Thinking To Learn Guitar

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Yeah,you'll get those with the guitar itself.Guitar Tuner is the most important one,but if you have android you get the app,so no need for a physical one.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Yeah,you'll get those with the guitar itself.Guitar Tuner is the most important one,but if you have android you get the app,so no need for a physical one.

don't have android :p still stuck with symbian :p

and its raining here, sl looks like i'll go tommorow

SunE

Professional Newbie
Also get a capo if you want. Lots of popular songs need a capo to be played properly. But it's not at all necessary.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Also get a capo if you want. Lots of popular songs need a capo to be played properly. But it's not at all necessary.

Not really necessary. Learn normally first and once you understand the theory, then get a capo.

Most songs can be transposed easily between keys without a capo.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Not really necessary. Learn normally first and once you understand the theory, then get a capo.

Most songs can be transposed easily between keys without a capo.

Yeah I did mention that it was not necessary. Thanks for the information though. Even I'm thinking of starting(actually I do know a little since I live in a hostel and many of my friends already know how to play the guitar).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I play it for a hobby and I read some music theory books. I mainly only cover songs.

But I enjoy it as well.

You can check out my youtube channel for some of my videos : *www.youtube.com/user/dessavio/videos

- - - Updated - - -

If you want details of what I know, I know a couple of chords, I practice the Pentatonic, Minor and Harmonic Minor scales and impro on them and tapping arpeggios, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I did mention that it was not necessary. Thanks for the information though. Even I'm thinking of starting(actually I do know a little since I live in a hostel and many of my friends already know how to play the guitar).

You should take the time to learn from your friends.

- - - Updated - - -

what does a capo do? :O

It is mainly used to set a song in a higher key. For example a song in the key of E would become a song in the key of F# if you put the capo on the 2nd fret, while maintaining the pattern of the chords from the key of E.

But you can transpose chords anyway without a capo, only the pattern changes.

Gollum

Collector
well i'm ready for that :D

It will only hurt for a week,

My tip, hold the finger near the fret or right on top of the fret.
This will reduce the strength needed to apply on the string while holding a note or chord.
*www.start-playing-guitar.com/image-files/fretboard.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Near the fret
*4.bp.blogspot.com/-3nyCsiZEsEA/UmKhQ6a4eKI/AAAAAAAAAGI/ouXdRwubwGQ/s1600/IMG_1956.jpg

Thumb exactly opposite to the middle finger
*www.learningtoplaytheguitar.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/gd_change41.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It will only hurt for a week,

My tip, hold the finger near the fret or right on top of the fret.
This will reduce the strength needed to apply on the string while holding a note or chord.
*www.start-playing-guitar.com/image-files/fretboard.jpg

Dude, you nuts? That will cause buzzing and your note won't sound at all.

Always fret behind the fret.

Top Bottom