This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom (DOT)

mynameis74

Right off the assembly line
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OQAAAMpHGHRICrddgAvciT22TDX3DRJ4_Apt_zcJMrlTKOpfNi7TPbDguJyI9i6_LY4HOwNHgSwPoL5NjeoJbPO-YdQAm1T1UGsBGICHyWH8XNrHkzl0I68h_JsP.jpg

getting this on mediafire
rapidshare
sendspace

?

*i55.tinypic.com/a2sqs7.jpg
N ADMIN plz remove dis annoying thing this realy SUX:wwe:
instead of this put some text matching captcha

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
First of all welcome to TDF. :)

Now regarding the first issue, yes, Mediafire, Rapidshare etc. may have been blocked by DOT. Though this has not been confirmed. But many peoples are getting the same thing, and for few it's working perfectly fine.

So nothing can be said about the issue right now. Google is always your friend, and the whole internet community has been already flooded with this news within few mins.

And for your second query, we know that's it's annoying but bear it for some time. This helps us control SPAM and Advertisements. After your post count rises and after your spend few days on this forum it'll automatically go away.

To know more, read the Rules : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-www/announcement-forum-rules-updated-july-19-2011.html, and enjoy your stay :)

And before you and other readers panic more..I'm quoting this from a blog...

File sharing and Video sharing sites Banned in India by DOT list

1. Megaupload.com
2. Mediafire.com
3. Megavideo.com
4. VideoBB.com
5. Novamov.com
6. Movshare.net
7. Rapidshare.com
8. Putlocker.com
9. Hotfile.com
10. Fileserve.com (sometimes opening, sometimes DOT page shows)
11. Filesonic.com
12. Filesonic.in
13. Depositfiles.com
14. Wupload.com
15. Uploaded.to
16. UploadStation.com

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
FUP, 512kbps broadband and now banning websites. That's some serious retrogression.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Just read in some forums that they are also gonna block torrents and p0rns, what suddenly happened with DOT?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Minus - Share simply. fresh, new, forum and social media friendly, no ads, no limits
but yeah the interference is scary, proxies can still be used for RS, whole bunch of em here does anyone have a list to all blocked sites?

tkin

Back to school!!
I can access all of these sites, no issues what so ever, did you guys change your DNS? Use google DNS, afaik they can reroute DNS queries. Try using alternates.

PS: I am on BSNL Home FN600 and on old network(59.xx ip address).

The DOT are useless, only way to truly stop us is to use ip block and I doubt they have the resources for doing that.

Just read in some forums that they are also gonna block torrents and p0rns, what suddenly happened with DOT?
Chill dude, you honestly think they have the resources to do what the USA couldn't do in years? It will never happen. Switch your DNS server.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
but nothing about this on any recognised news site like timesofindia/rediff/yahoo/sify/pcworld/wiki.....

Chill dude, you honestly think they have the resources to do what the USA couldn't do in years? It will never happen. Switch your DNS server
that's the problem..... our politicians and businessmen can do anything (obviously not anything good way )..... thats the problem.....

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Sorry guys but changing DNS Server won't help here. Though one can always try that out. But look at some other forums and blogs, peoples already tried changing DNS to GoogleDNS and others but that didn't worked.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, I and TheHumanBot was chatting over Gtalk and find a way out for now on for all those who are getting this site as blocked.

Open the link using any proxy. The link would be like test.txt

And then Right click on "Click here to start download from MediaFire.." and "Copy Link Address". Like in this case it is *download315.mediafire.com/exd5i7k1fi3g/d50mmldldqhtpbo/test.txt

Paste that link on your Download Manager, and voila..!! :D

suyash_123

Techno Freak
India starts blocking file storage websites in a move against piracy

This is really a S#IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

File storage websites such as Megaupload, Putlocker, Rapidshare are being blocked in India.

A thread started on a popular online forum focused on developments in Indian broadband has furious and surprised users sharing a list of websites blocked by their Internet service providers. Going through the thread and my Twitter interactions, India’s Department of Telecommunication is behind the block.

Some users say they are not able to browse the file uploading websites, others say they can access and download content. A screenshot shared by Sunny Chahal on Twitter confirms that the block is in effect. Some other users are seeing the same notice. The error message:

Users of popular Internet Service Providers MTNL, BSNL and Airtel have confirmed seeing the same error while visiting some or all of the following websites:

Megaupload.com
Mediafire.com
Megavideo.com
VideoBB.com
Novamov.com
Movshare.net
Rapidshare.com
Putlocker.com
Hotfile.com
Fileserve.com
Filesonic.com
Filesonic.in
Depositfiles.com
Wupload.com

The decision behind banning the websites looks like piracy since most of these websites are widely used to share media production houses and record labels would want users to pay for. Users are comparing the ban to Internet rules in China. The Department of Homeland Security in the US also made definitive moves against piracy by seizing domains of websites hosting pirated content.

As of now there is no official word from the DoT, the story will be updated as we get more information.

(hat tip to @kalpik for the headsup.)

source: India starts blocking file storage websites in a move against piracy | ZDNet

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Re: India starts blocking file storage websites in a move against piracy

Well I am able to access most of these sites as of now. So it would be bad if action is taken :mad:
Why limit internet access in a Democracy?

suyash_123

Techno Freak

man ONly Mtnl , BSNL and Airtel guys not able to access..
Soon will be all internet providers :(

But is is really stupid step to do (hope it must be communist like in china )
none of other Country blocked that sites even U.S and U..K did not block it... Why India????

This must be due to "India, US join hands to tackle cyber crime, develop data sharing platform"
India US join hands to tackle cyber - Online Best Latest Price Reviews | Features in India

But check out U.S. itself don't Block it!!

1stly remove other issues in India like Corruption, Black money etc , why they are stucking Nose here????????

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!

I am able to access now ...
If they start to block i'll use a proxy (hope that works)

Top Bottom