Thermal paste suggestions

Vignesh B

Youngling
Guys, suggest me some good thermal paste. Will be applying to my i5-750:)mrgreen:). Local dealers don't even know about them. All of them were dumbstruck when I mentioned the name! They say, it doesn't come separately. They have never heard of Arctic silver, Tuniq etc!
Jokes apart, budget is around 1k. Cheaper the better. Prefer to buy it online, can't go all the way to Delhi to buy it.

saswat23

Human Spambot
CM Thermal Fusion 400 is a very good option.
I got it from 'Abacus Peripherals' here for 500 bucks.

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ Noted. Thanks for the suggestion. Searching for it.
Meantime, anything good here - Thermal pastes-TechShop

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used CM NF and TF 400 both but still recommendation would be either DC Z5 or Z9 or the best of the best Noctua NT-H1.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, go on .... and don't forget to post the results before and after applying new TiM.

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
Thermal paste . what is this ???
It is a high heat conductive paste that is used between the heatsink and the CPU to get better heat conduction. It fills in all those microscopic imperfections on the heatsink and the CPU that can trap air in them and cause a loss in the heatsink’s performance.
Usually you will find it already applied in newly bought CPU.
Wikipedia, and Google is at your service. :)

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
how frequently the thermal paste should be changed..?
Anytime you remove your heatsink, or anytime the heatsink becomes inadvertently dislodged. Or when you see temperatures going out of normal range(that can also be due to dust build-up).
The average computer user would never do this anyway.
How often to change is very subjective. Don't worry about it, just keep your computer clean and dust-free.

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Which one should i opt between these two ? Will be applied on Dual Core Processor..My temps are around 49-54c after 30-40 mins of game..need to reduce atleast 7-8 degree..

DEEPCOOL THERMAL PASTE Z3

COOLER MASTER PEST IC VALUE V1

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Which one should i opt between these two ? Will be applied on Dual Core Processor..My temps are around 49-54c after 30-40 mins of game..need to reduce atleast 7-8 degree..

DEEPCOOL THERMAL PASTE Z3

COOLER MASTER PEST IC VALUE V1

I guess the temps are fine if it stays the same even after 40 min of gameplay. BTW, which game is that you have tested this upon? I would say the best game to test your real time cpu temp is BF3.
And any TIM you apply might give you only within 4-6 deg reduction. This greatly enhances with the use of a good aftermarket heatsink setup.

Yes, I am using AS5. Load temp diff. for i5 2500 on Intel HSF is about 22C! My GPU temp. has also improved by 5-10C load.

P.S. GPU's a HD 6870.

btw, did u apply AS5 on your GPU too?? why will the GPU temp "improve" (did you mean reduce??) otherwise??

I think Arctic Silver 5 is the best. Check this link: 80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test | Thermal Interface Material,Thermal Paste,Heatsink Compound,80-Way Thermal Interface Material Best Thermal Paste Heatsink Compound Cooling Performance Comparison Benchmark Tests

Top Bottom