Time 100 list - How within hours Modi's stat did a swing and Kejriwal quotient decreased

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION],

India will not use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear weapon states.
India will not be the first to use nuclear weapons.

you wrote:
India now maintains no first use against a non nuclear country, a significant change after 26/11
your words seems to convey the impression that India can now use nukes first against a nuclear power which is not true.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION],

you wrote:

your words seems to convey the impression that India can now use nukes first against a nuclear power which is not true.

Oh agreed. But also we will use nukes first if provoked not necessarily by a nuclear attack.
But NSA indeed told no first use against non nuclear states.

"The Indian nuclear doctrine also reflects this strategic culture, with its emphasis on minimal deterrence, no first use against non-nuclear weapon states and its direct linkage to nuclear disarmament. We have made it clear that while we need nuclear weapons for our own security, it is our goal to work for a world free of nuclear weapons, and that we are ready to undertake the necessary obligations to achieve that goal in a time-bound programme agreed to and implemented by all nuclear weapon and other states."

I have quoted Shivshankar Menon' s speech.

Last edited:

moniker

Broken In
Another excellent piece of wisdom by Kejri, taken right out of his.. (Well, it's a 3 letter word, hope nobody gets offended). People should take bribe for voting, the great AAP convenor says, but they should vote for AAP.

Is this guy even aware of the law of our land?

Why? Here comes the flawless IIT logic - Congress and BJP have swindled money from people, so whatever money they are doling out for getting people to vote for them is the people's money, so it's all right to accept it. What intellect!

*www.janpratinidhi.com/News/T1149/Take-bribes-from-all-vote-for-us-says-AAP-chief

Last edited:

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
So, it's either Congress or BJP for you. Since the Congress failed the country this time, you automatically look up to the BJP as the immediate replacement, without considering other options. Here goes the same old story- Congress goes, BJP comes into power. BJP goes, Congress comes into power which's been going on since independence and that's exactly the reason we're having this discussion. I guess some people tend to stick with the old and proven and are weary of change even if it's for the better. They fear that they might not be able to adapt to the change. In fact, the truth is they can't imagine a life free of corruption because they've gotten used to it. No wonder we're still a developing country and people seem to be quite satisfied with that. I'm sure next time you'll be supporting the Congress when the BJP fails the country this time.

As far as Bharti is concerned, like I said earlier that unless he is found guilty by some court, we should refrain from bringing up this issue every time there's a discussion related to controversies surrounding AAP. Why are you so hell-bent on proving him guilty? Like seriously, why don't you instead bring up the several scams in which Congress and BJP were involved? What about the riots that took place during their reign? What about the countless pending cases of fraud and murder that Congress and BJP MLA's have against them? How do you justify them making pacts with the convicted and giving tickets to people who have pending criminal cases against them?

And I know about the "no first use" policy and of the revisions proposed by BJP in their manifesto. Although last time I checked, they're still sticking to it unlike you've stated in your post. Read this: *www.business-standard.com/article/...se-nuclear-policy-rajnath-114042100933_1.html. Or am I missing something? Can you provide me with a link stating otherwise? BTW what I actually meant was if it does really make a difference? Statements like "will revise and update India's nuke doctrine to make it relevant to current challenges", “maintain a credible minimum deterrent that is in tune with changing geostatic realities” and "deal with cross-border terrorism with a firm hand" and take a "strong stand and steps", do you think AAP couldn't have come up with these in their manifesto if they wanted to? Man the manifesto is nothing but a form of advertisement. It's very similar to the prospectus we were forced to buy when getting admission into a school or college, highlighting all the good and great things about the institution although the real scenario used to be different in most cases. Likewise, the manifesto, most of the times, doesn't sync with the ground realities because if it did, we wouldn't be here discussing all these things.

And lastly, neither have I watched Matrix or any of it's sequels, I swear, nor I'm a Harry Potter fan. But do you really believe that the world will last forever? You may call this a modern world and empires and civilizations a thing of past but that's exactly what the people in the 19th or 20th century would've thought of their time. A time will come when we'll be called primitive and all that is modern for us now will be called a thing of past by the future generations. Is this concept really that difficult to understand?
And BTW, how can you be so sure that the Americans will never elect a president with IQ lower than 100? That's ridiculous. :rofl:

Last edited:

RBX

In the zone
those who say let's give AAP a chance don't know what they are talking about.people wouldn't trust a fresh pass out professional for important work in any field be it medicine,engineering,finance no matter how prestigious the institute is & yet some are actually harboring the dream of handing India,the most complex democracy in the world,to a party like AAP.negative of a negative is positive in maths not in real world.just because a party is against corruption doesn't mean it will also have the quality of constructive ideas regarding governance automatically.

here are two examples to make this clear:
a)morarji desai,the former PM of India who could put kejriwal to shame in matters of honesty & simplicity,only because of his naivety did serious damage to R&AW & thus to india's security:
*www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/kno...d-up-raw-s-most-daring-plan-operat-31481.html

b)indira gandhi,also called the iron lady of india & one of the most shrewd politician India has ever witnessed(those who don't know she was known as 'gungi gudiya'(mute doll) when she first entered politics) & creator of today's congress empire & enforcer of now infamous 'emergency rule',refused to be intimidated by USA forcing the then US president Nixon to call her as an "old witch".
*archive.indianexpress.com/news/wik...ra-gandhi-told-richard-nixon-in-1971/1102314/

the moral of this is a naive honest politician can sometimes do much more damage than a shrewd power hungry authoritarian politician.

I've had many debates with people supporting AAP over this. AAP members are clearly inexperienced, and you simply can't run a government by asking people what to do, because everyone is selfish and would put his needs before the nation's.

As for corruption - I'm in favor of a candidate who might be corrupt a bit, but has the ability to move the nation forward. People simply have too much rage against corruption, even when they themselves shamelessly cross red traffic lights, support piracy etc.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Sometimes I think communism is the best thing to have in a country with huge population. But diversity poses the major block against this.
China got her independence after India right? Look where they are now.

China's political structure is communist based, but the economy is heavily capitalised. Kind of Neo-communism.

anyone facing criminal charges will be prosecuted according to law. :lol:
We all know how strict the laws are against criminals here . I'll share a recent event. Day before yesterday a truck driver mauled 1 small girl and her father while coming from a wrong side. He got away by submitting the cheap bail charges.
Now, he is just a truck driver with no political support and was able to get away just like that. Do you honestly think the criminals who stood up for elections as candidates will face any wrath from the Indian law?

That truck driver went away because "law" allowed him and he wasn't drunk. Indeed he is guilty, but only for breaking the traffic rules, not for murdering someone, at least he didn't intend to do so. The traffic law states that you just can't impose a murder case on any driver on the basis of reckless driving otherwise half of the Indians would be in jails for attempt to murder case.

PS: No offence is to be taken for the poor family, but if you go by constitution, nothing wrong happened there, and if you're still holding it wrong then it'd be like making a mockery of constitution.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That truck driver went away because "law" allowed him and he wan't drunk. Indeed he is guilty, but only for breaking the traffic rules, not for murdering someone, at least he didn't intend to do so. The traffic law states that you just can't impose a murder case on any driver on the basis of reckless driving otherwise half of the Indians would be in jails for attempt to murder case.

PS: No offence is to be taken for the poor family, but if you go by constitution, nothing wrong happened there, and if you're still holding it wrong then it'd be like making a mockery of constitution.

So that means I can finish off my enemies just by letting a truck driver overrun them, right ? He will charged with breaking the traffic rules but not for murder.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So that means I can finish off my enemies just by letting a truck driver overrun over them, right ? He will charged with breaking the traffic rules but not for murder.

Yes, if you really mean to ask.

Anyway, I'm against that driver letting so easy off, but laws have to be ammended for that. Harsher rules are required here. I was just stating what the laws say.

But, somethings sound too theoritical to be made practical. It'd be too tough to prove the degree of negligence of a driver in an accident. Some natural factors may would have lead to it, or may not. You just cannot assume anything. See it from the legal point of view.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^So then culpable homicide unless evidence suggests it was intended ?
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culpable_homicide

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Meh, you will be charged for culpable homicide if you run over someone with your vehicle unless it was the victim who broke the rules..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=276279]TheFallenLord[/MENTION],again with the rhetoric & emotional arguments:
Here goes the same old story- Congress goes, BJP comes into power. BJP goes, Congress comes into power which's been going on since independence and that's exactly the reason we're having this discussion.
clearly you don't know that since independence BJP has been into power for a total time of 13 days+1 year+5 years & was the first non-Congress government to last a full term in office.

As far as Bharti is concerned, like I said earlier that unless he is found guilty................
yes according to you everything is fine as long as Bharti is held not guilty by court,diplomatic relations with African nations can go to hell.after all what is international diplomacy compared to a guilty free decision by a delhi court.

do you think AAP couldn't have come up with these in their manifesto if they wanted to?Man the manifesto is nothing but a form of advertisement. It's very similar to the prospectus we were forced to buy when getting admission into a school or college, highlighting all the good and great things about the institution although the real scenario used to be different in most cases.
something is better than nothing.no matter how different the ground reality is you don't go with a school/college who does not even print a prospectus or print one with lots of grammatical errors.it just shows the insincere attitude of an advertiser if he can't even advertise properly.

A time will come when we'll be called primitive and all that is modern for us now will be called a thing of past by the future generations. Is this concept really that difficult to understand?
yes but you would be long gone by that time which is what matters.leave 100+ years predictions to others & focus on next decade.

it is clear that you lack the knowledge required to continue this debate with me so this is the end of this conversation from my side.clearly you believe in AAP & i have no issues with that however stick to the core points of corruption free & simple lifestyle etc & admitting there were mistakes instead of trying to defend AAP at all costs because then you would be no different from a modi or rahul gandhi fanatic.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
^^Okay dude. I get it. You are more knowledgeable than me. But there was no need to shout to imply that. It clearly shows your desperation. Anyway, end of conversation from my side as well.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
^^No, although I consider myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to debate with a self-proclaimed tome of knowledge. BTW, Why do you ask?

Pasapa

Live to die another day
So you are saying you don't agree with facts? That's just blatant ignorance.. ( i asked if you agree with anything not everything)

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
^^Would you mind telling me what facts you're referring to except for the one which states the number of years the BJP has been in power at the center, something that every 10th pass in the country would probably be aware of?

Pasapa

Live to die another day
^^Would you mind telling me what facts you're referring to except for the one which states the number of years the BJP has been in power at the center, something that every 10th pass in the country would probably be aware of?
But you didn't know it.. Im not even

gonna try to tell you anything, you can go and support AAP blindly, nothing is going to stop you from doing so. A sensible person will look at the both sides of the coin.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
But you didn't know it.. Im not even
Well, I don't know what makes you think that and I don't want to know. Guess this place is filled with knowledgeable people who think of others as complete idiots.

gonna try to tell you anything, you can go and support AAP blindly, nothing is going to stop you from doing so.
And nothing is going to stop you as well from blindly supporting BJP.

A sensible person will look at the both sides of the coin.
Are you?

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Who the hell told i support BJP, i didn't vote for them.....
Just because i criticize aap doesn't mean i support bjp or congress......

Top Bottom