Time 100 list - How within hours Modi's stat did a swing and Kejriwal quotient decreased

ratul

█████████████████

Crap. I have a conspiracy theory about AAP.

The guy is a IIT grad explaining about kejri fraud.

[YOUTUBE]Ygp-EM5cOpQ[/YOUTUBE]

you didn't get my point, i am not with either of the parties, what i wanted you all to see from that video is that how much money bjp is putting in advertising modi and it's these advertising companies only that caused this swing in the Time 100 list, your video is just suggesting how kejri is a fraud.. :p

quan chi

mortal kombat
y how much money bjp is putting in advertising modi and it's these advertising companies only that caused this swing in the Time 100 list,

India is a poor country? These guys are spending around (min)50 crore per week on him. Anyways this is just an investment. If they comes into power then they will certainly reap the benefits of this investment with interest. Who will pay? well you can very well guess. The poor janta.
Result : Rise in corruption....etc etc.

Even if AAP or any other party comes into power there is no guarantee that that certain company or companies wont try to buy it too. There is always a possibility. Therefore If you don't like any of them then please vote for some other candidate.

(Ps: Bhoothnath returns beautifully explains the value of your vote. Please see it. Its not that bad:D)

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
What amazes me is the fact that the same people who could tolerate decades of misrule by Cong/BJP get impatient when it comes to AAP. What Kejriwal & AAP did in Delhi in 49 days, it would've taken other parties 49 months or may be more to do the same provided that they're willing to do some good, which is highly unlikely.

And about all the controversies during his reign as CM, oh well, is that really so difficult to understand or people are just being adamant. Come on people, what do you think happens when a few honest men, who know next to nothing about politics, fight against hordes of corrupt political behemoths strengthened by feeding on common people's blood for decades. It's like a few newborn vampires fighting against Dracula. Controversies were bound to happen but what's worst is that they were all blown out of proportion by the media, which again was bound to happen as there was so much limelight on Kejriwal & AAP during that time.

Yes, resigning as CM was a mistake and it cost him a lot of supporters and gained only a few, but again there are two sides to every story.

There was no way the janlokpal bill was going to be passed by either the so-called constitutional method or directly in the assembly and Kejriwal knew that. He also knew that Cong/BJP joining hands to prevent the bill from being passed was also a strong possibility. So yes, it was a way out for him. He should've kept aside the janlokpal bill and concentrated on other issues. Instead he chose to resign over it.

That was one side of the story though. There's another. I still stand by what I said above. Kejriwal knew what was coming. He wanted to resign. But why and for what? Most people say he did that because he had national ambitions. He wanted to be PM. He became greedy and what not. And that's where people are wrong. He knew that he won't be able to fulfill his dream of a corruption-free India by running a coalition govt with the corrupt Congress which may be a long time rival to the opposing BJP but are willing to work together when it comes to opposing AAP. He knew that AAP needs to establish itself at a national level i.e. at the center with a solid majority if they were ever to achieve the common man's dream of a corruption-free India.

He never believed that a coalition govt would work. See what happened in Delhi. He ordered an audit on the bijli companies and in return got threatened by them as well as slammed by both Congress, who gave them unconditional support, and the opposition. He halved electricity prices and provided free water, he got criticized. He intended to do a peaceful dharna and Shinde called a Curfew, well, kind of. Ultimately he got blamed for that and was branded an anarchist. And lastly, everybody saw what happened in the assembly when the janlokpal bill was introduced. Well, now you know why he resigned.

What I'm trying to say is that we have given more than enough chances to Congress, BJP and other parties but all they've done over the years, is filling up the swiss bank. Then, why can't we give AAP a chance. We're a democracy. If they don't deliver what they're promising then we always have the option to vote against them next time.

I'm with AAP hoping for a better future for our country.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Change is always good, nobody likes to be stuck with the same thing.
But even more is nobody wants the same change again & again. Everyone knows Cong won't be in power this year, and with the NaMo effect, BJP will be. But i'm sure even they won't be in power 5 years later.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
What amazes me is the fact that the same people who could tolerate decades of misrule by Cong/BJP get impatient when it comes to AAP. What Kejriwal & AAP did in Delhi in 49 days, it would've taken other parties 49 months or may be more to do the same provided that they're willing to do some good, which is highly unlikely.

