Thermal paste suggestions

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which one should i opt between these two ? Will be applied on Dual Core Processor..My temps are around 49-54c after 30-40 mins of game..need to reduce atleast 7-8 degree..

DEEPCOOL THERMAL PASTE Z3

COOLER MASTER PEST IC VALUE V1

Don't get anything lower than DC Z5.

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
Got my DC Z9 day-before yesterday. Applied it today.
Now my i5-750 is idling at 35-37 and at load it stays around 50-55.
Before applying it was idling around 45-50 and load around 60-65.
So around a 7-10 degree difference is there. :)

Last edited:

insaneYLN

In the zone
When choosing a thermal paste, is thermal conductivity and type of equal importance, or is thermal conductivity, a primary factor and type, a secondary one?

Also, what is the relatively ideal value of thermal conductivity in W/(m·K) for an apt thermal paste?
:unsure:

Those measurements are for nerds. I trust only benchmarks; for all computer components. If thermal conductivity would have been the measure, then Antec Formulae 5 would have ruled the world. It contains diamond powder and has a thermal conductivity of 1000-1100 W/m2 while Arctic Silver has conductivity of ~ 500 W/m2. See benchmarks and decide :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
When choosing a thermal paste, is thermal conductivity and type of equal importance, or is thermal conductivity, a primary factor and type, a secondary one?

Also, what is the relatively ideal value of thermal conductivity in W/(m·K) for an apt thermal paste?
:unsure:

here I agree with harshilsharma63 ;-) look at the links :
NanoFusion - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case, Cooler, Power Supply, Laptop Cooling, Gaming Peripherals
ThermalFusion 400 - Cooler Master

the numbers will make you confusd and only manufacturers what standard they have used for these specs ... so if you are into lokk for a good TiM read couple of revoews from some good websites, make a list and go search them ( as not every brand is available here ) and get one. The best non elctro conductive TiM I still beleive is Noctua NT-H1 though
Noctua.at - sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria"!

Top Bottom