This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom (DOT)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@suyash_123:
It would be wise to do a small search before creating a thread. There is one like 4 notches below yours. Merging.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
@suyash_123:
It would be wise to do a small search before creating a thread. There is one like 4 notches below yours. Merging.

Thanks buddy!!!
actually there are so many of the Categories in this forum :p.(earlier it was few and nice)

Man proxy will say the Day...

I hope They must not Block Pirate bay and torrents....

Actually India took America's advice as rule and make stupid decisions....

(i remembered the US nuclear deal, we have a Big nuclear mines in India but still will agree with Us for nuclear supplies!!!)

tkin

Back to school!!
I am curious, if they are not using DNS for blocking, then what are they using to block these sites?
Redirecting dns is the easiest way, filtering packet based on ip and not protocol is an immense task and can not be easily done.

Those who said its not working, have you guys tested googledns/opendns?

Also remember to use this command ipconfig/flushdns to clear the dns cache.

mrintech

Technomancer
Redirecting dns is the easiest way, filtering packet based on ip and not protocol is an immense task and can not be easily done.

Those who said its not working, have you guys tested googledns/opendns?

Also remember to use this command ipconfig/flushdns to clear the dns cache.

Not working :(

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
ok I am (delhi, MTNL ) being blocked as well. So I changed my DNS to google's and not sure what is happening now. I flushed my DNS, tried opening mediafire in a fresh browser and it still showed the blocked message. SO I reloaded and few times and it worked..

Also https://www.rapidshare.com/ is working , but RapidShare AG, Cham, Switzerland is blocked

mrintech

Technomancer
ok I am (delhi, MTNL ) being blocked as well. So I changed my DNS to google's and not sure what is happening now. I flushed my DNS, tried opening mediafire in a fresh browser and it still showed the blocked message. SO I reloaded and few times and it worked..

+1 :)

Working for me too :D

ISP: AirTel, Madhya Pradesh :) - Now backing up 500 MB+ of data from Mediafire :(

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I am using Aurora 7.02a (mozilla firefox alpha channel) and everything is fine here.

Airtel 2M 40GB 1699 Kolkata plan (where FUP is not being enforced in my connection lol)

tkin

Back to school!!
So, its confirmed to be a DNS block.

So, anyone who is having issues do these:

1. Change DNS to google/opendns.
2. Flush DNS cache.
3. Delete browser private data cause some browsers also have inbuilt dns cache like chrome.
4. Open the pages.

R2K

In the Zone
Every god-damn website is accessible at my end...:D
BTW...How can they block every filesharing websites like that...What abt ppl who use these sites for legit purposes:x

Top Bottom