And about all the controversies during his reign as CM, oh well, is that really so difficult to understand or people are just being adamant. Come on people, what do you think happens when a few honest men, who know next to nothing about politics, fight against hordes of corrupt political behemoths strengthened by feeding on common people's blood for decades. It's like a few newborn vampires fighting against Dracula. Controversies were bound to happen but what's worst is that they were all blown out of proportion by the media, which again was bound to happen as there was so much limelight on Kejriwal & AAP during that time.

Yes, resigning as CM was a mistake and it cost him a lot of supporters and gained only a few, but again there are two sides to every story.

There was no way the janlokpal bill was going to be passed by either the so-called constitutional method or directly in the assembly and Kejriwal knew that. He also knew that Cong/BJP joining hands to prevent the bill from being passed was also a strong possibility. So yes, it was a way out for him. He should've kept aside the janlokpal bill and concentrated on other issues. Instead he chose to resign over it.

That was one side of the story though. There's another. I still stand by what I said above. Kejriwal knew what was coming. He wanted to resign. But why and for what? Most people say he did that because he had national ambitions. He wanted to be PM. He became greedy and what not. And that's where people are wrong. He knew that he won't be able to fulfill his dream of a corruption-free India by running a coalition govt with the corrupt Congress which may be a long time rival to the opposing BJP but are willing to work together when it comes to opposing AAP. He knew that AAP needs to establish itself at a national level i.e. at the center with a solid majority if they were ever to achieve the common man's dream of a corruption-free India.

He never believed that a coalition govt would work. See what happened in Delhi. He ordered an audit on the bijli companies and in return got threatened by them as well as slammed by both Congress, who gave them unconditional support, and the opposition. He halved electricity prices and provided free water, he got criticized. He intended to do a peaceful dharna and Shinde called a Curfew, well, kind of. Ultimately he got blamed for that and was branded an anarchist. And lastly, everybody saw what happened in the assembly when the janlokpal bill was introduced. Well, now you know why he resigned.

What I'm trying to say is that we have given more than enough chances to Congress, BJP and other parties but all they've done over the years, is filling up the swiss bank. Then, why can't we give AAP a chance. We're a democracy. If they don't deliver what they're promising then we always have the option to vote against them next time.

I'm with AAP hoping for a better future for our country.

Well about Jan Lokpal bill,how do you think a bill can be passed without going through constitutional steps and be conisdered as amended? No way,doesn't work that way.
With the situation of law that was/is there,Jan Lokpal Bill would have to be referenced to Central Govt from LG of Delhi and in all probability they(Center) would have refused.If he really wanted to do something good he could have added all the required necessary changes and step in the the Delhi Lokayukta and could have named it Lokayukta bill and introduced in Assembly with proper procedure which wouldn't have needed to be referenced to the central Govt.After all he was implementing things for Delhi only.Media potrayal of the matter was poor in this regard by most of the news channels.
*www.ndtv.com/article/india/full-te...r-of-delhi-assembly-on-jan-lokpal-bill-483501

He kept accusing of wrong-doing in case of Santosh Kohli's death and may be there was foul play(quite possible),but he was CM for much time,could have easily asked a judicial inquiry to probe the matter but he didn't do though he did ask vote in her name.All he had to do was just order for a judicial inquiry which he didn't.Giving away freebies can be considered appeasing as well,after all the rates were reduced to half or something first whereas the audit was to be done later.
For all the controversies surrounding Narendra Modi much of which is created by media especially for being involved in riots,all the courts/committees till now have given him clean-chit.If they believe further inquiry should take place they must ask the court instead of passing the judgement themselves.
Well for sure ad-campaigns are not good from either side but was started by congress with 4-5 ads including MHRD and other departments.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
those who say let's give AAP a chance don't know what they are talking about.people wouldn't trust a fresh pass out professional for important work in any field be it medicine,engineering,finance no matter how prestigious the institute is & yet some are actually harboring the dream of handing India,the most complex democracy in the world,to a party like AAP.negative of a negative is positive in maths not in real world.just because a party is against corruption doesn't mean it will also have the quality of constructive ideas regarding governance automatically.

here are two examples to make this clear:
a)morarji desai,the former PM of India who could put kejriwal to shame in matters of honesty & simplicity,only because of his naivety did serious damage to R&AW & thus to india's security:
*www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/kno...d-up-raw-s-most-daring-plan-operat-31481.html

b)indira gandhi,also called the iron lady of india & one of the most shrewd politician India has ever witnessed(those who don't know she was known as 'gungi gudiya'(mute doll) when she first entered politics) & creator of today's congress empire & enforcer of now infamous 'emergency rule',refused to be intimidated by USA forcing the then US president Nixon to call her as an "old witch".
*archive.indianexpress.com/news/wik...ra-gandhi-told-richard-nixon-in-1971/1102314/

the moral of this is a naive honest politician can sometimes do much more damage than a shrewd power hungry authoritarian politician.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
which type of corruptness(like they say in the ad 'money can't buy everything')?everyone is corrupt to some degree ideologically & mentally,no body is a saint.if you believe in a 100% honest flawless human then you might as well believe in god coming to earth.in a purely rational sense devoid of any sentiments kejriwal is not even a decent let alone good choice for PM of India.

$hadow

Geek in making
Alright let's see this way:
We have already given chances to both the parties viz BJP and Congress now what is wrong in providing a chance to AAP.
And the fact which we all have to agree us that corruption is in the roots of the country so if one is trying to take the responsibility why not give him a chance by voting for him.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Well about Jan Lokpal bill,how do you think a bill can be passed without going through constitutional steps and be conisdered as amended? No way,doesn't work that way.
With the situation of law that was/is there,Jan Lokpal Bill would have to be referenced to Central Govt from LG of Delhi and in all probability they(Center) would have refused.If he really wanted to do something good he could have added all the required necessary changes and step in the the Delhi Lokayukta and could have named it Lokayukta bill and introduced in Assembly with proper procedure which wouldn't have needed to be referenced to the central Govt.After all he was implementing things for Delhi only.Media potrayal of the matter was poor in this regard by most of the news channels.
*www.ndtv.com/article/india/full-te...r-of-delhi-assembly-on-jan-lokpal-bill-483501

He kept accusing of wrong-doing in case of Santosh Kohli's death and may be there was foul play(quite possible),but he was CM for much time,could have easily asked a judicial inquiry to probe the matter but he didn't do though he did ask vote in her name.All he had to do was just order for a judicial inquiry which he didn't.Giving away freebies can be considered appeasing as well,after all the rates were reduced to half or something first whereas the audit was to be done later.
For all the controversies surrounding Narendra Modi much of which is created by media especially for being involved in riots,all the courts/committees till now have given him clean-chit.If they believe further inquiry should take place they must ask the court instead of passing the judgement themselves.
Well for sure ad-campaigns are not good from either side but was started by congress with 4-5 ads including MHRD and other departments.
Well, I never said there was any real chance for the janlokpal bill to be passed in either case. As you said yourself that if AAP had followed the constitutional method the center would've refused it and Kejriwal knew that. It was just a way out for him as I said earlier in my previous post. So, I guess both of us agree as far as this matter is concerned.

Now, as far as your second point about "making necessary amendments in the bill in order to suit Congress/BJP, renaming it lokayukta and then introducing it in the assembly" is concerned, my opinion differs. If they really had to do it then why they opposed the lokpal bill that was passed by the centre in the first place. They should've accepted it just like Anna Hazare did. But no, they didn't because it wasn't the true lokpal bill which was supposed to eradicate corruption from the soil of our country. It was a heavily compromised one. It was a jokepal as you might have heard people calling it. No disrespect to the old man Anna Hazare as I honestly believe him to be a very honest and humble person, but he was tricked into believing that this was the same lokpal for which he has been fighting for years, by the Bedi's and VKS' surrounding him. You can check out the differences between the proposed lokpal bill and the amended one by visiting your friend google if you're not already familiar although I assume you are.

Regarding Santosh Kohli's death, Kejriwal did demand for a probe by the UP police on that matter. The incident happened outside his jurisdiction so in no way he could've ordered a probe.

Lastly, as far as Modi is concerned, I don't blame him for being responsible for inciting the riots especially when he's been given a clean chit by the top courts, but I do think he was involved in them in some capacity. But since I only have limited knowledge regarding this matter especially because I was only a kid back then, I prefer not to speak much on this issue. Alhough I don't think of him as an ideal PM candidate. By looking at his body language and the way he talks or gives speeches, he seems like an excessively self-obsessed man for whom the PM's chair is the Peacock Throne and he himself is the Kohinoor and the nation only comes after that.

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
Nobody starts as a seasoned politician. Novices, in any field, gain experience with time to become experts. So, in order to create experts you have to give chance to novices to exercise their skills. There was a first time for Congress & BJP too. There's always a first time for everyone & everything. Anyway, I agree that AAP is a new party and may be they don't have much experience but they're not idiots. They're a group of well-intentioned, educated and intellectual people who are striving to bring about a positive change in the country and that's reason enough to give them a chance. And you're right in that nobody wants a honest fool as PM, which Kejriwal certainly isn't. Would you rather see corruption slowly and steadily make it's way to the very core of the nation and destroy it even when you still got an option to save it? I'm not begging anybody to support AAP. Support whichever party or candidate you want but do try and imagine the long-term consequences your decision will have on the country and on you before making it.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Well, I never said there was any real chance for the janlokpal bill to be passed in either case. As you said yourself that if AAP had followed the constitutional method the center would've refused it and Kejriwal knew that. It was just a way out for him as I said earlier in my previous post. So, I guess both of us agree as far as this matter is concerned.

Now, as far as your second point about "making necessary amendments in the bill in order to suit Congress/BJP, renaming it lokayukta and then introducing it in the assembly" is concerned, my opinion differs. If they really had to do it then why they opposed the lokpal bill that was passed by the centre in the first place. They should've accepted it just like Anna Hazare did. But no, they didn't because it wasn't the true lokpal bill which was supposed to eradicate corruption from the soil of our country. It was a heavily compromised one. It was a jokepal as you might have heard people calling it. No disrespect to the old man Anna Hazare as I honestly believe him to be a very honest and humble person, but he was tricked into believing that this was the same lokpal for which he has been fighting for years, by the Bedi's and VKS' surrounding him. You can check out the differences between the proposed lokpal bill and the amended one by visiting your friend google if you're not already familiar although I assume you are.

Regarding Santosh Kohli's death, Kejriwal did demand for a probe by the UP police on that matter. The incident happened outside his jurisdiction so in no way he could've ordered a probe.

Lastly, as far as Modi is concerned, I don't blame him for being responsible for inciting the riots especially when he's been given a clean chit by the top courts, but I do think he was involved in them in some capacity. But since I only have limited knowledge regarding this matter especially because I was only a kid back then, I prefer not to speak much on this issue. Alhough I don't think of him as an ideal PM candidate. By looking at his body language and the way he talks or gives speeches, he seems like an excessively self-obsessed man for whom the PM's chair is the Peacock Throne and he himself is the Kohinoor and the nation only comes after that.

Mate you are mistaken.I have not said anywhere to make changes according to or suitable to either BJP/Cong.All I implied was that,all the real good changes that was supposed to be in the real good lokpal bill should have been taken to the delhi lokayukta though a lokayukta bill.That would have done the job.He didn't do that.
As far as Kohli case is concerned I stand corrected.I should have stated that he didn't "demand a CBI inquiry instead of stating "ordering" an inquiry since it was outside his area of control.He himself has admitted to this.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Mate you are mistaken.I have not said anywhere to make changes according to or suitable to either BJP/Cong.All I implied was that,all the real good changes that was supposed to be in the real good lokpal bill should have been taken to the delhi lokayukta though a lokayukta bill.That would have done the job.He didn't do that.
Well then, my bad. I misinterpreted your sentence. Although I still doubt if doing that would've made any difference at all as IMO Congress & BJP are anti anti-corruption, irrespective of whether it's exercised through lokpal or lokayukta. But since Kejriwal didn't do it, who knows what would've happened if he did.

As far as Kohli case is concerned I stand corrected.I should have stated that he didn't "demand a CBI inquiry instead of stating "ordering" it since it was outside his area of control.He himself has admitted to this.
In that you're correct.

:offtopic:
Why my post-count hasn't increased since my last three posts?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Ok just tell me Before all this MODINESS UPA had 6 months with a clear majority of MPs.

They didn't pass a single major bill.On top of it there is a situation in the country where Top court is running the country!Each case go to Supreme Court!Now you have three choices!

1.Give that government a third chance so that eventually country is deteriorated!

2.Handover the country in the hands of a novice politician who left his government and kicked LG's proposal to run temporary government for LS election!
What did he do?Introduced caps!Went to Gujarat,alleged the government ,the people and after all his allegation proved wrong he ran away!

3.A politician who has handled his state for 3
Consecutive terms and has not only maintained consistency in governing but also progressed
The state!

Now of course among all three the 3rd suits best!

Sarath

iDota
Do you honestly believe that Kejriwal had hopes of passing the Jan lokpal bill/ and by hope i mean realistic chance

Do you honestly believe that Bhagat Singh had hopes of getting rid of the the british by throwing a few non-lethal dud bombs in a court as a sign of protest and by hope I mean a realistic chance

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
[MENTION=266361]kunalgujarathi[/MENTION]
Well since BJP or should I say Modi is most likely to win this election, I sincerely do hope that you're right otherwise we're all doomed.

Top Bottom