TODAY I LEARNED (TIL) - thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
TIL that if you try to explain conditional probability to your clients , you might get a warning mail from your manager since he does not know about it and you do.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
TIL that BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy is awesome, and realized why I missed these series all these days. ☹

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
TIL that BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy is awesome, and realized why I missed these series all these days. ☹

Welcome to the club. :doublethumb:
Better late than never. Next year is 2015. And world is waiting for flying hover board. It just might be around the corner. ;)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
TIL that in some countries you cannot cross road at the signal unless there the pedestrian signal turns green & you could be arrested / have to pay fine.. And to top all of it there is a term for it "Jaywalking".

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
TIL that in some countries you cannot cross road at the signal unless there the pedestrian signal turns green & you could be arrested / have to pay fine.. And to top all of it there is a term for it "Jaywalking".

*www.odt.co.nz/files/story/2008/12/the_modified_pedestrian_crossing_signal_at_the_cor_3462321904.JPG

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
TIL Ctrl + Backspace erases a complete word.

TI Also L that my internet plan provides me 2mbps upto 20GB, not 10GB as I used to think. Thanks to those annoying MTNL pop-ups that some engineer at their office added just to prove he can do it. :D

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
TIL that when we see the word 'click' from a long distance, it appears like something else. :lol:

beingGamer

In the zone
TIL Ctrl + Backspace erases a complete word.

TI Also L that my internet plan provides me 2mbps upto 20GB, not 10GB as I used to think. Thanks to those annoying MTNL pop-ups that some engineer at their office added just to prove he can do it. :D

Let me add a few more to your learning :p
doing Ctl+Shift + (left/right) selects entire word in the pressed direction.
and ctl+(left/right) skips the entire word in the pressed direction

older but adding it in TIL, that I need to keep the monitor covered up when not in use... got 2 scratches on lower left of the screen :(

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed

older but adding it in TIL, that I need to keep the monitor covered up when not in use... got 2 scratches on lower left of the screen :(
Adding to that, CTRL + SHIFT + UP selects the entire sentence from the point where the cursor is placed. :mrgreen:

kaz

right here
Adding to that, CTRL + SHIFT + UP selects the entire sentence from the point where the cursor is placed. :mrgreen:

When the cursor it at the starting point, use CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to select the entire line of texts after the cursor (it may be one or more sentences) :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
TIL that when we see the word 'click' from a long distance, it appears like something else. :lol:

:rofl:

When the cursor it at the starting point, use CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to select the entire line of texts after the cursor (it may be one or more sentences) :p

TIL that guys in the forum will troll at any and every opportunity they get.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
what is trolling exactly - Im not sure if I know the meaning any more or not

that bit, where the troll does not care about the reaction, whether positive or negative, as long as the reaction is intense... does not seem to be a factor in what people refer to as trolling \
most of these are auto trolls because they are the intense reactions to begin with.. ? see now im confused

trolling is not just using bad grammar, and image macros constantly... that is a part of language now, an extension the same as emoticons
making jokes, snide remarks, sarcastic comments... not trolling
having an agenda... again not trolling

one difference between trolls and non trolls acc to me is that trolls don't care about their own image, something im sure forum "trolls" are not so careless about.... signature of a troll is that as soon as you read you get frustrated of its sheer stupidity. It should be impossible to formulate a meaningful reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom