TODAY I LEARNED (TIL) - thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
word: Stem ~ the main body or stalk of a plant or shrub, typically rising above ground but occasionally subterranean.
a girl's name is mrinalini means Stem of the lotus flower....

Pasapa

Live to die another day
TIL that if i take 3 paracetamol's of 650mg dosage in a span of 7 hours i wouldnt be able to walk properly for a couple of days.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
TIL This:

[YOUTUBE]-_WjDSX5HaY[/YOUTUBE]

Don't link me "Youtube videos" thread. This is something everyone "needs" to watch. This might change some people's lives.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
TIL that there's a reason behind everything...

Why Indian toilet is best - Scientific Reason | Guruprasad's Portal

kaz

right here
Are you sure? I am using 8.1 and AVG and My system is very slow in booting and shut down. Never thought AVG was the culprit. !!

I'm very much sure...When I pressed win+e it took few secs to open explorer earlier and now it opens instantly... Also disk usage has been reduced and I can see performance boost everywhere, I'm not installing any anti virus program on my Win 8.1

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
TIL people in Western Africa no longer appreciate Bollywood because it became too western
For years, Indian movies have been an accepted, admired part of Hausa popular culture compared favorably with the negative effects of Western media. Indian movies offered an alternative style of fashion and romance that Hausa youth could follow without the ideological baggage of "becoming western". But as the style of Bollywood has begun to change over the last few years this acceptance is becoming more questioned. Contemporary films are more sexually explicit and violent. Nigerian viewers comment on this when they compare older Indian films of the 1950s and 1960s that "had" culture to newer ones which are more Westernized. One friend complained about this saying that "when I was young, the Indian films we used to see were based on their tradition. But now Indian films are just like American films. They go to discos, make gangs, they'll do anything in a hotel and they play rough in romantic scenes where before you could never see things like that."
Bollywood Comes To Nigeria | Samar Magazine

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
TIL people in Western Africa no longer appreciate Bollywood because it became too western

Bollywood Comes To Nigeria | Samar Magazine

Wow when i was hanging out in net cafes in Dubai i so many niggas seeing Bollywood movies I was like WTF now i know the truth.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Wow when i was hanging out in net cafes in Dubai i so many niggas seeing Bollywood movies I was like WTF now i know the truth.

Born in the wrong decade? You are lucky being in an Indian Tech Forum :D People in intl ones just wait for such remarks :D Some of them even would just hunt you down and kick in the arse for fun you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom