fans(2) on the side panels and add one fan as an exhaust below the SMPS ...

What about the power connection ?...i have no extra connectors...how do we go about this now...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hey buddy ymhatre , arctic silver 5 is not available at prime abgb..

i just got arctic ceramique from them .. 2.5 gram tube for 350 rs .. which is costly but i had no other option .. u can go for this tube ..its as good as arctic silver 5 :)

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@yogi 7272
Wht differance did u feel before n after applying artic ceramique....
Also is 2.5 grm enough for one pc...???

Eazy

Journeyman
ymhatre said:
Also is 2.5 grm enough for one pc...???

I think the 2.5gm tube has enough paste to be applied about 12 times - you have to apply a small amount here is what what Artic Silver say .... "Only a small amount of Ceramique is needed, about the size of an uncooked grain of short-grain white rice"

I would suggest you read this page from AS carefully speacially the parts pertaining to cleaning of the surfaces....

*www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique_instructions.htm

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
u can use it for say 5-6 times .. also temp has lower ..
idel temp by 3 degress and load by some 5 degress .. it will get better with time ..

cyrux

In the zone
Its a long time after which i revive this thread. The thing is that i went to comp. dealer to get a fan . I already have 2 fans at the side panel which are exhausts so i thought i would get another one fixed below the smps which would add as exhaust and the two at the side panel which would function as inlet to ensure ventialation through the cabinet . My comp. vendor says there is nothing such as inlet fans . Only exhausts available . But in this thread i have read many a times about using inlet fans.

So i just reversed the direction of exhuasts on the side panel so they could act as inlet ( or atleast push the air so ithe hot aire reaches the exhaust speedily )and attached a fan (as exhuast ) below the smps fan. Is this arrangement ok ?
Are there special kinds of inlet fans . If yes how much would they cost ?

P.S. If any body knows some good shops here in hyd please advise

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well I use a 120mm fan on the side panel as inlet, just reversed the fan and it became inlet. One more thing u could do is make a blowhole with a fan on top of ur cabinet. Remember hot air rises.

My pc fan arrangement are as follows:
1 Front Intake
1 Side Intake
2 Back Outlet including SMPS fan.
I Blowhole on top.
My AMD64 3000+ overclocked to 2.7Ghz max @ 54C.

Last edited:

cyrux

In the zone
so blowhole is just an opening at top. Why not fit an exhaust so that air can be sucked up..

Whats the cost of 120 mm fans ?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
My AMD64 3000+ overclocked to 2.7Ghz max @ 54C.

Are u using pc3200 ram ??? i mean if ur ddr400 mem. is running at ddr385 ur actually loosing a lot of bandwidth ... about 70-100 MBps ... Also ... ur fsb is set to 300 ?? thats means u can't really use the HHT multiplier more than 4 ??? i suspect it to be 3 .... if thats so ... ur actually loosing out a lot there too ... Dude ... have u benched ur pc with and without oc ??? I really want' to see the diff. .. could u pm me the results ....

Ok .. about the cooling in my case .. here goes :

Front : 2 80mm intake (1 in the hdd cage)
Rear : 1 120mm outtake (tricool) , VCool , 2 in the smps (1 temp. activated)
Side : 1 80mm outtake (covering about 2 cm over the cards , near the hdd cage)

Here are my load temps : Processor - 46c , Motherboard - 36c , 120 GB PATA - 37c , 200 GB SATA - 36c , GPU Core - 60c , GPU Ambient - 42c

Now when i switch on the ac .. just beside the computer .. the results are : Processor - 43c , Motherboard - 32c , 120 GB PATA - 32c , 200 GB SATA - 32c , GPU Core - 56c , GPU Ambient - 38c ...

Currenty i'm using local 80 mm fans for the front intake and the side outtake ... which i will replace soon by Antec 80 mm fans .. about 15 cfm increase in airflow ... that should bring down the temps a little bit more ... Also i plan to replace the cpu stock heat sink with a Vapochill Xtreme .... mmm ... that'd bring down the cpu temps by another 10c ....

Last edited:
OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@deathvirus_me
I think u r much bothered about ur CPU... THTS good...
when u will add Vapochilll u say it will bring down the temperature by 10 c
so accordingly it will becme 32 c...
thts grt
wht r the price of vapochill....

@every one....
is there any one having their PC temperature below 25c
i hope its hardly possilbe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom