Time 100 list - How within hours Modi's stat did a swing and Kejriwal quotient decreased

Pasapa

Live to die another day
[MENTION=115573]Sarath[/MENTION], srsly you are comparing bhagat singh to Kejriwal? Dude wtf? That is a disgrace to the martyr... You are comparing a political drama to a heroic sacrifice made by a true patriot..
Let me sum up it, Kejriwal is not very much different from other politicians ( maybe a little better but not to an extent that makes him eligible to be compared with Bhagat singh).

Sarath

iDota
^ The problem with Kejriwal is exactly that he is different from other politicians. That is why he is not able to fit right in and stands out as an odd thorn. He is just politically immature. It is a case of how good intentions alone cannot produce good results.

I want Modi to become the PM though because it's time we have a strong leader at the helm but with the condition that AAP forms the opposition. I think AAP is one of the best things that happened to our country in recent times. I hope to see them form the government in the next term. Right now they are just too loud, blunt and brash. I don't think that is going to work.

Kejriwal has to become a politician like any other. Only then will he be able to run the country and guide it. I think in coming years he will be able to guide his energies more efficiently and in the right direction. Just hope he and people around him stay incorruptible at the face of such power and responsibility.

moniker

Broken In
Kejriwal lost it for me the moment he announced that people who don't agree to pay their electricity bills will get a rebate of 50%.

I was like WTF? when this news was announced. I can put the other decisions down to naivety, but this one was utterly moronic.

This is such a blatant discriminatory measure one could see. What had the poor law abiding citizens who pay their bills in time done to warrant this discrimination?

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
[MENTION=115573]Sarath[/MENTION], srsly you are comparing bhagat singh to Kejriwal? Dude wtf? That is a disgrace to the martyr... You are comparing a political drama to a heroic sacrifice made by a true patriot..
Let me sum up it, Kejriwal is not very much different from other politicians ( maybe a little better but not to an extent that makes him eligible to be compared with Bhagat singh).
Nobody is comparing the legendary Bhagat Singh to Kejriwal. Let's see it this way. Bhagat Singh is an inspiration for us all and maybe for Kejriwal too. May be he's just trying to follow in his footsteps. Does that make him Bhagat Singh? Absolutely not. So chillax, there is no reason to freak out. Not that I meant what I said about Kejriwal imitating Bhagat Singh. :p

[MENTION=146873]moniker[/MENTION]
Yeah, that was a very bad decision on AAP's part. For that one time, I hated them and really hoped that Kejriwal will come out with a formal apology after realizing how unfair it actually was to law-abiding citizens. BTW did he? I don't know. But since then I've forgiven them. After all they're human beings and human beings make mistakes. Although I really do hope this kind of act won't be repeated in the future or they will lose my support for sure.

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
which type of corruptness(like they say in the ad 'money can't buy everything')?everyone is corrupt to some degree ideologically & mentally,no body is a saint.if you believe in a 100% honest flawless human then you might as well believe in god coming to earth.in a purely rational sense devoid of any sentiments kejriwal is not even a decent let alone good choice for PM of India.

You are pretty judgmental on Kejriwal without giving him a chance. I don't care if he becomes PM or not but he has given hope to people that even without big funds once can compete for a place in government. It's that hope which will drive more people towards reforming the system. A good society breed good character.

I am not looking for a saint because even saints are corrupted in India. But the degree of corruptness that we have been witnessing is not something to be proud of.

Whether Modi comes to power or Rahul, the entity above them will still be same and unchallenged.

- - - Updated - - -

^ The problem with Kejriwal is exactly that he is different from other politicians. That is why he is not able to fit right in and stands out as an odd thorn. He is just politically immature. It is a case of how good intentions alone cannot produce good results.

I hope you will find all the dynastic politicians, criminals and lalu's alike as mature. Right ?

It's like to get a job you need experience but for experience you need a job. Deadlock much ?

By your analysis, I cannot enter politics then just because I don't think like the current breed of politicians.

If you look at the internal structure of all these political organizations I think you will find much similarity in other IT organizations about how the management is done.

- - - Updated - - -

After seeing that RighttoRecall group video!
I am a bit shocked!
Yep that guy was telling truth!

That guy should work in CSI.

Sarath

iDota
I hope you will find all the dynastic politicians, criminals and lalu's alike as mature. Right ?

It's like to get a job you need experience but for experience you need a job. Deadlock much ?

By your analysis, I cannot enter politics then just because I don't think like the current breed of politicians.

If you look at the internal structure of all these political organizations I think you will find much similarity in other IT organizations about how the management is done.

Well, it's a case of the only person who can break a broken machine is the one who broke it or the one who made it. This is the case with current politics. The reason why I am vouching for Modi is he is already in the system and he knows how to work it. Sure even BJP is going to be corrupt no doubt. But with a new party at the helm especially with someone as energetic as AAP I think they might break the system. This is the reason I want AAP in the opposition. They will be more honest in dealing with any cases of corruption than Congress ever will.

It's like to get a job you need experience but for experience you need a job Well sadly for a post like the PM and running something as mammoth as our democracy I think experience becomes even more vital. This is the reason I put Modi ahead of Kejriwal right now.

By your analysis, I cannot enter politics then just because I don't think like the current breed of politicians. Of course you can but can you handle it? If you are made PM immediately and you break then people will just lose hope.

To summarise I'm saying AAP will do a better job in the opposition than in power. In a few years when they gain some experience then I think we will see a very different and effective AAP. I'm sure then they will have both the will and the means to bring change. I just want to see Kejriwal grow, to be more experienced, to become a leader and not just an activist. I think him and few more like Mamata (ok she can be pretty crude too) will be able to come together and really change the scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

the moral of this is a naive honest politician can sometimes do much more damage than a shrewd power hungry authoritarian politician.
This is what I think my posts are trying to say

I put my bet on naive honest politician. But no to a corrupt one.
And this post confuses me because even I somewhat feel that Kejri should win but what if he can't handle the job.

-----------

If I'm allowed to assume and presume then I think AAP will form the next government and it will have trained enough of it's candidates to handle the top jobs that we will end up seeing a true revolution of sorts. With one sixth the population of the world, I think this will also have worldly implications.
Just have to keep fingers crossed that BJP doesn't go as corrupt as congress.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Okay let's say AAP comes into power and fights against corruption. What about other issues? Will our relation with China Pak be stabilized if corruption is eradicated? Will new jobs will be created only by fighting against corruption? Will we produce excess power by fighting against corruption? Or we go into even more fiscal deficit going by the subsidies as dolled out in the 49 days?

The office of PM is not only for fighting corruption. It is responsible for shaping our foreign policies, military policy et all. And surprisingly AAP has been very silent about all these.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Okay let's say AAP comes into power and fights against corruption. What about other issues? Will our relation with China Pak be stabilized if corruption is eradicated? Will new jobs will be created only by fighting against corruption? Will we produce excess power by fighting against corruption? Or we go into even more fiscal deficit going by the subsidies as dolled out in the 49 days?

The office of PM is not only for fighting corruption. It is responsible for shaping our foreign policies, military policy et all. And surprisingly AAP has been very silent about all these.

Great civilizations collapsed from within. They died internally. You wouldn't want to give your trust to a corrupt being who can sell it to another on.e

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am judgemental on kejriwal because of the hype.if he were to be another politician i wouldn't care but many seems to present him as the best option which i don't agree with.anyway let's take a look at the facts:

1.won good no. of seats,had popular support,offered support by both opposing parties,had an amazing chance to run a govt for full 5 years yet gave up in less than 50 days.this is the man supposed to run entire India for years,laughable.

2.in those 49 days gave relief to defaulting customers while giving a heart burn to those who actually pay bills.same as other parties giving sops to defaulters then crying about budget losses but at least they are shrewd enough to extract financial assistance from centre unlike kejriwal.

3.appoint a law minister who takes law into his own hands,risking India's foreign relations with African countries where China is making huge inroads for strategic gains(something any serious civil services aspirant with just a graduation degree knows),so much for well educated & intellectual people.

4.opposed FDI in multi-brand retail because it hurts small traders when most here would drool at the prospect of buying latest gadgets from amazon international in India or buy that lcd monitor from walmart with no hassle return policy.name is AAP but favours small traders who are definitely not 'aam aadmi'.

5.has no clearly defined foreign policy stand except the statement of "we will try to go along with every body(TV) & won't tolerate terrorism & border incursions".this party is supposed to manage nukes surrounded by 2 hostile nuclear powers,again laughable.what will it do to not tolerate terrorism or border incursions,go to war with pak or china or just issue a statement condemning them?clearly immature when it comes to geopolitics as already shown in point 3 above.

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION],democracy relies on both ruling & opposition parties to function smoothly which also means not every party in opposition is inherently bad.AAP will serve the nation better as opposition instead of ruling party compared to bjp or congress in opposition.

P.S.this is modern world not 19th century british empire or 20th century USSR to talk about "collapsing civilizations".

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
By your analysis, I cannot enter politics then just because I don't think like the current breed of politicians. Of course you can but can you handle it? If you are made PM immediately and you break then people will just lose hope.
A person who can handle the travails of election and has the resilient spirit doesn't look like an idiot PM to me.

Just have to keep fingers crossed that BJP doesn't go as corrupt as congress.
You can see by list of their candidates. A PM who is dependent on incomes from corporate doesn't bode well for future. The return on investment will be paid by our pocket and much more times greater.

$hadow

Geek in making
^^this is a point everyone is ignoring as of now. They will be inflation (may be even worse than now) and the reason is quite clearly stated above for that.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^inflation is not caused by a company/person unless it is a fictional world.main reason of inflation is global economic slowdown coupled with weak economic fundamentals of a country.also India is probably the only country in the world where all corporates/industrialists(whether good or not) are viewed as villains not to be associated with by any politician which is quite ironic considering most of the working members here are employed in these same corporate houses.people cry over cheap land deals/concessions to corporates but themselves spend hours online looking for best deal discounts used by online retailers to increase their revenue.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Great civilizations collapsed from within. They died internally. You wouldn't want to give your trust to a corrupt being who can sell it to another on.e

Modi is yet to be proven corrupt. Just read the manifesto of AAP and BJP. You will feel the difference.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION],democracy relies on both ruling & opposition parties to function smoothly which also means not every party in opposition is inherently bad.AAP will serve the nation better as opposition instead of ruling party compared to bjp or congress in opposition.

P.S.this is modern world not 19th century british empire or 20th century USSR to talk about "collapsing civilizations".

I still don't see the point that AAP is only good for opposition. It's like they will be putting a restraining order on the ruling party ? It's like ok dude you are sincere, honest, down to earth but this time we got an experienced, inflated ego, corrupted cabinet which has records with scams, criminal charges but they are giving us results or so it may seem from all the money they put into advertisements (and we are happy with that progress even though we can get much more accelerated progress).

PS: It's the general ingrowing dissatisfaction, moral depravity and immunity from punitive measures (to the ones in power). And you wouldn't know when this thing catches the realization in the form of public outrage ala egypt style or ukraine crisis and wreak blows from inside. What's a civilizations with people not happy ? Why do people prefer living outside of India ? Why do I see no value for life and people fearful of these political-police clouts ? God forbid but if you get killed by someone with great influence, no one will even charge that person. Your parents will probably get 2-3 lacs and that's all. Not many people will even dare to bear testimony as eyewitness if there were any account of the incident.

I am not looking for a PM. I am rooting for someone who can bring a change in system. That person can be anyone. And that change should start as soon as possible. Surely don't need a lesser evil government if someone is asking as a bargain.

- - - Updated - - -

Modi is yet to be proven corrupt. Just read the manifesto of AAP and BJP. You will feel the difference.

Ask him to have a debate with Kejriwal and Rahul. We do need such kind of healthy discussion to keep the well being of democracy.

At that point we will know the real manifestos.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION],what you are hoping for can not be achieved in India even if by some miracle kejriwal comes to power & even rule for 10 years.Ukraine,Egypt,Tunisia etc have no comparison to India which is unique in its nature.what is India's biggest strength is also its biggest weakness: Diversity.no matter who comes to power & with what majority India will never be changed by mere govt policies or force.only thing that can & will change India is time & technology which are independent of politics though good politics may help saving a few years.also you can not predict the future.there is a difference between having corrupt politicians in cabinet for sake of govt & having corrupt politicians under control in cabinet for the sake of govt not to mention all this will depend on how many seats bjp will get & if it will need the support of other parties.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I am not an idealist if that's what you are thinking. But we have had enough since independence. There are nations which have gone from poor or prosperous within few decades of their independence.

India is a complex amalgamation of different cultures and religions. I think you are of the opinion that we are a great civilization and everything will be good gradually by evolution but not revolution. No drastic changes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
exactly & that is why India exists to this date because there never was a wide spread violent revolution like those happened in western countries.the day a widespread revolution happen in India will be the beginning of the end of India.all the founding leaders of India knew it & that is why they created such a constitution to avoid such an event & as you can see they were pretty successful & will continue to do so.

Top Bottom