"Things are about to change" Nokias decisive do or die moment on Sept 5th event

ajaymailed

In the zone
*s9.postimage.org/o8i14391r/xlarge.jpg
source: Are These Nokia's New Lumia Windows Phones? (Updated)

I felt its important to create new thread even before phones release since this might well be Nokias last desperate attempt to survive in smartphone market. Its Game over for Nokia if Windows 8 Lumia series doesn't click on the market, there is only so much time left for Nokias cash reserves to dry up.

End for Nokia if new Lumia phones fail: Analysts

Nokia, Microsoft head for 'Last Chance Saloon'
"This is very high stakes," said Canaccord Genuity analyst Michael Walkley. "Nokia bet everything on Windows, and if this doesn't succeed the next step might be having to do what's best for shareholders, and that might include selling off key assets or selling the whole company."
on the bright side
"Everybody's liking what they see coming from Microsoft with the Windows 8 (mobile) platform from the user experience perspective and the integration perspective," said Bill Versen, a Verizon Wireless executive who works with business customers on their smartphone strategies.

"Enterprises have Windows-based platforms they're using for their businesses. They've been waiting for Microsoft to mobilize that in a user-accepted way," he added.

*s8.postimage.org/d11u9qwad/Things_Are_About_To_Change_Nokia.png
Source: "Things Are About To Change, According To Nokia Teaser Clip For September 5th Event [VIDEO] | Redmond Pie
hope this women in red dress will change Nokias fortunes bring in some lady luck

sujoyp

Grand Master
I really want nokia to survive...samsung is dominating the mobile industry like anything....Compitition is always good for people..

Nokia should do anything and everything to survive...they can have more meego phones , update symbian and surprise people, keep its ego and get android on some handsets

I dont think WM platform can alone save nokia

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
Nokia should do anything and everything to survive...they can have more meego phones , update symbian and surprise people, keep its ego and get android on some handsets
They need money for R&D to keep up different platforms, which they don't really have. Its may be too late to decide upon Android, should have done earlier. Right now its downsizing, Massive Layoffs, Selling Assets, abandoning assembly lines etc. If this continues company needs restructuring/ bankruptcy/ sale and then decide on strategy.

sujoyp

Grand Master
This was the same condition Sony Ericsson was facing ....they rapidly reduced there number of handsets in market and concentrated on limited numbers...also they cashed upon one of there core competency - the design

Even Nokia have some great competency like build quality,signal reception, camera ...soo they should reinvent themself with limited handsets.

The new handsets in the picture is definitely good looking..

Krow

Crowman
Nokia Lumia 920 with PureView revealed, includes 4.5-inch display | The Verge

Rumours say the new device could be a Pureview Lumia. The model number is Lumia 920 (look at the time in the picture) and it is supposed to have a 4.5-inch display with PureView and WP8.

if nokia adopts android then only it'll survive
And your argument is based on what?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: "Things are about to change" Nokias decisive do or die moment on Sept 5th event

Indians are obsessed with Samsung and Android whatever their use is. If Nokia wants to make a comeback they need to launch these mobiles at aggressive pricepoint and show better ads. Ads that bring some meaning rather than an auto with a fan on top (WTH was that!!!).

root.king

geek in action
@krow
all peoples dont like windows on their cellphone, and about symbian thats very old and crap and buggy os.
Thats y i told y they can't introduce android platform based smartphone or cellphone

root.king

geek in action
Re: "Things are about to change" Nokias decisive do or die moment on Sept 5th event

@krow
see this links and i hope u can understand

Windows Phone To Top iOS Market Share By 2016, IDC Says - Forbes

Android Grabs 52.5% of Global Mobile OS Market | TechnoBuffalo

@krow

*www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/06/06/windows-phone-to-top-ios-market-share-by-2016-idc-says/

www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/android-grabs-52-5-of-global-mobile-os-market/

@krow

*www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/06/06/windows-phone-to-top-ios-market-share-by-2016-idc-says/

www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/android-grabs-52-5-of-global-mobile-os-market/

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Andriod - Tech savvy adventurous type
iOS - For lazy ass rich *******s who love to flaunt
Windows - For lazy ass rich people with liking for better hardware,design,looks

So IMO its Windows &(not vs) Andriod...
iOS can go to hell

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Though I am more into Android, it would be sad to see Nokia die just like that. I hope that they do something good on the 5th.

Krow

Crowman

@krow

Windows Phone To Top iOS Market Share By 2016, IDC Says - Forbes

Android Grabs 52.5% of Global Mobile OS Market | TechnoBuffalo

First of all, please avoid SMS lingo. "y","u", etc.

Android has over 50% market share, but there are so many manufacturers. Nokia's decision to avoid Android was smart. The decision to abandon Meego was not so smart.

As of now, Nokia has offers a unique UI with WP. Other manufacturers make Windows Phones too, but Nokia is among the few that do rather than being one among thousands of Android makers.

Besides, if I were you, I would not compare US figures with the Indian market. Nokia Ngage was a flop in America, but a massive hit in India. :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Though I am more into Android, it would be sad to see Nokia die just like that. I hope that they do something good on the 5th.

Hope it's android though the chances are 0.0000001%

Hope it's android though the chances are 0.0000001%

android+nokia= Death of all other companies??

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Andriod - Tech savvy adventurous type
iOS - For lazy ass rich *******s who love to flaunt
Windows - For lazy ass rich people with liking for better hardware,design,looks

So IMO its Windows &(not vs) Andriod...
iOS can go to hell
iOS for lazy ass rich people??? huh?? all high end android phones cost 30k+, so if someone can afford a high end android, they can easily afford an iPhone. iOS is the reason android exists, and IMO iOS has better apps than android.........

P.S I'm no apple fanatic, I have an android.....

Top Bottom